::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Nitrous
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2001, 01:08 PM   #1
Boosted3g

fogger nozzles and disrupting airflow

I am thinking about a direct port spool up kit but a question has arrised. If the nozzles are protruding in the runners of the intake how much will they disrupt airflow. Im sure the lose will be more than overcome with the addition of nitrous but how much will them sticking out cost me when the nitrous is shut off and im up to boost? Also how far do they protrude in to the runner?
Old 09-05-2001, 11:07 PM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

What RPM does you turbo spool up at? You'll have to excuse me I'm not that familiar with turbo setups. Direct port nozzles are not going to disrupt your airflow enough for you to notice. The nozzles may protrude 1/2" or so. With your turbo and nitrous you won't notice it. Even when you're not boosting.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:08 PM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tech-dirport5.jpg (16.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 09-06-2001, 03:29 AM   #4
MrCLoWnY

dOPE.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:52 AM   #5
Boosted3g

My turbo is alittle slow getting spooled because of its size and specs. I got a T3/T4 with a stage 3 exhaust side. I get almost no boost until 3K then it will hit the wall of boost and see 18 psi by the time it hits 5K. I jsut want something to get me out of the staging hole. Just alittle 50 shot of so. Then turn the flow off at 4K or so.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:38 PM   #6
Big James

If you choose to do this, i would highly recommend hooking the nitrous up to a Hobbs pressure switch. That way when your car sees a certain amount of boost, the nitrous will shut off. As far as the disruption of air flow goes, it is VERY minimal. If you are still worried about it, look towards nitrous express and their power wing setup. The nozzles are tapered for a better air flow.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:41 PM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Big James
If you choose to do this, i would highly recommend hooking the nitrous up to a Hobbs pressure switch. That way when your car sees a certain amount of boost, the nitrous will shut off. As far as the disruption of air flow goes, it is VERY minimal. If you are still worried about it, look towards nitrous express and their power wing setup. The nozzles are tapered for a better air flow.

The pressure switch is a good idea. I didn't think about that......
Old 09-06-2001, 02:48 PM   #8
Boosted3g

Thanks guys. Im still deciding which way i want to go with the car. I have a tow vehicle and im getting a trailer soon so i want to crank up the power. I would like to get a 10 sec run. Right now i can run consistant 12 flats but i can get some more out of the car. Up until Monday i was still using the car as my everyday driver so I was a bit cautious on tuning and hard launching. Now its time to let it all hang out.