Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2003, 08:36 PM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

wha.... iraq tryingto...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ntv/index.html

read that, draw your own conclusions

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #2
Shot 2 Hel

i kinda think they should debate it would be interesting to see
Old 02-26-2003, 08:49 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmmmm, a debate shoud be interesting

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:12 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i REALLY want them to debate.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:57 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I don't think that they will ever have a debate.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:04 AM   #6
oc civic

i watched 60 minutes 2 last night, and i HONESTLY believe sadam is a million times more the politician bush is or ever will be.. i AM not saying hes not a bad person, im just saying that after seeing his interview that i realy DON'T believe he is the monster bush wants us to think he is, and i started to look at it from there point of view and formulated a few thoughts. they are fighting for ideals a lot of americans don't even understand. and as far as all his weapon advances... look at our weapon advances.. we ***** at him for having chemical bombs.. BUT its ok for us to have NUCLEAR bombs.. thats a bunch of bullshit..i would persoanly be equally pissed... he just seems WAY more reasonable than people think, or at least than the goverment wants us to think... he DID OPENLY challenge bush to a LIVE television debate, and bush pussed out i think that says a lot.... i hope if we survive the Bush administration (which is pretty UNLIKELY) we get someone more reasonable in office, BUT as the last election proved.. it really doesn't matter who the people vote for... our goverment is a BIG ****ing joke..
Old 02-27-2003, 09:38 AM   #7
firstgeardude

a debate would be interesting to see... but because bush is determined to go to war at all costs, this interview will never take place. i saw this interview last night.. Saddam claims that they werent defeated in the gulf war... interesting
Old 02-27-2003, 09:46 AM   #8
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by firstgeardude
a debate would be interesting to see... but because bush is determined to go to war at all costs, this interview will never take place. i saw this interview last night.. Saddam claims that they werent defeated in the gulf war... interesting

that is because by nature they are a SUPER PROUD nation... they THRIVE on pride dignity and respect (believe it or not) adn it is TOO hard for him to admit failure, BUT think about this.. america is becoming the aggresor, this is NOT good.. sadam really probably does NOT want war.. he KNOWS he will lose.. he HAS to know... last night he OPENLY admitted he has no interest in war, it is our thick headed president that is insistant on it, sadam says i will talk it out with you, for the world to see, but Bush says NO.. WHY.. cause he is thick headed, adn dead set on WAR not PEACE...
Old 02-27-2003, 10:20 AM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

and i quote anti-flag....

Quote:
10 easy steps to create an enemy and start a war:
Listen closely because we will all see this weapon used in our lives.
It can be used on a society of the most ignorant to the most highly educated.
We need to see their tactics as a weapon against humanity and not as truth.

First step: create the enemy. Sometimes this will be done for you.

Second step: be sure the enemy you have chosen is nothing like you.
Find obvious differences like race, language, religion, dietary habits
fashion. Emphasize that their soldiers are not doing a job,
they are heatless murderers who enjoy killing!

Third step: Once these differences are established continue to reinforce them
with all disseminated information.

Fourth step: Have the media broadcast only the ruling party's information
this can be done through state run media.
Remember, in times of conflict all for-profit media repeats the ruling party's information.
Therefore all for-profit media becomes state-run.

Fifth step: show this enemy in actions that seem strange, militant, or different.
Always portray the enemy as non-human, evil, a killing machine.

[Chorus:]
THIS IS HOW TO CREATE AN ENEMY. THIS IS HOW TO START A WAR.
THIS IS HOW TO CREATE AN ENEMY.

Sixth step: Eliminate opposition to the ruling party.
Create an "Us versus Them" mentality. Leave no room for opinions in between.
One that does not support all actions of the ruling party should be considered a traitor.

Seventh step: Use nationalistic and/or religious symbols and rhetoric to define all actions.
This can be achieved by slogans such as "freedom loving people versus those who hate freedom."
This can also be achieved by the use of flags.

Eighth step: Align all actions with the dominant deity.
It is very effective to use terms like, "It is god's will" or "god bless our nation."

Ninth step: Design propaganda to show that your soldiers
have feelings, hopes, families, and loved ones.
Make it cleat that your soldiers are doing a duty; they do not want or like to kill.

Tenth step: Create and atmosphere of fear, and instability
and then offer the ruling party as the only solutions to comfort the public's fears.
Remembering the fear of the unknown is always the strongest fear.

Old 02-27-2003, 10:45 AM   #10
blind34_1

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."--Hermann Goering, Hitler's designated successor, before being sentenced to death at the Nuremburg trials.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 10:50 AM   #11
ShagginJet

I don't think Bush's 28 word vocabulary would be a match for Sadam's 45 word vocabulary.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 10:53 AM   #12
AzCivic

Damn it didnt take americans long to forget about 9/11.

Wow you all think that how he was acting and talking on TV is really who he is. He just straight up lied and you all are like "Well he doesnt seem so bad, I kinda see where he's coming from" if you do then go the **** over there and let him be your ruler. If Saddam didnt want war then he would just do what he agreed to do. He is not allowed to have major weapons because he is not responsible, you never know what he's gonna do with them.

But hey he said he has no ties with Bin ladden and I guess since he's such a great trustworthy guy we should believe him, of course him supporting any other terrosism is just out of the question, right?

This interview was a joke, it was an attempt to get more retard americans on his side and have them protest and have more even go over there and be human shields.

Poor Sadam lets start a relief fund for Irag. Because a dumb band has the world figured out right?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 11:00 AM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."--Hermann Goering, Hitler's designated successor, before being sentenced to death at the Nuremburg trials.

wow...

Old 02-27-2003, 11:03 AM   #14
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic

Wow you all think that how he was acting and talking on TV is really who he is. He just straight up lied and you all are like "Well he doesnt seem so bad, I kinda see where he's coming from" if you do then go the **** over there and let him be your ruler. If Saddam didnt want war then he would just do what he agreed to do. He is not allowed to have major weapons because he is not responsible, you never know what he's gonna do with them.

But hey he said he has no ties with Bin ladden and I guess since he's such a great trustworthy guy we should believe him, of course him supporting any other terrosism is just out of the question, right?

This interview was a joke, it was an attempt to get more retard americans on his side and have them protest and have more even go over there and be human shields.

Poor Sadam lets start a relief fund for Irag. Because a dumb band has the world figured out right?

can i come over and look through all your personal stuff then expoilt it to the world? can i accuse you of anything i want? how about i threaten to kill you if you dont listen to every one of my demands. im not saying sadaam is a good person, dont even try to take it that way, but bush is turning into a dictator too. you are showed what he wants you to see, not the whole truth. go rent "wag the dog" might put things in perspective

and another thing, my "dumb band" i like does not support sadaam, they want truth and peace. i love how close minded some people can be. you think bush is thinking in 100% best interest of america. well guess what n. korea started their nuclear reactors back up, but that isnt important because its not sadaam. and the whole talk about n. korea breaking the UN missle treaty only happened because WE DID FIRST

Old 02-27-2003, 11:07 AM   #15
oc civic

Quote:

the fact that our countries oh so great leader woudl NOT agree to a debate says a lot.... forget about 911 HA that is absurd.. no one has forgoten btu i think that its important that we do not become alquida... we are NOT the police of the world.. it is NOT our job... iraq is NOT a military threat to us...

forget about 9-11... how soon you forget about oaklahoma city terrorism comes in MANY forms... Maybe we shoudl attack EVERY state that a serial killer has EVER come from.. do you think that is a GOOD solution?

im SIMPLY saying that he may or may not have ties to any of that, proof is on us sinse we are the aggressor.. he WANTED to have a debate.. bush pussed out.. NO SURPRISE there.. if this war IS just what was bush so afraid of..

EXACTLY..
Old 02-27-2003, 11:21 AM   #16
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
can i come over and look through all your personal stuff then expoilt it to the world? can i accuse you of anything i want? how about i threaten to kill you if you dont listen to every one of my demands. im not saying sadaam is a good person, dont even try to take it that way, but bush is turning into a dictator too. you are showed what he wants you to see, not the whole truth. go rent "wag the dog" might put things in perspective

and another thing, my "dumb band" i like does not support sadaam, they want truth and peace. i love how close minded some people can be. you think bush is thinking in 100% best interest of america. well guess what n. korea started their nuclear reactors back up, but that isnt important because its not sadaam. and the whole talk about n. korea breaking the UN missle treaty only happened because WE DID FIRST

Maybe if i rent Fast & Furious that'll put the street racing crap in perspective too.

How do you know N korea isnt important, are you talking with the president and military leaders? I didnt think so. If bush wanted to be a dictator he would go over there take out all those weak ass countries and take all control of all their Oil. I mean most people against the war are saying the only reason we want to fight is to get oil, right? Well did we take anyones oil after the Gulf war??? NO!!

Guess what war is a friggin fact of life, get out of you dream band world and realize that. There will never be total world peace while there are still F'd up people being born.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #17
oc civic

Quote:
Maybe if i rent Fast & Furious that'll put the street racing crap in perspective too.

How do you know N korea isnt important, are you talking with the president and military leaders? I didnt think so. If bush wanted to be a dictator he would go over there take out all those weak ass countries and take all control of all their Oil. I mean most people against the war are saying the only reason we want to fight is to get oil, right? Well did we take anyones oil after the Gulf war??? NO!!

Guess what war is a friggin fact of life, get out of you dream band world and realize that. There will never be total world peace while there are still F'd up people being born.

its ONLY a fact of life because we choose it to be... we have NO business in iraq.. if you SEROUSLY think they are a threat to us than you are an idiot.. they are no more a threat than any right wing militant group... they lack the ability to hit us with any long range weapon so ANY attack would be of a terrorist style.. bombings etc..
Old 02-27-2003, 11:28 AM   #18
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:

hi my name is i dont understand sarcasm. n.korea is creating nuclear wepons, while sadaam has 2 missles that MIGHT be out of UN distance spec. everything else he has(that we've seen) is legal. believe me, i dont want him in power as much as the next person.

and um.. we are going after the small countries that have oil instead of the more military threatening countries...

Old 02-27-2003, 11:28 AM   #19
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
the fact that our countries oh so great leader woudl NOT agree to a debate says a lot.... forget about 911 HA that is absurd.. no one has forgoten btu i think that its important that we do not become alquida... we are NOT the police of the world.. it is NOT our job... iraq is NOT a military threat to us...
forget about 9-11... how soon you forget about oaklahoma city terrorism comes in MANY forms... Maybe we shoudl attack EVERY state that a serial killer has EVER come from.. do you think that is a GOOD solution?
im SIMPLY saying that he may or may not have ties to any of that, proof is on us sinse we are the aggressor.. he WANTED to have a debate.. bush pussed out.. NO SURPRISE there.. if this war IS just what was bush so afraid of..

EXACTLY..

THERE NOTHING TO FRIGGIN DEBATE, SADDAM SCREWED UP! Its do what he agreed to do or be made to do what he agreed to do. They could debate for the next 40years and not come up with a solution.

Correction, we ARE the police of the world and so is everyone else in the UN.

Hmmm wasnt some ambassador from Japan "debating" with us right before the pearl harbor attack?
Old 02-27-2003, 11:33 AM   #20
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

what kind of music do you listen to? since mine is after peace and uinity, i cant wait to hear you say rap.

and while im thinking about it, the anthrax scare kills what 12 people? and just last week 22 people were stampeded dead in a club. every day people are shot on our streets over drugs and money, we had the ok bombing, sniper shootings, unibomber, countless serial killers, and poverty that have and will continue to kill more americans than sadaam even could dream of killing, you know the difference between them and him? he dosnt have the ability to kill americans like they do. he cant get missles over here, they can walk up to you and shoot you. no one will care cause they are american, but if someone from the mid-east did it, world war3 would start

Old 02-27-2003, 11:34 AM   #21
AzCivic

Quote:
hi my name is i dont understand sarcasm. n.korea is creating nuclear wepons, while sadaam has 2 missles that MIGHT be out of UN distance spec. everything else he has(that we've seen) is legal. believe me, i dont want him in power as much as the next person.

and um.. we are going after the small countries that have oil instead of the more military threatening countries...

Key words " what we've seen"

Like i said how do YOU know we arent taking care of crap with N korea??? Dealing with a country with Nuclear weapons is a little more complicated than dealing with one who doesnt or at least shouldnt.
I have a tad more info on it than you do.

Are we going after Iraq to take its OIL???????????????????????? Oh wait no we're not.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:34 AM   #22
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
THERE NOTHING TO FRIGGIN DEBATE, SADDAM SCREWED UP! Its do what he agreed to do or be made to do what he agreed to do. They could debate for the next 40years and not come up with a solution.

Hmmm wasnt some ambassador from Japan "debating" with us right before the pearl harbor attack?

hey, how did sadaam screw up? i know what he's done, but i wana see if you do. you sound like he nuked someone.. oh wait that was us in wwII. maybe it was him who napalmed villages, oh wait, didnt we do that in vietnam... what did sadaam do?

Old 02-27-2003, 11:35 AM   #23
oc civic

Quote:

maybe you should explain that to terrorist bush sinse he fails to understand that... he has said on more than ONE occasion that he would take action WIHTOUT UN support IF necisary.. just like how he won the election.. hell win the election with the vote of the people OR WITHOUT... he illustrated in complete fullness the absurdity of our goverment.. he might as well be a dictator since the people of america did NOT vote him there...
Old 02-27-2003, 11:38 AM   #24
AzCivic

Quote:
what kind of music do you listen to? since mine is after peace and uinity, i cant wait to hear you say rap.

and while im thinking about it, the anthrax scare kills what 12 people? and just last week 22 people were stampeded dead in a club. every day people are shot on our streets over drugs and money, we had the ok bombing, sniper shootings, unibomber, countless serial killers, and poverty that have and will continue to kill more americans than sadaam even could dream of killing, you know the difference between them and him? he dosnt have the ability to kill americans like they do. he cant get missles over here, they can walk up to you and shoot you. no one will care cause they are american, but if someone from the mid-east did it, world war3 would start

I listen to all kinds of music. From rock to rap to classical to christian. I guess you only listen to that one band?

Look crap is always going to happen and people area always going to die.

And why cant saddam get missles over here? He couldnt ship them here or make ones that can reach, for all we know he does have some that'll make it here, but he keeps moving and hiding all his crap we'll never know.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:38 AM   #25
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Key words " what we've seen"

Like i said how do YOU know we arent taking care of crap with N korea??? Dealing with a country with Nuclear weapons is a little more complicated than dealing with one who doesnt or at least shouldnt.
I have a tad more info on it than you do.

Are we going after Iraq to take its OIL???????????????????????? Oh wait no we're not.

i remeber reading on cnn.com or one of those sites a few days ago bush said that he wanted to take sadaam out of power and set up a new gov. he wanted to let the iraqi people set it up, as long as it was ok with him. sounds like a dictator to me

Old 02-27-2003, 11:43 AM   #26
AzCivic

Quote:
i remeber reading on cnn.com or one of those sites a few days ago bush said that he wanted to take sadaam out of power and set up a new gov. he wanted to let the iraqi people set it up, as long as it was ok with him. sounds like a dictator to me

If he was a dictator he would've already went over there killed them all and set up his own people to be thier government.

Look i'd really to argue awhile longer, but i have to go to work and you know help protect our country.

Peace.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:43 AM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
I listen to all kinds of music. From rock to rap to classical to christian. I guess you only listen to that one band?

Look crap is always going to happen and people area always going to die.

And why cant saddam get missles over here? He couldnt ship them here or make ones that can reach, for all we know he does have some that'll make it here, but he keeps moving and hiding all his crap we'll never know.

i listen to alot of music, but i like music with a message. the message in my music is not anarchy or abolish the government, the way your making it out to be, its identifying a problem and asking for a change

answer me this, what gives us the right to have missles and not sadaam?

Old 02-27-2003, 11:44 AM   #28
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
If he was a dictator he would've already went over there killed them all and set up his own people to be thier government.

Look i'd really to argue awhile longer, but i have to go to work and you know help protect our country.

Peace.

he cant just go in or the UN will attack us. the truth is, bush is donig all this on a hunch. he has no proof that justifys war

Old 02-27-2003, 11:48 AM   #29
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

bush=tool

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #30
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
bush=tool

its more like

american public=tool
bush=dictator

and i know Az wont agree to this, but heres a little bit a senator said about bushes war plans

http://www.rense.com/general30/unconst.htm

Old 02-27-2003, 12:37 PM   #31
oc civic

Quote:

And why cant saddam get missles over here? He couldnt ship them here

i highly doubt UPS will ship nuclear bombs for him.. lol

wonder what the shipping would be on a nuclear bomb...
Old 02-27-2003, 12:40 PM   #32
oc civic

Quote:
but i have to go to work and you know help protect our country.

Peace.

you are one of those that explains your complex...
Old 02-27-2003, 04:55 PM   #33
mt.biker

If they got close enough to Saddam for an interview they should shoot him!
Old 02-27-2003, 04:57 PM   #34
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

[sarcasm]wow thats a GREAT additude to have.... that would sure solve all the worlds problems..[/sarcasm]
Old 02-27-2003, 04:58 PM   #35
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

It probably wasnt even Saddam, just one of his many look alikes.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:02 PM   #36
AzCivic

Quote:
you are one of those that explains your complex...

MY complex! whats yours?
Old 02-27-2003, 05:10 PM   #37
oc civic

i just find it stressful that EVERYONE thinks violence is the answer.. we did violence the first time (in 91).. people died.. so now we are gonna do it again?? wow it shore worked well the first time.. i just think that if the world does not evolve soon we are ALL going to die.. war is getting VERY old.. it LACKS point.. come on people we have been having wars for how long now? and there is STILL conflict strife agony.. there needs to be a DIFFERENT course of action taken soon.. a more diplomatic course.. a course to avoid slaughter.. we attack him we piss people off.. things cool down and then we get hit with terrorism again.. we need to start MENDING things.. we can't solve EVERY PROBLEM with a bullet or grenade.. it will NEVER stop.. lets just say that Iraq funded al quida.. there was a reason they have such hatred for us.. does ANYONE besides me think that its advantageous to find out why there is so much hate and DEAL with it.. instead of fighting more.. killing will JUST create a never ending cycle
Old 02-27-2003, 05:11 PM   #38
AzCivic

Quote:
hey, how did sadaam screw up? i know what he's done, but i wana see if you do. you sound like he nuked someone.. oh wait that was us in wwII. maybe it was him who napalmed villages, oh wait, didnt we do that in vietnam... what did sadaam do?

well lets see he attacked Kuwait after he said he wouldnt, then he put civilians in his bases in an attempt to keep from being attacked. So we(the UN) went in their and helped out Kuwait and as an agreement for a cease fire Saddam agreed to disarm his military and allow inspectors to see EVERYTHING. Which he hasnt done.

OH and did you know smart guy that we get most of our oil from venezuela???
Old 02-27-2003, 05:17 PM   #39
AzCivic

Quote:
i just find it stressful that EVERYONE thinks violence is the answer.. we did violence the first time (in 91).. people died.. so now we are gonna do it again?? wow it shore worked well the first time.. i just think that if the world does not evolve soon we are ALL going to die.. war is getting VERY old.. it LACKS point.. come on people we have been having wars for how long now? and there is STILL conflict strife agony.. there needs to be a DIFFERENT course of action taken soon.. a more diplomatic course.. a course to avoid slaughter.. we attack him we piss people off.. things cool down and then we get hit with terrorism again.. we need to start MENDING things.. we can't solve EVERY PROBLEM with a bullet or grenade.. it will NEVER stop.. lets just say that Iraq funded al quida.. there was a reason they have such hatred for us.. does ANYONE besides me think that its advantageous to find out why there is so much hate and DEAL with it.. instead of fighting more.. killing will JUST create a never ending cycle

well until you or someone else figures it out there will still be war there always has and perhaps always will.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:29 PM   #40
AzCivic

Furthermore a couple of countries that do get most of their oil from Irag: France, and Germany.

Who doesnt want to attack Iraq??? thats right France and Germany.