Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2002, 11:02 AM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Fix-It ticket for 'tezzas?!

Ok Im at school last night and pulling out onto the main road when a local cop pulls me over and tells me that my tails are illegal.
1) they have dot approved stamped into the lens
2) There are lots of people that have them around the campus
3) its the same cop that has seen me with them before and said nothing (he was behind me 3X before)
4) Mustang w/ CLEARS & RED BULBS was next to me at the light!

So I have to change the damn things...wtf

Oh and he said he could ticket me for the angel eyes too..."Not OE" he says. "But I'll let you off easy" ???

What an ass...

This happens the day after I hear a report on cops pulling over people for no reasons except to meet a 3 pullover/day quota in the metro detroit area. F*CKERS

anyone got some Si tails they want to sell and trade me for my 'tezzas? Im not putting my stock tails w/ orange on again. I have until the 15th of January to change them...which is a hell of a long time.

Im clearing my stock heads today too...just in case he wants to be a dick again.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 11:32 AM   #2
oc civic

*im biting my tongue SO hard right now... *

lol

GOOD COP, HERES A BISCUIT
Old 12-12-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
pdiggitydogg

ok yeah I expected that from you...but what about the mustang with the clears and red bulbs? he could have gotten him before me...its totally illegal
Old 12-12-2002, 11:45 AM   #4
pdiggitydogg

woa...freaky...I JUST got a phone call from the auburn hills police (where I was at the time). It was "the sarg". He wanted to let me know that the ticket has been dropped because they are dot approved.
Its so weird that I post this and less than an hour later they call and say its dropped.
He also wanted to "appologize for officer Marcus" for pulling me over for somethat that they tell all officers are legal and its in fact the CLEAR ONES that they are to pull over. I feel sorry for the mustang now!...no I dont.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:37 PM   #5
iRACEmyCTR

Hey remember that cop from True Life: I'm a Street Racer??? OMG what a hand job.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:01 PM   #6
oc civic

IF your lights ARE DOT approved they SHOULD carry a DOT approval number... EVEN my nitrous bottle has one.. if it doesn't than its not...
Old 12-12-2002, 07:29 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg

the number is on the card that i carry in the top my armrest. Unfortunately at the time I had forgot that it was in there and just remembered that it says DOT on the the lens.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:31 PM   #8
drdingo21

If it wouldn't have been dropped you could have said so then the lexus and the new toyotas are illegal?
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 05:06 PM   #9
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
If it wouldn't have been dropped you could have said so then the lexus and the new toyotas are illegal?

the lights on production cars are DOT approved and carry a DOT approval number.. MOST after market crap lighting has NO dot number so the argument is lame..
Old 12-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #10
SofaKingSmooth

pdiggitydogg,
are you from CA? they are just asses like that there...
Old 12-14-2002, 05:47 PM   #11
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
the lights on production cars are DOT approved and carry a DOT approval number.. MOST after market crap lighting has NO dot number so the argument is lame..
The areugment is not lame. did you read any of the post before mine? He said he has a DOT approved card, and the lights have a DOT approved number on them. hmmm looks like i have a point eh? read all the post next time
Old 12-14-2002, 07:46 PM   #12
pdiggitydogg

Im in michigan

I got puuled over again on friday! Different guy but im not gonna deal with it again. Im getting Si lights and calling it quits. right now im in no mood for any sh*t so Im just gonna shell out $100 and get em from eGay.

Oh and they're TYC lights so it does come with a card. its in the car and im not gonna go through the glove box to find it just to post the number for proof. if you dont believe me, fine, i dont give a f*ck

(sorry im really pissed right now)
Old 12-15-2002, 10:55 AM   #13
oc civic

Quote:
The areugment is not lame. did you read any of the post before mine? He said he has a DOT approved card, and the lights have a DOT approved number on them. hmmm looks like i have a point eh? read all the post next time

they are a SMALL fraction of the whole mass.. in fact that is there selling point.. they ARE one of the few that are DOT approved..

and lets face it whats the point
They are NOT differant anymore
EVERYONE has them... hell im surprised they are not stock yet.. lol
they draw unneeded attention...

they are (a lot of times) poorly made..
so whats the point..none that i can see
Old 12-15-2002, 11:06 AM   #14
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
Im in michigan

I got puuled over again on friday! Different guy but im not gonna deal with it again. Im getting Si lights and calling it quits. right now im in no mood for any sh*t so Im just gonna shell out $100 and get em from eGay.

Oh and they're TYC lights so it does come with a card. its in the car and im not gonna go through the glove box to find it just to post the number for proof. if you dont believe me, fine, i dont give a f*ck

(sorry im really pissed right now)

i believe they have a DOT number.. in fact i KNOW they do.. they are one of the ONLY aftermarket lighting companies that do.. in FACT they were able to get the approval so easily because they do (or use to) make oem replacement stuff... they are a company otu of korea,.. they made some BAD shit once and got sued. i don't know if after that they had to stop making oem replacement shit or not.. but yeah thats that ONE company
Old 12-15-2002, 03:23 PM   #15
oc civic

Quote:

by the way.. TAKE some of your own advice and re read my statement.. if you need to maybe get a friend to help you read it.. i CLEARY say

"MOST after market crap lighting has NO dot number so the argument is lame.. "
Old 12-15-2002, 09:22 PM   #16
drdingo21

Quote:
by the way.. TAKE some of your own advice and re read my statement.. if you need to maybe get a friend to help you read it.. i CLEARY say

"MOST after market crap lighting has NO dot number so the argument is lame.. "
I did read it you jack ass. I wasn't talking about MOST of the tezzas i was talking about his...maybe you need a freind...
Old 12-15-2002, 09:29 PM   #17
pdiggitydogg

no arguing sh*t on my post...damn it seems like everyone is at each others throats lately...its the holidays dammit, so knock it off Use some of that "Peace on Earth and good will towards men" stuff

OK?!
Old 12-15-2002, 11:06 PM   #18
oc civic

Quote:
I did read it you jack ass. I wasn't talking about MOST of the tezzas i was talking about his...maybe you need a freind...

well if you read it you OBVIOUSLY didn't understand it.. i was makign a statement about MOST of something.. not ALL and i CLEARLY stated that.. enough said..

you know there is NO valid reason why at this time there should be light up LED exhaust tips.. neon washer nozles .. or some hoaky half ass attempt to recreate toyota altezza tail light assemblyon a honda civic.. we as "tuners" should be WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY PPPPPPAAAAAASSSSSSTTTT that.. we should move on to somethign SLIGHTLY original.. and befor you bash me saying oh he just hates on "show cars" well NO i don't.. i hate on LAME quality, LACK of creativity adn originality, and things like that,..... ive seen some AMAZING show cars in my time of going to shows 3 had altezza tail lights.. adn all three were IS300's......

JUST A LITTLE ORIGINALITY IS ALL I ASK...
Old 12-16-2002, 12:26 PM   #19
nonovurbizniz

the argument was lame because it was supposing that the ticket did not get dropped and that he did NOT have a dot number.

the argument

Quote:

is a flawed argument because the fact that two sets of light LOOK identical does not affect there legality... dot approval does. as the toyota/lexus lights are on a production car they are OBVIOUSLY dot approved. where as if you CHANGE your lights to one's that LOOK like the dot approved ones it does not matter until the "Department Of Transportation" approves the EXACT lights that you have.

without a dot number lights that look EXACTLY like altezzas would be ILLEGAL. ( I understand that his do but your argument planned on using the fact that some production cars have similar LOOKING tailights... this just does not matter. The individual light model and manufacturer must be DOT approved Period.)
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 12:42 PM   #20
drdingo21

OK, Both of you. I said HE could argue that. Because he has a DOT number. I don't give a shit about everyone else, and then oc civic comes in saying the arugment is lame..when its true and there is nothing wrong with it, thats all i said.

nonovurbizniz when did i say anyone else could use that arugment?
Quote:
It says you meaning him. Not everyone else. you two assumed i was talking about everyone else. His lights are DOT approved thats what made the arugment. Then you two bust in talking shit....
Old 12-16-2002, 01:05 PM   #21
nonovurbizniz

Ok there angry guy.....

I was just pointing out that your original arguement was flawed...

I'm not trying to be a dick or argue...

You said... "you could have said so then lexus and new toyotas are illegal?"

Well unless he has toyotal stock taillights that he made fit his car then NO he can not use that argument. because the toyota/lexus tailights have THERE OWN dot approval number.

His taillights HAPPEN to have a DIFFERENT DOT number.

so there is no relationship between lexus/toyata light legality and whatever company lights that he has.

your arguement was flawed. theres nothing wrong with admitting your wrong.

And ps.... the original poster of this question said no arguing.. not me or occivic....

And I wasn't trying to argue I was mereley pointing out THE GIGANTIC FLAW in your argument.

If you said my lights look like some that are legal a judge would laugh at you... if you don't have the dot number for YOUR lights that's it they're illegal regardless of what they look like or are trying to imatate.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:44 PM   #22
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
so there is no relationship between lexus/toyata light legality and whatever company lights that he has.

your arguement was flawed. theres nothing wrong with admitting your wrong.

yup that pretty much sums it up....
Old 12-16-2002, 03:17 PM   #23
drdingo21

How can either one of you say you were not looking for an arugmenet? If you were not then why would you post anything? I am not wrong. And im not angry, however it pisses me off that you both posted just to point out something that i said and then tell me not to aruge. So you were looking for the arugment not me.

Altezzas look alike do they not? They all have a clear housing and have a circle in them that has a red sheild, correct? Them being clear and haveing another light housing inside them is what makes them an altezza, they are all the same no matter how you look at. Some are DOT approved and some aren't The lexus and the toyotas are, and so is his. I compared them to the lexus and the toyota because chances are the judge isn't gonna even know what an atezza is, but if you say they are the lights that are on the Lexus or the toyota then he will probly know what your talking about.

So then how come toyota and lexus can have altezas and people with aftermarket lights cannot? That was the arugment. His lights are DOT approved as is the lexus and toyotas. I don't care what you say or even what you think. Thats all there is to it. If you don't wanna aruge then shut up.

Last edited by drdingo21 : 12-16-2002 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:29 PM   #24
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
How can either one of you say you were not looking for an arugmenet? If you were not then why would you post anything? I am not wrong. And im not angry, however it pisses me off that you both posted just to point out something that i said and then tell me not to aruge. So you were looking for the arugment not me.

I can say I'm not looking for an arguement because I am a third party totally unbiased and am trying to CLARIFY a point made by someone about your totally retarded suggestion.

Quote:
Altezzas look alike do they not? They all have a clear housing and have a circle in them that has a red sheild, correct? Them being clear and haveing another light housing inside them is what makes them an altezza, they are all the same no matter how you look at. Some are DOT approved and some aren't The lexus and the toyotas are, and so is his. I compared them to the lexus and the toyota because chances are the judge isn't gonna even know what an atezza is, but if you say they are the lights that are on the Lexus or the toyota then he will probly know what your talking about.

The judge will ask you if you have proof that YOUR tailights are dot approved. that's it. would you like to know why?

It's because APPERANCE DOES NOT AFFECT LEGALITY... DOT APPROVAL NUMBERS DO.

Quote:
So then how come toyota and lexus can have altezas and people with aftermarket lights cannot?

Because Toyata/lexus (or their contractor) submitted lights to the Department Of Transportation so they could evaluate and approve the lights...upon approval they ISSUE A DOT APPROVAL NUMBER THERE BY RENDERING THOSE AND ONLY THOSE LIGHTS LEGAL... If toyota/lexus puts IDENTICAL STYLE lights on a different model car they must get a NEW DOT NUMBER for that NEW product.

Your argument is the equivalent of me trying to build my own fastfood store without zoning or permits then asking the judge "Why is Mc Donalds allowed to do it"
to this any judge in america would say:

"BECAUSE THEY WENT THROUGH THE PROPER LEGAL CHANNELS YOU DUMB DUMB KID. Now show me zoning permits or get the **** out of my court room"

Quote:
That was the arugment. His lights are DOT approved as is the lexus and toyotas. I don't care what you say or even what you think. Thats all there is to it. If you don't wanna aruge then shut up.

I have no problem arguing with you because I'm right.

Are you simple? seriously. dot approval is what dictates legality NOT apperance. your lights can look dot approved all they want a judge in a court will ask for 1 thing and 1 thing only. a dot approval number.

If your lights do have one they are legal...

IF YOUR LIGHTS DO NOT HAVE ONE THEY ARE ILLEGAL.

it doesn't matter what they look like that's why your original arguement was wrong.

Grow up and start taking responsibility for your posts. If you say something dumb just own up to it and move on.
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 10:23 PM   #25
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
I can say I'm not looking for an arguement because I am a third party totally unbiased and am trying to CLARIFY a point made by someone about your totally retarded suggestion.

The judge will ask you if you have proof that YOUR tailights are dot approved. that's it. would you like to know why?

It's because APPERANCE DOES NOT AFFECT LEGALITY... DOT APPROVAL NUMBERS DO.

Because Toyata/lexus (or their contractor) submitted lights to the Department Of Transportation so they could evaluate and approve the lights...upon approval they ISSUE A DOT APPROVAL NUMBER THERE BY RENDERING THOSE AND ONLY THOSE LIGHTS LEGAL... If toyota/lexus puts IDENTICAL STYLE lights on a different model car they must get a NEW DOT NUMBER for that NEW product.

Your argument is the equivalent of me trying to build my own fastfood store without zoning or permits then asking the judge "Why is Mc Donalds allowed to do it"
to this any judge in america would say:

"BECAUSE THEY WENT THROUGH THE PROPER LEGAL CHANNELS YOU DUMB DUMB KID. Now show me zoning permits or get the **** out of my court room"

I have no problem arguing with you because I'm right.

Are you simple? seriously. dot approval is what dictates legality NOT apperance. your lights can look dot approved all they want a judge in a court will ask for 1 thing and 1 thing only. a dot approval number.

If your lights do have one they are legal...

IF YOUR LIGHTS DO NOT HAVE ONE THEY ARE ILLEGAL.

it doesn't matter what they look like that's why your original arguement was wrong.

Grow up and start taking responsibility for your posts. If you say something dumb just own up to it and move on.
Well your a ****ing moron, and im done aruging with your dumb ass. You honestly are one of the dumbest people i have ever talked to in my life. I said they are DOT approved they are leagal. THats all there is too so shut the hell up. And stop crying about stupid shit. You wanna aruge about day it is with me too? what are you 12, or the kinda person that when some one says a time thats even 1 minute off you correct them?

*edit* after reading the stupid shit that you posted again i don't think you get it. An altezza is an altezza. Lets say they are Both DOT approved, which they are. Then why would lexus be allowed to use them but not people with aftermarket lights?

And don't start with ths simple shit you jackass. You don't even understand my arugment your just a dumb shit that decided to come in here and voice your opnion when no one ever cares to hear it. So shut the **** up

Quote:
jesus christ. altezzas look alike and HIS are DOT approved. That was the arugment you dense pice of shit.

Last edited by drdingo21 : 12-16-2002 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:32 PM   #26
pdiggitydogg

SHUT THE F*CK UP

DAMMIT
Old 12-16-2002, 11:16 PM   #27
oc civic

altezzas suck... WHY ??? cause i said so.. end of story... lets move on now..
Old 12-16-2002, 11:25 PM   #28
drdingo21

Quote:
altezzas suck... WHY ??? cause i said so.. end of story... lets move on now..
I don't like them either... but there are people that do...(weirdos)
Old 12-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #29
oc civic

Quote:
I don't like them either... but there are people that do...(weirdos)

HHHHHAAAAA im SERIOUSLY LMFAO
Old 12-16-2002, 11:32 PM   #30
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

read my sig....

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:36 PM   #31
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
read my sig....

im not a women or bisexaul man so im sorry.. i just can't help you..
Old 12-16-2002, 11:37 PM   #32
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
im not a women or bisexaul man so im sorry.. i just can't help you..

I meant about the baby sitter part smart ass....keep it up.........

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:40 PM   #33
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
I meant about the baby sitter part smart ass....keep it up.........

oh relax i bring life in to this place.. if you can't handle it cause i call it liek i see it.. BAN me.. i won't lose any sleep..
Old 12-17-2002, 12:33 AM   #34
drdingo21

Quote:
oh relax i bring life in to this place.. if you can't handle it cause i call it liek i see it.. BAN me.. i won't lose any sleep..
chill out man i think he was just kidding