::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2002, 10:09 PM   #1
Civicfrenzy

help with mods

I have a 96 civic ex (yes its an automatic, oh well) but this summer i am looking to do some mods to help performance then work on the exterior. Its stock right now and im kinda new to this so what does everyone suggest? What should i get first? What are the best brands? If you can go into some detail that would be great also!

thnx alot everyone!!
Old 04-08-2002, 12:21 AM   #2
ZeroAccess

Ok heres just some idea's

Intake (I prefer AEM but lately people have been liking weapon-r and their hyper filter, injen intakes have also made a rise, and ice-man is susposed to be as good as AEM)

Headers (DC Sports to me is the best I can't really think of anyone else...dang I've been studying turbo's to long)

Exhaust (now here's the trickiest one Tananbe,Apexi,Thermal, everyone is good lol...all depends on the sound and what your going for, the thing to keep in mind here is that you will want a full catback system which means replacing everything instead of just the muffler if you are going Naturally Aspirated (no turbo or supercharger) then a 2.25 or 2.5 piping is needed if ur going Forced Induction then a 3" piping is needed)

All three of the above help airflow and air/fuel = power

Pulleys (I prefer AEM) what these do is allow the motor to not work as hard to turn because there lighter...(lame explanation I know)

After those 4 things decided where you want to go and hopefully by then you'll be able to decide on your own

Now for Exterior

Springs or Coil-Overs...can't really tell ya which one to go with its up to you ...I prefer Coil's though

I'm going to get Ground Control Coil-Overs but reccently a lot of people have been liking the VERY cheap prices of Drop Zone

If you have a endless budget go with TIC or Tien (drool)

Rims and everything else is all up to you....
Old 04-17-2002, 12:24 AM   #3
midjjj

great advice, not gonna go wrong with this stuff either, good luck.