.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2005, 12:36 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Please...don't use lube

So I've been having some trouble with software lately and I feel like I'm getting bent over and done dry. My camera is one of those ones that does 300 different things. MP3 player, full motion video, voice recorder, etc. Well...it's supposed to be a PC cam as well and it used to work just fine. However, since I've reformatted my HDD, it doesn't work. My comp identifies that a USB device is present and even names my camera and it'll let me transfer pics...but when I try to use it as a PC cam I get some homo-ass message telling me to insert my Windows XP SP2 disc. What the fuck? I don't have the disc since the software is OEM and even if I did, I downloaded SP2 as a patch. Fucks! So I start making phone calls and of course everyone tells me to contact the other company (the software makers whose stuff was bundled with it, camera company, etc.). Eventually I get some guy at the company who made the camera telling me I'm probably shit out of luck without the SP2 disc. Thanks, cock gobblins. Way to make a good product. What I don't get is why it worked just fine before the reformat and not now. Everything's set up the same. I know the software is installed correctly. Any ideas?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:08 PM   #2
blind34_1

sounds like it's looking for a driver or component that isn't installed normally with windows. odd, but try these things:

find the model number and brand name of the camera, and google it. Try to find specific drivers for that model. I've had devices that Windows will give a name to, but doesn't understand how to communicate with it.

Try inserting that oem disc to see if it finds what it is looking for. probably not, but worth a shot.

If it gives you any sort of a browsing window when it asks for that disc, see if it will list what file it is looking for. This way, you could google the filename and find it that way, without a windows disc.

If all else fails, I've been meaning to post my WinXP disc image (with sp2 slipstreamed) on my website. Everyone should have a copy of windows lying around. As long as you use YOUR key it IS legal.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
nonovurbizniz

I'm pretty sure you can get a SP2 disk from MS for next to nothing if not nothing...

Not positive though... If you do need a sp2 disk I MIGHT be able to get you a burnable image but I'm not sure.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
drdingo21

Then its installing the wrong drivers. What kind of camera is it?
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:21 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

It's a Mustek DV4000. I know, I know...it's not top shelf, but it works well enough. I've looked at their site for any software updates and whatnot, but I can't figure out what the hell I need if anything.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 05-28-2005, 12:30 AM   #6
blind34_1

haha, yeah my girlfriends mom got suckered into buying a mustek camera. Good idea, but poorly engineered. I don't recall what model it is though, but the pic on their site looks like the same camera. funny.

The camera does come with its own install disk, that has everything you need. I remember not having to download any additional programs.

Looks like the driver you need is here:
http://mustekmu.brinkster.net/Downlo...-XP_16LV11.EXE

the software that they include on the disc i think includes a utility for using the camera as a webcam. I would just try installing everything that the disc recommends, then seeing what happens.

I know this doesn't help the "homo ass message" but its a start.

If you dont have that disc, I'm sure I could image the disc I have and post it somewhere. I'm 99% sure your camera is the same one my gf's mom has.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:25 AM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I still have the original discs and I've tried installing and reinstalling their bullshit multiple times. I did receive an email response from the software maker that basically said that their software could not be used in that manner and blah blah blah. Funny...since it's packaged with the camera and the instructions say to use that software for the PC cam function. I'll try dl'ing that driver when I get back to school.

I know Musteks sort of miss the mark, but I figured I didn't need anything high end (I have a "real" film camera for that) and I figured it was kind of cool that it worked as an MP3 player and shot full motion video. Besides...for $150...I figured I wasn't looking at pro quality stuff.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

UPDATE: Ok...so I've isolated the file it says I need. It's iyuv_32.dll, apparently. So I downloaded the file...still nothing. Apparently my comp wants to look for the file in C:Windows/temp/windowsxp/i386. Fair enough. Problem is that under C:Windows/temp/windowsxp the IS no i386 folder. I figured I could just copy and paste the .dll file. No good. Then I said fuck it and actually created a new i386 folder in that location and copied the file there. Still no luck. So what the hell? It tells me exactly where it's looking, but won't recognize the file when it's there. Horseshit.