::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2002, 02:36 PM   #1
Cubanito44

Help Me Out Here

Alright guys here's the deal...I'm not a speed demon...Shoot i barely know about cars and engines. I'm getting into this whole import racer thing now...And i got to be honest it's great.. My question is this...I like the Honda Accord Coupe, But i doubt that i'll be putting NOS or making major engine swaps anytime soon...I'll probably do the basics like changing the exhaust, intake, sparkplugs, etc...Plus putting a kit on it all that..Now here's the thing, should i buy the 4 cylinder manual model and save a bit or go with the 6 cylinder automatic model and go for the extra 50hps.. And then add on the mods? Or should i just go with a Civic all together?

Cub
Old 11-13-2002, 02:39 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

If you want to race, forget the kit it'll only slow you down.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:40 PM   #3
Honda530

Well a civic is going to weigh 300 lbs or so less than your car. IF your into racing maybe a hatchback would do nice for you. You could buy a older hatch swap in a b18 or b16 and mod it from there. If you reaally want to race thats the best bet. IMO id stay stay with the accord coupe those are sweet Keep the 5spd 4 cylinder it was much more potential than a v6 auto.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:30 AM   #4
NastyontheNOS

Para los Cubanos....

I wasn't going to answer this question cause its kinda up to you but if it was up to me and I was going to do some racing or something close buy a Civic. If your sure your going to a Accord go big ballin V6 automatic and pimp that thing. Good luck have fun.

Alex "Cuba libre" Costa
Old 11-14-2002, 09:34 AM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

if you want speed, dont get the v6, its not as fast as people thing. get a bottom of the line 4cly 5spd and with the saved money swap a h22. you will smoke all v6's. i knwo i do

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 10:02 AM   #6
Cubanito44

Sounds like a plan guys..So here's what i'm thinking i've found really nice Accord Coupes with low miles on them..I was thinking buying one making the mods for the exterior and after i reach a good amount of miles..Swap engines and then start on the mods for the engine. Like cool air intakes, etc..etc..Keep coming with more suggestions guys..I appreciate it alot...Thanks..

Cub