Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2004, 07:58 AM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Anyone into guns??

Just wondering if anyone else is into guns. Handguns, rifles, etc....
I own a shotgun, but I'm just now getting into handguns since the Conceal Carry goes into effect on April 7th for Ohio. Woohoo.

Here's what I'm looking at.

SIG-Sauer P232

Link: http://www.sigarms.com/products/clas...product_id=42#

I'll be getting the two-tone finish

Stainless carrier and alloy frame. Very nice piece. .380 caliber and small & light enough to conceal.

Stil haven't found a holster I like yet. Looking at getting this one CLICK . KInd of pricey but it should last for a long time.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:07 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Dude, just get it! Its a nice piece.. Then you can come down and we will go shooting... Since me likes doing them hillbilly types of things. We can go down to Target World in Cinci and shoot them, shotguns, rimfire .22s, and muzzleloaders.. That is, if Adams county is to country for you.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:11 AM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i've always had alot of fun every time i go out shooting

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:29 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nice. prolly i'll never get a gun, but i always have a baseball bat in my car, or a crow bar of some sort. just in case

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:32 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
nice. prolly i'll never get a gun, but i always have a baseball bat in my car, or a crow bar of some sort. just in case

You can still get picked up on concealed weapons charges for a baseball bat. I have a friend that was charged for that. Better becareful.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:42 AM   #6
juvenile

You can't have a bat in your car? What if you like playing "baseball" alot though?
Old 03-04-2004, 10:32 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
You can't have a bat in your car? What if you like playing "baseball" alot though?

then you'll also have a glove and ball with it. just a bat is a weapon, but if you have the accessories, then i think your in the clear

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:35 AM   #8
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Id like to own a handgun...all Ive got are shotguns because I used to hunt.
Problem is, around here there really isnt anywhere to shoot it other than the rifle-range where the hillbillies hang out.

Once for a week I carried my katana in my car. I took it in for my japanese class and then just forgot it was in there. Talk about protection... If I was going to mug someone w/ a gun and they pulled out a big ass sword....Id run for my life
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:53 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

Yeah, the gear really needs to be there to, to really hold up against an arguement. Plus, you should really keep that stuff in the trunk not behind the seat. If its in the trunk they wont say anything.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:21 AM   #10
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Yeah, i like guns....odd how my dad is building a shotgun at the kitchen table right now..yay...guns...love'em

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:34 AM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Yeah I love guns, but I don't get to go out shooting anymore too much. Its probably about time to get them all out and clean them up again.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:40 AM   #12
IALuder

guns! i like sniper rifles. in hand guns i got a 45 magnum. its nice. my dad got a 9mm glock. man that things got some balls.

i would buy that peice if i had that type of money to waste on another one.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #13
CD5Passion

I had a japanese sword in my car at one time..
Old 03-04-2004, 05:27 PM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Dude, just get it! Its a nice piece.. Then you can come down and we will go shooting... Since me likes doing them hillbilly types of things. We can go down to Target World in Cinci and shoot them, shotguns, rimfire .22s, and muzzleloaders.. That is, if Adams county is to country for you.

Its is DONE!! He had to order from a local distributor and is going to pick it up for me tomorrow. The SigLite option is rare on teh gun so its a special order deal.

Just went and paid for it tonight. I got the all stainless steel model instead of the two-tone. I also got SigLites on it.
SigLites = Tritium Night Sights They glow in the dark but aren't chraged by daylight. They are radioactive and last about 10 years. ( http://www.sigarms.com/products/accessories.asp )
Fortunately my fiance's dad has alot of experience with handguns. Otherwise I wouldn't have known what to get.

Yeah you dang hillbillies! Is Adams County outdoor? We will definately go shooting. I can't go this weekend because I'm going gambling(free weekend stay on the river boat ). Well maybe we can go Sunday.

I'll be signing up for my conceal carry training classes here soon. Its a requirement (as it should be) before you get your permit. 10 hours of class time & 2 hours of range time.

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

Yep watch that. I have a mini bat under my seat.

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
Id like to own a handgun...all Ive got are shotguns because I used to hunt.
Problem is, around here there really isnt anywhere to shoot it other than the rifle-range where the hillbillies hang out.

Once for a week I carried my katana in my car. I took it in for my japanese class and then just forgot it was in there. Talk about protection... If I was going to mug someone w/ a gun and they pulled out a big ass sword....Id run for my life

Yeah if you could get it out before they pulled the trigger.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:15 PM   #15
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

how much does that run anyway?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:24 PM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
how much does that run anyway?

From about $540 & up for the model I got. You can get the blued version for about $440 or so, but without SigLites.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:29 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Baseball bats? Wussies...I carry a truckin buddy. Easier to hide and hurts a helluva lot more. As for guns, I'm down. I've got a Winchester .22 and Springfield .22 and I'm looking at a Magnum Reseach .45 handgun once I get my car back together. I used to have a Mossberg 12g but it damn near seperated my shoulder.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:51 PM   #18
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

i dont have any guns ofmyself, but my dad has some, and i hunt and he doesnt, i got a 30 yacht 6 (i think thats how u spell it) which is my new hunting gun, i got a 30/30 which is my old one i hunted with for 2 years, 2 berrettas, 12g windchester (shot it once and never will again for a while) a couple .22s, and my dad has a whole bunch of hand guns but i only get a glimps of them when hes in teh gun cabnet.... boht my parents have their gun permit so they carry them alot...
B16DoHcCrx033003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #19
IALuder

or get a metal bat cut the top off. fill with concret and weld the top back on. that shit will pack a punch.

as of myself i carrie a billy club. dad wont let me put my gun in my car.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:17 AM   #20
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

hm concrete bat eh ?

*looks for bat*
Old 03-05-2004, 09:07 AM   #21
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Its is DONE!!

Very cool, I cant wait to check it out.

Quote:

Yeah you dang hillbillies! Is Adams County outdoor? We will definately go shooting. I can't go this weekend because I'm going gambling(free weekend stay on the river boat ). Well maybe we can go Sunday.

Yeah, its out door.. Right now its probably muddy as hell, and our little cars wouldnt make it. Thats 4x4 material out there buddy! Target World is indoor. Sunday wont work for me though. I have to pickup a friend at the airport. Oh well, we will go sometime soon. I wanna shoot my new shotgun.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:24 AM   #22
wal
2nd Gear

i like guns but in the uk the only ones ya can get is shotguns, 12 bore and shit. but i would love a handgun 44, cai colt or desert eagal. i have always like the glocks, and the double action colts. they should change the gun laws in the uk
wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:20 PM   #23
pimpinprelude

yummm gunsssss.....

its 30.o6 bro.. lollololol
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:32 PM   #24
spoogenet

Nope.

b
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gunz.jpg (6.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 03-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #25
pimpinprelude

oo yaaahh he hates guns^.....
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:08 PM   #26
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

spoogenet
that looks like my uncles house, he works for the gov't as a bounty hunter (which is fawking great) but now he works for an electrical company... but he has tons of fully auto guns in his basement... or maybe hes just a terrorist and telling me that, but i doupt it.....
Old 03-08-2004, 07:48 PM   #27
Topanga

I fucking love guns! I have about 8. Usually on my days off I'll polish them. Sometimes I'll go round back & line up some old Coors cans on the fence & try to shoot them. Usually my bitchass nieghbor will call the police like a pussy over it. Why can't he just come talk to me?! It's always over the fact that he has two young kids. Stupid kids shouldn't even be close to my fence in the first place. I aint gonna shoot them! I know what I'm doing!

Rant over. Anyways, most of them are magnums, some smiths, some eisers, & a few rifles.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:50 PM   #28
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

i dunno if my neighbor was shooting a gun that i prob didnt know to well, and i went over to confront him that hes gotta stop, i would be kinda scared....< sounds like pussy, but i dont lie... i was be scared as hell...
Old 03-08-2004, 08:57 PM   #29
VR4_Craver
Banned

I have my mossberg 500 12g...2 .22s had a 1949 British Enfield infantry special and some 9mm rifle thingy....
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:52 PM   #30
Topanga

Quote:
Originally posted by B16DoHcCrx033003
i dunno if my neighbor was shooting a gun that i prob didnt know to well, and i went over to confront him that hes gotta stop, i would be kinda scared....< sounds like pussy, but i dont lie... i was be scared as hell...
Bitch knows I'm shooting at those old Coors cans...not his kids! But he still calls the pd. What kind of pussy can't handle his own shit. Gotta call the pigs like a little bitch. Office Dipshit will come over & write me a ticket & say he's gonna arrest me next time. He aint shit.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:31 AM   #31
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Topanga
Bitch knows I'm shooting at those old Coors cans...not his kids! But he still calls the pd. What kind of pussy can't handle his own shit. Gotta call the pigs like a little bitch. Office Dipshit will come over & write me a ticket & say he's gonna arrest me next time. He aint shit.

Dude...it's not the cop's fault. He's doing his job (and he ain't shit? You won't be saying that when he hauls you off to jail so you get a human booster shot from a guy named Molly). Now your neighbor...he sounds like a bitch. Go kick him in the throat. No...seriously...do it. I'll wait here.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:40 AM   #32
GeneralDzur

I still remember when my dad bought a WWI 30.6 bolt-action. That rifle packs a punch...

- Dzur
Old 03-09-2004, 11:25 AM   #33
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Topanga, dude you need to easy up on the language. If your shooting guns in where you shouldnt be, the only person who is in the wrong is you. Go to a range and shoot, atleast you dont have to worry about your neighbors, kids, pets, or an innocent bystandard.

If your in an area that you can legally shoot guns, well piss on it.. Keep shooting. Laws are laws, if you dont like them.. Move.

Guns dont kill people... Supidity, ignorance, and carelessness kill people.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:46 PM   #34
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Guns dont Kill people...Mario Van Peebles
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:04 PM   #35
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by B16DoHcCrx033003
spoogenet
that looks like my uncles house, he works for the gov't as a bounty hunter (which is fawking great) but now he works for an electrical company... but he has tons of fully auto guns in his basement... or maybe hes just a terrorist and telling me that, but i doupt it.....

Bounty hunting, now there's an exciting career.....talk about some crazy sh*t! I thought about trying to get into that once, but decided I probably wasn't cut out for it.

Class III rocks.....I've also thought about trying to get a Class III license, but I'm not sure I'll bother. One of the ranges around town has a full-auto night once a week, or maybe once a month, or something of that sort.

b