::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #1
juvenile

So far it's leaning towards bush...

246 to 196 for Bush (with ~3mil more people voting for him) so far and there's not too many states left...
Old 11-02-2004, 11:49 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...it'll be tight and then there'll be a bunch of lawsuits and perhaps recounts. Who cares? Either way we're screwed. Now it's just a matter of how hard.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:01 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well every news station seems to report something different .

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:20 AM   #4
juvenile

Some are more conservative then others on how they tabulate results that's why. It still provides a fairly good look at how things are shaping up...
Old 11-03-2004, 12:33 AM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

theyre all calling ohio to bush...despite the fact that there are over 100k votes not counted yet.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:40 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Dude...one source called Montana for Bush with 0.0% of the results counted.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-03-2004, 12:51 AM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

HA
I missed that one

I hate the media
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:56 AM   #8
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
theyre all calling ohio to bush...despite the fact that there are over 100k votes not counted yet.

the gap is over 100k between bush and kerry, they called it because kerry would have to win a very unusually high percentage of the remaining votes. possible, but highly unlikely.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:34 AM   #9
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

I'm willing to call the election now in favor of Bush. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach since the beginning of the night. My roommates told me to have faith. "In who?" I asked- "The American general public?" They conceded to my point, and tonight I was proven correct. The masses are idiots. Notice the most decisive Kerry victory- that's right- DC.

On a side note- W has the lowest IQ (82) of any president in history. The average American is more intelligent than their commander in chief. Is that really the man you want running the show? The masses have spoken, and I'm thinking of moving to Canada.

BTW- Clinton's was the highest, at 182.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:52 AM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
On a side note- W has the lowest IQ (82) of any president in history. The average American is more intelligent than their commander in chief. Is that really the man you want running the show? The masses have spoken, and I'm thinking of moving to Canada.

82? Seriously? That seems really low...even for Bush. I mean that's borderline clinically retarded. Maybe that's why Laura Bush's pet project is education...due to the dire needs of her husband. I've finally come to realize that I'm watching more of the local races for house and senate seats because Bush can't do a fuckin thing without those people's approval.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:55 AM   #11
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
I'm willing to call the election now in favor of Bush. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach since the beginning of the night. My roommates told me to have faith. "In who?" I asked- "The American general public?" They conceded to my point, and tonight I was proven correct. The masses are idiots. Notice the most decisive Kerry victory- that's right- DC.

where the hell did you get this??
Old 11-03-2004, 01:55 AM   #12
AzCivic

is 189 even on the damn scale?!
Old 11-03-2004, 01:57 AM   #13
AzCivic

hmmm, take a gander at whats below the gray box
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bliq-bush.htm
Old 11-03-2004, 02:10 AM   #14
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Nice find, I'll concede.

But the man is still a moron wielding the power of a nation.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:10 AM   #15
CD5Passion

either way he's a fucktard
Old 11-03-2004, 02:13 AM   #16
AzCivic

apparently america doesnt think so.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:20 AM   #17
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Oh, yes, and America, for the most part, is well educated, possesses common sense, and should be considered intelligent.

Please. 99% of people should be legally mentally handicapped. Choosing a "correct" or "best" decision based on the opinion of the majority is fundamentally flawed- it assumes that the majoirty has the cognitive capability to make the best decision.

Wake up- people are idiots.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:23 AM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

^agreed

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:25 AM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic

Well...Amerikans are morons on the whole. I wouldn't put too much stock in what Amerika has to say. But still...if that email is false, I'd like to know where his IQ sits. I mean...people keep saying Jessica Simpson has a high IQ but she continues to be a complete dipshit. Clinton seemed smart...just not with his life choices (always trying to nail those boogawoofs). Bush's main problem is his dialogue. I'm actually wondering if he doesn't have a legitimate learning diability like dyslexia ( no offense to dyslexics...I have two in my own family that I know of). Or maybe his admitted years (and years and years and years...) of boozing it up have effected the speech center of his brain. Either way, I base my own assessment of his intelligence on the decisions he makes...not what some email says. From observation I'd put his IQ somewhere in the 110-120 range.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:25 AM   #20
AzCivic

"

Oh, yes, and America, for the most part, is well educated, possesses common sense, and should be considered intelligent.

Please. 99% of people should be legally mentally handicapped. Choosing a "correct" or "best" decision based on the opinion of the majority is fundamentally flawed- it assumes that the majoirty has the cognitive capability to make the best decision.

Wake up- people are idiots."

and thats why the election isnt based on the popular vote, but the electoral. if the electors thought that the person they were told to vote for were complete and utterly useless they could change their minds and vote against what their states popular vote said.

wake up, YOU are not as smart as you think you are.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:31 AM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
and thats why the election isnt based on the popular vote, but the electoral. if the electors thought that the person they were told to vote for were complete and utterly useless they could change their minds and vote against what their states popular vote said.

wake up, YOU are not as smart as you think you are.

Well...my main beef with the E.C. is that it goes against the foundation of democracy as we conceive it. Democracy boils down to "the best man wins". Yet somehow we've conjured up a system where having more people want you in office doesn't mean you'll get there. This is evidenced by the 2000 election. Gore wins popular vote, Bush gets into office. I honestly think we should do away with the E.C. altogether...whoever gets the most votes wins, period. Otherwise your vote doesn't mean as much as it could.

Also...I'm taking odds on who thinks Ohio will be a contested state. Warning: Recounts ahead.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:33 AM   #22
AzCivic

but if americans are morons, then you shouldnt want that. correct?
Old 11-03-2004, 02:44 AM   #23
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

So you're telling me that the electoral college is there as a safeguard against the popular vote? In case the popular vote elects a the "wrong" candidate, the electoral college will be there to hold the "real" election and prevent certain disaster?

You're subtlely changing the subject and avoiding the issue. "Because the majority thinks so" is not a legitimate reason nor an argument for anything.

Regardless of how intelligent I may (or may not) be, I do think for myself and form my own opinions. I'll take that over siding with the masses because that's what they think ANYDAY.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:48 AM   #24
CD5Passion

Quote:

oh correction...apparently nearly half of america don't trust him
thats it I'm moving to california, it's the only state that makes good votes florida blows
Old 11-03-2004, 02:52 AM   #25
AzCivic

"So you're telling me that the electoral college is there as a safeguard against the popular vote? In case the popular vote elects a the "wrong" candidate, the electoral college will be there to hold the "real" election and prevent certain disaster?

You're subtlely changing the subject and avoiding the issue. "Because the majority thinks so" is not a legitimate reason nor an argument for anything.

Regardless of how intelligent I may (or may not) be, I do think for myself and form my own opinions. I'll take that over siding with the masses because that's what they think ANYDAY."

yes, that is one of the reasons the electoral college was founded.

and i'm not trying to change anything. infact I thought the general consensus across the nation was that bush has been doing a horrible job, and I kinda expected a landside victory for kerry.

thats nice, i DO make my own decisions as well. however its the masses who, for the most part, decide the fate of this nation so deal w/ it.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:55 AM   #26
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
oh correction...apparently nearly half of america don't trust him
thats it I'm moving to california, it's the only state that makes good votes florida blows

he's still got the majority of the popular vote doesnt he??

its funny how, most people despise california and the people who live there yet thats the biggest support for a democratic president.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:09 AM   #27
CD5Passion

originally posted by AzCivic [/i]

its funny how, most people despise california and the people who live there yet thats the biggest support for a democratic president.
[/quote]

...man..that has no point to what I have said...half of america thinks he's a fucktard....i think he is a fucktard....am I not American?.....answer me? as a citizen who votes and pays my taxes and enjoys freedom (well kind of), do I not embody the term America as a person?
now if Bush won with 100% votes you'd be correct on Bush not being a fucktard...but that case obviously isn't holding
Old 11-03-2004, 03:12 AM   #28
AzCivic

Quote:
originally posted by AzCivic [/i]

...man..that has no point to what I have said...half of america thinks he's a fucktard....i think he is a fucktard....am I not American?.....answer me? as a citizen who votes and pays my taxes and enjoys freedom (well kind of), do I not embody the term America as a person?
now if Bush won with 100% votes you'd be correct on Bush not being a fucktard...but that case obviously isn't holding
[/quote]

i dont even know how to respond to this ignorant ass post.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:23 AM   #29
AzCivic

i will say this, last election he lost the popular vote, now he's winning it. hmm, he must have done something right.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:26 AM   #30
CD5Passion

Quote:

i dont even know how to respond to this ignorant ass post.

ignorance that is not. ignorance would be saying "we belong in Iraq"...thats ignorance. and you not wanting to even fathom what my words are trying to say is far more ignorance than you'll ever realize. everything from you that I have read has boiled down to nothing more than "im right and you're wrong"
give me a good argument and I will read it with an open mind (you know...the opposite of ignorance)
in all honesty with nearly every post I've read from you just gives me more and more reasons to hate Bush, you my friend are the eptiome of ignorance
Old 11-03-2004, 03:30 AM   #31
CD5Passion

Quote:
i will say this, last election he lost the popular vote, now he's winning it. hmm, he must have done something right.

yeah its called propoganda. if anyone ever doubts what he's doing he holds 9/11 over their heads and makes them feel mad and sad at the same time. and it makes a lot of people hate arabs...not just the terrorists but those who have a different skin color and different way of life than us. I hear enough of this around everyday to hold this up as proof as well
Old 11-03-2004, 03:31 AM   #32
AzCivic

"ignorance that is not. ignorance would be saying "we belong in Iraq"...thats ignorance. and you not wanting to even fathom what my words are trying to say is far more ignorance than you'll ever realize. everything from you that I have read has boiled down to nothing more than "im right and you're wrong"
give me a good argument and I will read it with an open mind (you know...the opposite of ignorance)
in all honesty with nearly every post I've read from you just gives me more and more reasons to hate Bush, you my friend are the eptiome of ignorance
"

i'm writing my opinions just as you are. fuck, grow the hell up. ALL OF YOU!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:36 AM   #33
AzCivic

Quote:
yeah its called propoganda. if anyone ever doubts what he's doing he holds 9/11 over their heads and makes them feel mad and sad at the same time. and it makes a lot of people hate arabs...not just the terrorists but those who have a different skin color and different way of life than us. I hear enough of this around everyday to hold this up as proof as well

kerry is saying he can do better. well apparently not enough people think he can.

and if you think the president himself has somehow made the nation intolerable of those that are different, thats just sad. america has always been that way. get this, so has most of the middle east.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:33 AM   #34
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
kerry is saying he can do better. well apparently not enough people think he can.

and if you think the president himself has somehow made the nation intolerable of those that are different, thats just sad. america has always been that way. get this, so has most of the middle east.

In foreign relations Kerry couldn't have done much worse, really. Once again...the "people" are generally morons. But you're right, the president isn't the one who's made those of us dumb enough to listen to intolerance. That's the media's job. They show us pictures of things undertaken by small groups of individuals and make them seem like it's the sentiment in a given country. But Bush didn't help by producing fear as patriotism. He even faulted Kerry for fighting in Vietnam and then protesting against it. Man...I can only think of a few thousand soldiers who came back from Vietnam and protested it (after being spit on, of course). Politics is just a big sham. It's a joke and we're all the punchline. Better get used to it because we'll all be that same punchline for the rest of our lives.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 11-03-2004 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:49 AM   #35
CD5Passion

I had a great laugh this morning as I was watching the news and they did a segment on the impact that our election has on the world. france or italy took a vote on who should be president and it was kerry 63% , Bush 33%
and some even said that if Bush is reelected that they expect terrorism to rise
Old 11-03-2004, 10:31 AM   #36
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
france or italy took a vote on who should be president and it was kerry 63% , Bush 33%
and some even said that if Bush is reelected that they expect terrorism to rise

This coming from places that have beastly hairy women.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:46 AM   #37
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

kerry kept saying he would be fair and equal unlike the president, but if you look at his past he is the most liberal senator aside from kennedy. we have alot going on in america at this time and i feel kerry would have screwerd thiings up real bad trying to change too much to be "not bush". his whole campaing came down to im not bush, and well, looks like that wasnt good enough. im glad that the american people did pick bush, they were able to see past the anti-bush ads and actually decided not to like kerry. i was very against bush 6 months ago, however once i looked at the democrats attempt at a presidental candidate and read more into what he was about and who he was i couldnt in my right mind vote for him, even if it did mean voting for bush again.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #38
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

oh and as of 11am EST kerry has called bush hq and conceded, expect speaches at 1pm from kerry and 3pm from bush.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:02 AM   #39
AzCivic

i must say I'm surprised, i guess democrats are all bark and no bite. cause they sure were loud about hating bush, but they didnt seem to do much about it.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:09 AM   #40
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well.. gore had a reason to bitch in 00 he was up in the pop. vote and florida had a billion problems. kerry does not since the margine for certain states is unbeatable, and he's down 3%, or 3.6 million votes for the pop. vote. the margine is too big for the number of provisionary ballots out, so in all honesty kerry is being a man about it and admitting defeat. if he tried to drag this on and lost, that woujld be the second time in 2 elections the democrats have drawn out the election making it hard on the american people. i was hearing on the news(multipule stations, fox news, cnn and msnbc) about how nixon conceded to kennedy to spare the american people the drawn out election, and how ted kennedy more than likely let kerry know that and didnt want to taint their reputations beyond what they are now.