Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2004, 01:27 AM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

why is it

every time i hear kerry speak, or read shis plan i like him less and less. he is just trying to do the exact opposite of bush and that will not work. his plans for goverment run programs is not oging to help anything out but give people jobs that they can work at and get by, but not potentially do something. maybe bush is fucking thins up bad, but im begining to fear what a 4 year reign of kerry would be. i hate to say it but i might be leaning towrds bush. cause at this point, what else can he possibley do.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:06 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Look at it this way Chris...lesser of two evils. Bush had his chance and he blew it. The economy is shit, we seem to be taking on all comers in the middle east, and we have no problem pissing off whoever shows the slightest bit of descension from our "policies". I don't like Kerry either...never have. But I do like Edwards and I figure 1 out of 2 ain't bad. Politicians lie man...that's what they do for a living. Bush won't and hasn't lived up to his end of the deal...and Kerry probably won't either. But I figure with Kerry there's a slim chance we might eventually get out of the middle east without fighting Syria, Iran, etc. etc. and we may actually keep a few jobs here. That's enough for me. I saw a republican the other day saying that Kerry voters were not passionate saying that they wanted "anyone but Bush" like that was a knock at Kerry. In my eyes, it shows what a horrific job Bush has done and will continue to do with 4 more years. You ask "what else could he possibly do"? Blow up the fucking world. And don't worry...I'm sure he's working on that.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:14 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmmm, i don't like kerry either. luckily i don't have an american citizenship so i can vote.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:27 AM   #4
IALuder

well, im voting for nader. period.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:49 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
well, im voting for nader. period.

You know...growing up people always told me you couldn't waste a vote. Apparently men like Nader and Perrot are out to prove them wrong. You might as well just send in a write in vote for a bag of sand.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 09-23-2004, 03:26 PM   #6
mavaaoife

Learn these facts to properly debate our poor misguided friends & family before election time !!!

There were 39 combat related killings
in Iraq during the month of January.....
In the fair city of Detroit there were
35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city,
about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't
have started this war, state the following ...

FDR...
led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...
finished that war and started one in Korea,
North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...
started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...
turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...
went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,
Bosnia never attacked us.
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter
three times by Sudan and did nothing.
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has ...
liberated two countries,
crushed the Taliban,
crippled al-Qaida,
put nuclear inspectors in Libya,
Iran and North Korea
without firing a shot,
and captured a terrorist who slaughtered
300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking, but...
It took less time to take Iraq
than it took Janet Reno to take the
Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of
chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to
find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division
and the Marines to destroy the Medina
Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to
call the police after his Oldsmobile
sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took
to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB!
The Military moral is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Wow...most of that has little or no relevance. Let me break this down piece by piece:

Detroit is a shithole...giving one month's statistics is skewed and improper. But then again we as a nation are violent. Deal with it.

As for WWII...yes, we were attacked by Japan, not Germany. We handed Japan their ass. Germany was a different story. They were a rogue nation invading other countries left and right and the rest of the world was practically begging us to join the fight. We did...but it was much later than most other nations. In Iraq hardly anyone wanted us there...people were practically begging us to stay OUT.

Korea: Korea never attacked us...true. But then again, Iraq never attacked us. A police action due to the fear over the spread of communism.

Vietnam: Again, not attacked by Vietnam. But, as before, we weren't attacked by Iraq either. We were attacked by Saudis and Afghanis. We bombed and took on the nation of Afghanistan even though the nation didn't attack us. Why haven't we taken on the Saudis. Oh that's right...they've got shitloads of money tied up in American companies and are playing grab ass with the bush family.

Bosnia: Same situation as the aforementioned Korea and Vietnam. Though Bosnia wasn't really a war, I'll consider it such for the nature of this discussion. Clinton didn't go after bin Laden during this time because the media was all over his ass about impeachment and blowjobs. One wrong move and one too many collateral injuries and it would've all blown up. Clinton also observed that useless little part of the constitution that prohibits a president from ordering an assassination. Besides...since when did we trust Sudan?

Bush has, in reality, accomplished little in two years. He invaded two countries, only sidelined the Taliban for a short while, probably solidified al-Qaeda's following by doing everything they said we'd do...far from crippling them, barely turned his head when Korea told us it had nuclear weapons and disabled surveillance cameras in their reactors, and captured the only man on the planet who rivals his own evil. I could add more to that, but I'm sticking to foreign affairs here.

Maybe I'm confused...when did we actually take Iraq? I know Bush declared "mission accomplished" many months ago...but people are still dying and the war's still going on. So by my guess that's over a year and we still don't have much to show for it. If only it had taken 51 days...I'd have quite a few friends that would be home right now.

WMDs are a touchy subject. Iraq used them before...20 years ago...to gas Kurds in the north. But that was 20 years ago. We were looking for them now. When the UN wanted to inspect we said there wasn't enough time. When pressed for proof of the weapons we told them to give us more time. Brilliant. No wonder 2/3 of the world hates us.

Hey! A cheap knock a Ted Kennedy! That's new...I've never seen anyone do that before. No...really. No sarcasm here. Total classic.

Again...we haven't taken Iraq. We've turned it into a mini-Vietnam. But at least Bush had an "exit strategy" for Vietnam.

I don't know who you're talking to, but everyone I know who's in Iraq and came back from Iraq tells me how miserable they were there. Anyone who's moral is high there is likely a sociopath or a masochist.

Biased media? The only truely biased media I see (though in truth I only watch a few cable news channels) is Fox News and they've all but decided Bush is going in for a second term. Nobody's ignoring facts...this list is actually fatally flawed and horribly skewed. It's really a shame that some of us aren't as dumb as our public schools are designed to make us.

On a side note, if you have something to say, make it your own. Don't cut and paste something someone emailed to you and present it like you're own opinion. And even if you do...don't make it something I can tear apart so easily.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 09-23-2004 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:31 AM   #8
mylittlecivic

bah either way we're all screwed

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:42 AM   #9
IALuder

^yup^

Old 09-24-2004, 02:57 AM   #10
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

On a side note, if you have something to say, make it your own. Don't cut and paste something someone emailed to you and present it like you're own opinion. And even if you do...don't make it something I can tear apart so easily.

Nice... OWNED
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:15 AM   #11
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

My vote goes to.... Mickey Mouse! I think we have a winner here.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:11 PM   #12
Masamune
1st Gear

amen mycivicjust8u, amen brother
Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 06:48 AM   #13
IALuder

^mycivicjust8you is a gurl dawg. and a B-E-A-UTIFUL one!

Old 09-25-2004, 07:48 AM   #14
CD5Passion

I hear they are planning to invade Iran after the November elections, how wonderful is that? we'll take on another country without taking the first
Old 09-25-2004, 08:29 AM   #15
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
I hear they are planning to invade Iran after the November elections, how wonderful is that? we'll take on another country without taking the first

yeah I'll trust what you heard about something you have no way of knowing
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:37 AM   #16
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Look at it this way Chris...lesser of two evils. Bush had his chance and he blew it. The economy is shit, we seem to be taking on all comers in the middle east, and we have no problem pissing off whoever shows the slightest bit of descension from our "policies".

what should bush have done differently to help the economy?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:44 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
what should bush have done differently to help the economy?

Hmmmm...perhaps not giving preferential treatment to companies who send jobs to other countries, not pretending everything's ok when it's obviously not, and actually paying attention to what the other 97% of non-super rich Americans needed. If you're not rich and not white he could give a fuck about you...unless he wants your vote. But then again, I'm not in charge...yet...so it's not my place to throw around crazy logical solutions to his problems.

Old 09-27-2004, 05:49 PM   #18
AzCivic

i got more than usual in my tax refund, and i'm not rich. people w/ kids got way more.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:53 PM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
i got more than usual in my tax refund, and i'm not rich. people w/ kids got way more.

But what you got was NOTHING compared to what super rich people got. Like they need more money. Actually...kids didn't make a huge difference. My friend has twins and she didn't get much more than me and she made more than twice as much as I did last year.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:00 PM   #20
AzCivic

maybe, but they also pay way more in taxes then i do even if they do know loop holes. you can't say they pay a less % of their income in taxes than normal people. if a rich person gets a tax break and buys a car thats helping the economy quite a bit. if i get a small break(cause i make way less) and buy a cheap ass tv, i dont think that helps as much.

thats weird people i know w/ kids were all happy cause of the increase.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:06 PM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
maybe, but they also pay way more in taxes then i do even if they do know loop holes. you can't say they pay a less % of their income in taxes than normal people. if a rich person gets a tax break and buys a car thats helping the economy quite a bit. if i get a small break(cause i make way less) and buy a cheap ass tv, i dont think that helps as much.

thats weird people i know w/ kids were all happy cause of the increase.

Well...anyone with kids will be happy to get ANY extra money back. It's expensive raising kids. I suppose rich people do spend more, but they also got a lot of breaks that people like you and me won't ever see. Cutting capital gains taxes doesn't help you unless you're uber rich.