::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2003, 06:09 PM   #1
HondaTypeJ

I lost :-( Not by much, but I lost...

I was up in northern cali this weekend and I was driving home late last night when I saw this Civic hatchback fly by me real quick. It was late and there was no traffic on this highway so I said why not...I raced up to him and we both gave each other a look and then we punched it. I started out very strong and I thought that the race was over...that I won, but then he started to gain. I was in 5th already and flooring it and he kept gaining...inch by inch until he was ahead. about 1 car length ahead. We kept at it for about a mile with no change in his distance in front of me. We both slowed down, I rolled my window down and I asked him what he had...it was pretty loud outside (being on the highway and all) but I heard him say B16...maybe something else...He had an exhaust (pretty loud), and that is all I was beknown to. He may have said something else but all I HEARD was B16. WTF? I thought my car would have beat his...I am thinking it was like a 1997 or 1998. 1995 GSR vs. 97 or 98 Civic hatch...He won. Ohh well, I took it all in good fun. My exit came up and I gave him the thumbs up and proceeded home...What do you guys think...I should have won, no?
Old 04-06-2003, 08:23 PM   #2
silver

you state that you two were at top speed and not pulling on each other, what were your rpms? b18c1 and b16a2(i would assume) are not that different. 10hp or so and a little tq. take into weight and aerodynamics at those speeds along with suspension and all the other parts of a car that don't have anything to do with the motor and you would probably learn why he beat you.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 10:02 PM   #3
keystone

I think that the civic is a bit lighter.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:04 AM   #4
ShEaNy

maybe he was spraying? maybe more engine mods..who knows....good try
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 05:31 AM   #5
HondaTypeJ

Hmmm, maybe. I dont know, I think he may have been spraying because I started strong and had a very good lead for a while...he had no gain and then bam....there he was.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:59 AM   #6
CD5Passion

I would think you would've won, but yeah the hatchback is lighter but I dont think that would affect his top speed that much to pull ahead, I'm saying either he hadn't had it floored (all the way at least) or he sprayed, the second idea seems more reasonable though
Old 04-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #7
Civickid0to60

sprayed defintely, because i have been in a 98 hatch that had a b16a in it, and we raced my friends GSR and he blew us away. Nice try though.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:25 PM   #8
SilverCiv

Every time I'm on the highway and want to floor it, I wuss OUT
Old 04-21-2003, 12:37 PM   #9
johnriley
2nd Gear

or maybe he was just a better driver!
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:25 PM   #10
firstgeardude

nice try... how fast did you guys end up goin?