::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2002, 08:58 PM   #1
Quist

Vtec???where??

When I am revving high and the Vtec is supposed to be kickin in I dont feel much at all. I was staying away from doing the ol' IHE. Because I wanted to get a new(faster) engine but right now I need something to for a little more power and the guy at the shop down the street sayed that if I get a CAI that will help strengthen my Vtec pull(and sound better), is this true or should I just save my money for my ITR swap????
Old 04-24-2002, 09:51 PM   #2
FLAT_LINER

uhhh.... 2hp increase........or..........70hp increase u got the money go for it

i would go for a b18c or b18b and put a turbo
Old 04-24-2002, 10:08 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

The CAI will give you a couple of ponies, but there really is no VTEC pull on your civic, so don't worry about it. Save your money for a swap.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:23 PM   #4
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
The CAI will give you a couple of ponies, but there really is no VTEC pull on your civic, so don't worry about it. Save your money for a swap.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 10:26 PM   #5
BLu3xCiViC

yea....save up for at least an ls motors.....dont waist your money on lil mods cuz when they add up it'll cost more than an engine swap....
Old 04-24-2002, 10:52 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

You won't feel or hear VTEC that much on a SOHC. My EX had Intake & Exhaust and it made no where near the sound/pull that my DOHC does with an intake......

If you're swapping it out eventually, save your money....
Old 04-25-2002, 01:24 AM   #7
PabloHoney

Obviously having your exhaust and intake lobes on different cams that can have different timing is gonna give you better pull than having all the lobes on one cam. Save your money and get a different engine. But think about what you are spending before you buy. You can get a JDM ITR swap for around $5000 (give or take), but get a JDM GS-R swap for $3200, and put the 1800 you saved towards something else for the engine (say a Turbo or a Supercharger), and make your car WAY faster than with the ITR engine. Just something to consider.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #8
Quist

Ok I was doin a little engine shoppin yesterday and came up with a Civic Type-r engine with tranny and ecu for about $1500. I htink that is a little better bang for my buck. Has any one sold a standard EX engine?? how much do you think i could get for my old engine??
Old 04-25-2002, 01:29 PM   #9
blownteggy

Quote:
Originally posted by Quist
Ok I was doin a little engine shoppin yesterday and came up with a Civic Type-r engine with tranny and ecu for about $1500. I htink that is a little better bang for my buck. Has any one sold a standard EX engine?? how much do you think i could get for my old engine??
damn only 1500 for a ctr. is it the whole package or just the block cuz a ctr goes for around 5g's.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:58 PM   #10
PabloHoney

Yea, there is no way that is a complete engine if it really is a CTR. I am guessing whoever is selling it doesn't know his ass from his elbow. CTR engine is a waste of money in my opinion. For the money you are paying for it, you could almost buy a ITR engine and have that much more hp. Anyway, double check that engine.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:09 PM   #11
Quist

Never mind some as$%@&* just bought it for $3600 dollars on ebay. It was the real deal though ECU, TRanny, harness. Oh well I guess it was'nt meant to be!!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:25 AM   #12
EX_AutoXer

yeah.. i'm wishing i held out for an si, but when your jetta burns to the ground, you gotta get a new ride to work