Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2004, 01:55 PM   #1
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Enclosure Question

Question?...I have 2 MTX 12s with an MTX Amp (900watts@2ohms)...The 12s are in an MTX sealed box...yet the speakers are not independantly sealed...there is no seperator between the speakers in the box...They sound very well, but I was told by a buddy of mine that if I put them in a bandpass box, they will hit harder in my car ('04 Mazda 3 5door) he says that the bandpass will use theair in the cabin and pump harder...He seems to know what he is talking about..he use to be an installer at Circuit city...but for some reason they fired him..irronic!

If anyone can give the 411 on the whole box thing it would be great...I have seen a few boxes on ebay and around town at audio shops, if anyone has any links for boxes let me know!
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:23 PM   #2
AkimboStylee

yes and no

do you like the qaulity of the sound now?

if so do not goto a bandpass box, it will give you more thump, but it will sound like crap!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
yes and no

do you like the qaulity of the sound now?

if so do not goto a bandpass box, it will give you more thump, but it will sound like crap!

Quality is fair...I know that since I haven't replaced the headunit (Yet) the signal from my stock unit is not as constant or accurate than any other aftermarket unit. I guess I have to maybe borrow a box from someone just to see if it works before going out and buying one...
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:22 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I hate bandpass', the only reason you'd go with one of those if you want more "noise" in your car.. You'll lose a lot a musicality.
With your hatch, you should already be getting good SPL..

Usually, its better to have divided chambers, but if you're satisfied with the quality of the sound, then its fine..

Take note that MTX subs arent exactly the cleanest sounding, so thats another thing to keep in mind.. Depending what type of music you listen to and what type of sound you're going for!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote