.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2002, 04:00 PM   #1
Honda_Gurl

frustrated with guys who think girls can't drive!

all-right girls, here's what's going on. as some of you might know, i'm in the process of saving up for air cylinders. well this one guy that my bf knows does installation of cylinders, airbags, and all that sort of stuff. well i asked my bf to talk to the guy for me (since he knows him) and find out what kinda price he could get them done for me. well he said that he could get me a really good brand, semi-good brand, or cheapie brand. he said that SINCE GIRLS DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE OR TAKE CARE OF THEIR CAR that i should go for the semi-good one so i don't go breaking something with the cheap stuff, and why bother getting the really good brand...(i'm assuming since i won't know the difference)... i dunno, this just really aggrevated me that guys say stupid things like that. it just makes me feel really dumb being out with the guys wondering what they really think of me. do u girls deal with stuff like this too?? sorry, i just had to vent, and figured in the girls forum, u girls would understand me better than the boys
Old 05-09-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
LudeBitch

I so understand where you're coming from. Not a lot of girls around here are into modding out cars and stuff like that, so when I tell a guy I'm into that type of thing he's like, there's no way that YOU could do stuff like that. It really pisses me off. Then, one of my guy friends always criticized how I drive. He was the only one that ever did. It really pisses me off when a guy says that girls can't drive. Half the time, it's the other way around, but I'm not going to go into that. That's a whole other discussion.
Old 05-10-2002, 06:47 AM   #3
toykilla

what the hell does air bags have to do with driving anyways?? people that want speed wouldnt do that...he should be smart enough to know that even if you dont know how to drive, it doesnt matter. im not saying you dont...
Old 05-10-2002, 08:28 AM   #4
DJZVTEC02

man ill tell you what, there are some girls out there who cannot drive, and i have met a few that can drive really well, and piss on most guys. And i even know some girls who even mod thier own rides, and work on them too. So its just racist to say that to a girl
Old 05-10-2002, 09:01 AM   #5
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
what the hell does air bags have to do with driving anyways?? people that want speed wouldnt do that...he should be smart enough to know that even if you dont know how to drive, it doesnt matter. im not saying you dont...

well actually it does matter. he didn't mean like i can't drive speed wise...more like being careful. potholes, driving hard. when you have cylinders (by the way they're not bags), you have to drive carefully so as not to bust one of them and break it, and then have to replace it. that's what he meant. basically saying, that i'm not gonna drive carefully and end up breaking them all...
Old 05-10-2002, 01:20 PM   #6
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
ok this is gonna sound dumb but wtf are these "cylinders" you referr to

have u heard of air bags for trucks?? kinda the same thing...it's hard to explain, but here's a link to kinda explain the process...

http://www.draggersdigest.com/tech/tech.html

and some pics of what it'd look like:

side to side

all the way up

on the floor

i hope that kinda explains what it is...
Old 05-10-2002, 06:02 PM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

wtf....ugh that pisses me off and no one even said it to me. I'm sorry girl that you have to put up with boneheads like that. You should have kicked him in the head! To tell ya the truth though, I've never really had to deal with guys like that. Everyone that my girls and I know that know we are into cars and modding and going to shows and what not think it's cool as hell we are into it. I've never heard a guy complain about the way we drive, what we do to our cars...whatever....and they are always willing to help us out and help us make decisions of what to do next to our cars. Sorry you had to deal with that.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 12:05 PM   #8
Jen

I'm in the same boat with DsBlu01CivEX. All the guys that I hang out with help me out with what to do and think it's awesome that I can race with them. I just hate it though when I pull up next to some guy at a light and he just looks at me like "Oh, this is gonna be easy to beat...she's just a girl." But the look on their face when they finally catch up to me is PRICELESS.

And almost every mod I've done to my car...I have installed it myself. So, there are girls like us out there, I think the guys are just scared that a girl can do something with heavy machinery as good or even better than they can. They're in denial. Anyways, good luck with the bags. You'll have to keep up posted.
Old 05-13-2002, 01:56 AM   #9
mylittlecivic

alota guys can't drive either

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:51 PM   #10
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
alota guys can't drive either

Old 05-14-2002, 10:21 PM   #11
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl

well actually it does matter. he didn't mean like i can't drive speed wise...more like being careful. potholes, driving hard. when you have cylinders (by the way they're not bags), you have to drive carefully so as not to bust one of them and break it, and then have to replace it. that's what he meant. basically saying, that i'm not gonna drive carefully and end up breaking them all...

if you cant drive normally then why get them?? they seem like a waste of money to me...stuff like that is meant for an impala or something.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:23 PM   #12
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen
I'm in the same boat with DsBlu01CivEX. All the guys that I hang out with help me out with what to do and think it's awesome that I can race with them. I just hate it though when I pull up next to some guy at a light and he just looks at me like "Oh, this is gonna be easy to beat...she's just a girl." But the look on their face when they finally catch up to me is PRICELESS.

hehe, why look at the driver?? i look at the car im racing and thinking this is gonna be easy. doenst really matter if its a girl or guy, the car tells me the outcome.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:45 AM   #13
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

if you cant drive normally then why get them?? they seem like a waste of money to me...stuff like that is meant for an impala or something.

you can drive normally..well as normal as you can drive if your car was lowered...cause the ride is basically the same thing as that. as far as it being a waste of money, hey everyone's allowed their opinion, and i understand a lot of people don't like em. hydros are the ones meant for impalas... air cylinders are used on imports. it's a show thing, i love the sound of the "psst" when i hit the switch to lay it on the ground.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:49 AM   #14
ShEaNy

do u have them on ur car now?? any pics?
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:59 AM   #15
Honda_Gurl

no, i'm still in the process of saving up for them. i might be able to get them as early as the beginning of june. if not, then i'll definately get them july 1st (getting paid once a month sucks ) i'll post pics once i finally get them installed.
Old 05-27-2002, 05:25 PM   #16
Jsmurf

I hate when a guy sees your car and thinks it belongs to your boyfriend.....that is what makes me mad
Old 05-27-2002, 08:32 PM   #17
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i hate the girls who dont know shit about carsa nd do only get their bf's money to mod their cars and dont know shit about them. and i agree about looking at the car, it dosnt matter who's driving, it matters what they are driving. oh, and to continue my vent... old people drive worse than the girls who are just brain dead.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 04:03 PM   #18
Kyle
elyK

heyt Honda Gurl...is there any inbetween height when driving with those...cuz it looks kinda ugly all the way up...and i don't think it'd be too safe to drive all-the-way-lowered...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:51 AM   #19
Honda_Gurl

oh ya..definately. you can ride at any height between the two, those are just the two dramatic settings... you know how when you're car's lowered, it sucks going over speed bumps. well with these, you can be riding low one second, switch it higher, and in another second you can be stock height. and actually when it's all the way to the ground, you CAN'T drive it, that's just more for show, or when you're parked.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:54 AM   #20
Kyle
elyK

thats cool...i wouldn't mind having those...it actually looks good on that gay saturn...lol
if it's your car or one of your friends...sorry...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 06-13-2002, 08:46 AM   #21
Honda_Gurl

oh no don't worry, i just got that pic off the internet, i have no clue whose it is. i should be getting mine within a month now, so i'll be posting pics soon
Old 06-13-2002, 05:42 PM   #22
Kyle
elyK

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 06-13-2002, 07:42 PM   #23
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
i hate the girls who dont know shit about carsa nd do only get their bf's money to mod their cars and dont know shit about them. and i agree about looking at the car, it dosnt matter who's driving, it matters what they are driving. oh, and to continue my vent... old people drive worse than the girls who are just brain dead.

Why stop at girls. Hate anyone who doesnt know shit about cars and uses someone elses money to hook up their ride. Anyone who hooks up their ride and knows nothing about it and doesnt try to learn should NOT do mods. Simple as that. If you know nothing but are trying to learn, by learn I dont mean asking people what kind of exhaust they have but actually doing research and trying to install simple parts yourself provided you have the tools. When I got my exhaust, I asked around and got a couple manufactures in mind. Then, instead of just taking friends words on the matter, I called them. Keep this in mind. Most of everyone I knew said Greddy exhaust system for non-turbo eclipse. I called Tanabe, Apexi, Greddy, Thermal and Flowmaster. Apexi/Thermal both told me 4-8whp. Tanabe was 3-7whp. Greddy merely had 2-5whp (they just sound nice). At the time Flowmaster first came out they only sold the muffler. Just the Flowmaster muffler (not cat-back) added a 10%hp gain. Meaning if my car has 500hp, the exhaust would add 50hp which is around 15-20whp. I didnt believe them and went with Apexi. Knowledge is power.

Ever heard the saying believe 5% of what you hear and 10% of what you read? Im not sure exactly of the percentages but you get the point.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:09 AM   #24
myself_included

I've let 3 girls drive my car, and I'm very sorry for it. Never will it happen again
Old 07-12-2002, 06:18 PM   #25
got2rednsxes

simple answer for those guys who think girls can not drive:

girls are better racers for a few reasons. here is why:

1. racing requires one to drive on a track at a cars limits. at times u can even push a car past its limits with some throttle steering wheel techniques. But limit braking and steering and throttle requir one to be super gentle. girls have less torque in their movements. therefore they can be smoother when steering and shifting as well as limit braking. thus say while turning girls can actually turn faster in theory b/c they are smooter and put less load on a car when turning b/c they are smoother than guys who tend to over power and thus overload and thus slow the car down. girls have more ability to finess the car. if u think its easy i invite u to the track and get to pulling some gs and try to be smooth. its not easy.

2. girls are usually lighter thus giving them a weight advantage. weight beaing the single most important issue in a race car. not talking rice moded cars. talking race cars on a track. the less weight the faster u can accellerate, the faster u stop and the faster u can corner. weight is one of the only mods u can do that will effect all 3 performance classes of braking/cornering/accellerating. Professional drivers can notice the diffence from a few poubds being in their car. U figure the averag guy weights at least 80 pounds more than the average girl. thats like almost carrying around one forth a second engine dependin on what u r driving. an engine that does not perform and makes the car less corner balance.

3. girls have more rods and cones in their eyes than guys. meaning they can see space better and even they can see more gradiations than guys. thus they see better. percieve space better. racing is all about seeing. when u r doing 180 thur a set of sweepers or u r limit braking into a turn u have to use your perephial vision. as when u r doing 180 u r never where u r but u r really half a mile ahead of where u r b/c things happen so fast that u have to be ahead of yourself. so imageine doing 180 with a cr right in front of you only u r looking off to the right so u knwo your braking point to head into a corkscrew. if the dirver in front of u brakes u better see it. even when u r not looking directly at him. girls are better at this. thus they can get closer to their competitors with less error. error normally puts u on the side lines or in the hospital guys.

4. girls tend to relax more than guys. relaxing means everything. u can not ahve any fear or panic when racing on a closed track wheel to wheel. it will get u killed b/c u will do something stupid like brake during a turn as opposed to before it thus slamming yourself into a nice wall of concrete.

teh only thing girls are missing is something guys have naturally. girls can develop this though. and when the do they can and will be the fastest thing on the track. that is the a word. aggression. once a girl gets agressive she owns the track.
don't believe me?
i can point you to laps times from famous track where a a few girls are whipping aloota a(*.

but what do i know. all i do is race/ read about it / think about it.
Lee
Old 07-20-2002, 07:03 PM   #26
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by got2rednsxes

1. racing requires one to drive on a track at a cars limits. at times u can even push a car past its limits with some throttle steering wheel techniques. But limit braking and steering and throttle requir one to be super gentle. girls have less torque in their movements. therefore they can be smoother when steering and shifting as well as limit braking. thus say while turning girls can actually turn faster in theory b/c they are smooter and put less load on a car when turning b/c they are smoother than guys who tend to over power and thus overload and thus slow the car down. girls have more ability to finess the car. if u think its easy i invite u to the track and get to pulling some gs and try to be smooth. its not easy.

2. girls are usually lighter thus giving them a weight advantage. weight beaing the single most important issue in a race car. not talking rice moded cars. talking race cars on a track. the less weight the faster u can accellerate, the faster u stop and the faster u can corner. weight is one of the only mods u can do that will effect all 3 performance classes of braking/cornering/accellerating. Professional drivers can notice the diffence from a few poubds being in their car. U figure the averag guy weights at least 80 pounds more than the average girl. thats like almost carrying around one forth a second engine dependin on what u r driving. an engine that does not perform and makes the car less corner balance.

3. girls have more rods and cones in their eyes than guys. meaning they can see space better and even they can see more gradiations than guys. thus they see better. percieve space better. racing is all about seeing. when u r doing 180 thur a set of sweepers or u r limit braking into a turn u have to use your perephial vision. as when u r doing 180 u r never where u r but u r really half a mile ahead of where u r b/c things happen so fast that u have to be ahead of yourself. so imageine doing 180 with a cr right in front of you only u r looking off to the right so u knwo your braking point to head into a corkscrew. if the dirver in front of u brakes u better see it. even when u r not looking directly at him. girls are better at this. thus they can get closer to their competitors with less error. error normally puts u on the side lines or in the hospital guys.

4. girls tend to relax more than guys. relaxing means everything. u can not ahve any fear or panic when racing on a closed track wheel to wheel. it will get u killed b/c u will do something stupid like brake during a turn as opposed to before it thus slamming yourself into a nice wall of concrete.

teh only thing girls are missing is something guys have naturally. girls can develop this though. and when the do they can and will be the fastest thing on the track. that is the a word. aggression. once a girl gets agressive she owns the track.
don't believe me?
i can point you to laps times from famous track where a a few girls are whipping aloota a(*.

but what do i know. all i do is race/ read about it / think about it.
Lee

1. racing requires one to drive on a track at a cars limits. at times u can even push a car.........

thats how far i got before everytihng blurred together. im sorry maybe i havnt met a girl who can drive fast (not good, fast) but every girl ive met wither scares the shit out of me cause they drive like.... or they drive very good but jsut drive normal. guys have a gene called competition (trust me its there) its very dominent. we always have to be better and faster than everyone else. its our nature. that makes us practice more, try harder and not give up. no girl is going to play a pool shark 4 times thinking this time im gonna win, your gonna see you wont win and give up. i think thats why girls dont make it as race car drivers. they just dont care enough to compete. maybe physicaly they can push the pedle down smoother, but guy hit it hard and go balls to the walls to win.....

Old 07-24-2002, 08:07 PM   #27
DsBlu01CivEX

Ok apparently i'm like no other girl then. I'm one of the most competitive people I know. Maybe I should see someone about this????? so I can start acting like all the girls the rest of you guys know.....

Old 07-24-2002, 09:01 PM   #28
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Ok apparently i'm like no other girl then. I'm one of the most competitive people I know. Maybe I should see someone about this????? so I can start acting like all the girls the rest of you guys know.....
you cant have it as bad as guys.... trust me...

Old 07-24-2002, 10:58 PM   #29
pReLuDe-gUrL

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
oh no don't worry, i just got that pic off the internet, i have no clue whose it is. i should be getting mine within a month now, so i'll be posting pics soon

LIZETH?!?!?!??!?!!??!?!?! GURL wHAtS UP!?!??! how you been?
Old 07-25-2002, 12:39 AM   #30
se-r turbo

I say the only people who know how to drive and truly know their car and how it handles and responds are the people who have taken their cars to autox events. Thats the only way imho that you can get the true feel of your car; and it's a good way to learn how to really drive. If any girl/guy has done this than props...because those are the peeps that know how to drive.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:09 AM   #31
pReLuDe-gUrL

yeaaaa boi... sean i totally agree wit ya! it really teaches you the limits of your car! and its REALLY FUN TO GO IN CIRCLES!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:50 AM   #32
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

wow, prelude-gurl you have one of the few 5th gens i really like..... you got any times for it? looks good too....

this is my setup

http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/s...y.asp?id=16175

Old 07-25-2002, 10:01 AM   #33
pReLuDe-gUrL

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
wow, prelude-gurl you have one of the few 5th gens i really like..... you got any times for it? looks good too....

thanks! best time so far 1/4 mile was 14.7. I tried to run it at the track last weekend, but my clutch is gone... so thats getting replaced this weekend... i wanna get a high flow cat so i can go faster And ill have new pics of it on that link by this weekend... ive gotten some new toys for it!!!

BTW: we used to talk on IM.. remember????
Old 07-25-2002, 03:17 PM   #34
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah.. way back when.. i'll IM you next time i see ya on

Old 07-31-2002, 10:51 PM   #35
Crystallg83

What I hate more than guys saying girl can't drive is all the guy targeted auto websites and magazines. All you see is half naked chicks between articles and ads. I don't want to see them, and personally I don't want my fiance looking at them either. Even if they just had some neutral magazines or ones for us girls I don't think it would be a problem, but with those girls it's implied that only guys are into cars and girls are just there to be sexy air headed bimbos.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:49 AM   #36
toykilla

Guys vs Girls, Men vs Women. WHY COMPARE? You can NOT compare the majority of women to the majority of guys. IN MAJORITY guys dominate everything. Men are built for it, women are NOT. Yes, im sure some of those body builder women could bench press more than me but can they bench more than a man with the same occupation? Some girls can run faster, fastest male times all beat fastest woman times. I dont say every woman cant drive but the ones I know cant. I know a couple guys that cant drive for shit but to put the driving issue to rest. How many women race nascar, drag, f1, motocross, motorcycle, boats or la mons compared to guys? Its not about the everyday driver, its about the people that do it for a living. There are a few woman that compete in the professional racing events. Awesome, but honestly, how many compared to guys? Ratio is around 5,000:1??
Old 08-01-2002, 08:57 AM   #37
spoogenet

Ads are targetted to an audience. You can't deny that many more guys are into cars than girls. Thus it makes sense that the ads are targetted toward guys. Playboy is primarily targetted toward men, but there are plenty women who read Playboy as well.....so do you think Playboy should have ads targetting women? Should Cosmo, Redbook, Better Homes and Gardens, etc etc etc have ads targetting men? Your fiance will look whether you want him to or not, he's a guy. Time to understand how the world works....

On the driving issue, most people can't drive. But I've never pulled up behind a guy at a light who refuses to drive forward when it's green because he's unaware it's green cuz he's putting on his makeup. This has happened to me many times with the female of the species. Of course I've pulled up behind plenty of guys who are occupied with something else to not notice the light is green either. I can't stress this enough....most people can't drive! (IMO)

Women make better race drivers? Perhaps. But men generally have more arm strength and better muscular endurance when using much force in their arms than women. Most race cars I know of take a good deal of arm strength to corner, something that men will generally be more adept at dealing with than women. That is not to say all women can't race. Face reality, though. Not everybody is going to be a good sprinter, not everybody is going to be a good swimmer, not everybody is going to be a good gymnast, not everybody is going to be a good race driver. But for some things one gender is more suited for it than another.

Now for drag racing, though, I do know of one woman who has blown the tops off some guys with her reaction time. Obviously she is very well suited for that job.

b