User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2001, 10:36 PM   #1
thermal
Banning Machine

here's one

but first, i'm not doggin all the 99-00 Si owners, i have a few friends driving these cars too. thi is also a funny story:

i got revved on by a kid driving an EBP Si with a big AEM sticker on the hood. i was new in the area so i just let it go, not to mention that street racing is not really for me. this is in a navy base that has a 25MPH speed limit. i'm not about to lose a rank cuz of stupidity.

then a few days later, i was checking my tire pressure with a friend when he revved his car again as he was passing by! i stayed cool. my friend and i left the base on the way to a movie theatre. then we saw the same car again, this time with 3 ppl. the driver and 2 girls.

both of our cars were side by side while awaiting for the train to pass by. the kid had his windows up. he was saying something to the girls in his car then he would rev and laugh. i was like......ok then, i'm sick of this kid's punka**. he kept revving and laughing.

the train passed by and the Si went ahead to drive and cut me OFF while the road block was still going up. i immediately shifted lane also to get beside him. i watch my boost gauge rise up to zero and by then, the rpm was getting ready to red-line. i was already beside him. i shifted and my BOV went off. i kept going and left him about 1 1/2 car lengths behind. we both hit the light again. he rolled down his window still laughing but the 2 girls could not look at me. he asked if we could run it again. he said to me straight up, that he heard a noise in my car and that it was getting ready to blow up. i was like.......huh, whatever. i told him to make sure that his a/c is off to gain more power. he said it doesnt matter and that my car will blow up anyway before i could catch up with him. i said ok lets roll!

he was revving harder this time. the light shifted to green. we both went off. he gained traction first but not enuff to leave me behind. again i shifted beside him and left him about only 1 car this time. i had to turn right to the movie theatre. unfortunately the dude is going to same place . my buddy was getting ready to whoop his eminem looking arse. he approached me with a smile and the girls are still faceless (they still could NOT look at me). he again said that my car will be blowing up soon. i asked, "what are u talking about?" he said that he heard a VERY loud pppssstt as i was passing him. he said that it was a sign that my car is gonna blow up. i just laughed and told him what it was. i had to explain the dude that it was BOV. he was GETTING READY to turn out ok, until he popped the big question. he wanted to know if he can put just the BOV on his intake.
:o :sleep: ::

he he he........you draw your own conclusion..........i could'nt decide for myself to either be pissed or feel sorry for the guy. he doesnt rev on me anymore when he sees me on the base, especially after seeing me in my uniform as an E-6. he just finished basic training...........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote