::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Nitrous
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2002, 08:13 PM   #1
maxpsi

B16 JDM SIRII in 2k civic ex 5pds w/ juice

i am thinking of buying a B16 JDM SIRII swap into my civic and hooking up NX nitrous kit.....does anyone know some good prices for the two mods? what results should i expect??? is there any other required stuff after these two mods?? (clutch, plugs, etc.?)
Old 04-13-2002, 12:56 PM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: B16 JDM SIRII in 2k civic ex 5pds w/ juice

Quote:
Originally posted by maxpsi
i am thinking of buying a B16 JDM SIRII swap into my civic and hooking up NX nitrous kit.....does anyone know some good prices for the two mods? what results should i expect??? is there any other required stuff after these two mods?? (clutch, plugs, etc.?)

For the B16, get a direct port kit. NOS makes an excellent setup. It usually runs about $500-$600. You'll want an A/F gauge & nitrous pressure gauge at minimum. I would recommend that you also look into the MSD 6AL Ignition with either the Blaster 2/3 coil or Blaster SS coil. Additionally, look into a fuel system upgrade(fuel rail, FPR, fuel pump). AEM makes quality fuel components. A clutch is almost a MUST. Exedy makes a good product. As far as plugs go, look into the NGK Iridiums. Remember that you will need to adjust the heat range according to the shot size.

www.coximports.com
www.summitracing.com
www.nosnitrous.com

ps - sorry for the late response....
Old 04-13-2002, 03:05 PM   #3
maxpsi

this is what is going in next week:
B16A2 w/ GSR tranny 27k miles
DC sports 421 header
CM stage 1 clutch
NX kit (50 or 75 shot)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
B&M FPR
B&M fuel press gauge
nitrous press gauge(w/ kit)

after i sell the D16:
MSD cap
" " wires
" " Blaster SS coil
" " 6A ignition
AEM short ram
" " pulleys
" " gears
NGK plugs(not sure 1 step or 2 step?)
custom exhaust
Old 04-13-2002, 10:56 PM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
this is what is going in next week:
B16A2 w/ GSR tranny 27k miles
DC sports 421 header
CM stage 1 clutch
NX kit (50 or 75 shot)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
B&M FPR
B&M fuel press gauge
nitrous press gauge(w/ kit)

after i sell the D16:
MSD cap
" " wires
" " Blaster SS coil
" " 6A ignition
AEM short ram
" " pulleys
" " gears
NGK plugs(not sure 1 step or 2 step?)
custom exhaust

Nice choices.... As far as plugs go, 50 shot : 1 step colder & 75 : 2 steps colder.

Let me know how it goes....
Old 04-14-2002, 03:33 PM   #5
maxpsi

thanks i drop it off at the shop Sat morning......they said it would take a week. DARN>>> that means i will have to drive my mother's 1972 Chevy Camaro SS, original EVERYTHING, 350 cu. inches of engine, 4 on the floor....anyways thanks for the help again and i think i will just order all that stuff from Summit after i sell the engine....o yeah the buyer i am suppose to talk to Mon. I am going to ask for $850 for everything that i get left over after the swap from both the D16 and B16. EVERYTHING about the engines is in excellent condition. If he doesnt buy it i guess i will just put it in the local buy/sell bulliten cause i like to deal locally.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:52 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
thanks i drop it off at the shop Sat morning......they said it would take a week. DARN>>> that means i will have to drive my mother's 1972 Chevy Camaro SS, original EVERYTHING, 350 cu. inches of engine, 4 on the floor....anyways thanks for the help again and i think i will just order all that stuff from Summit after i sell the engine....o yeah the buyer i am suppose to talk to Mon. I am going to ask for $850 for everything that i get left over after the swap from both the D16 and B16. EVERYTHING about the engines is in excellent condition. If he doesnt buy it i guess i will just put it in the local buy/sell bulliten cause i like to deal locally.

Always good to deal locally. Especially with motors & such....