::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2001, 07:33 PM   #1
2000_Honda_Si

Check Engine Code 13

I'm getting a CEL and it's code 13. Something about the Barometric Sensor circuit. Anyone had this problem before?
Old 09-07-2001, 11:32 PM   #2
Boosted3g

If im not mistaken the barametric pressure is read thought the map sensor. I think it checks it as soon as the car is turned on and that is about it. See if you can get one of your friends to let you try their map sensor and see if it corrects the problem. This seems to be a rare problem so anyone correct me if im way off base.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:54 PM   #3
2000_Honda_Si

Yeah Greddy says its actually the FMU or the FCU. They are supposed to upgrade it soon. Since my CEL is on is this Retarding my timing?
Old 09-09-2001, 07:24 AM   #4
Boosted3g

Cooli didnt know you had the Greddy kit. If the car is runing in limp mode you will be running so rich the car will pop and hesitate ad the timing will be retarded. Im not sure if the barimetric pressure code will cause limp mode of not.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:50 AM   #5
2000_Honda_Si

The car actually jerks sometimes..... I know for a fact its just not running right.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:20 PM   #6
Boosted3g

Greddy didnt do anything to help you they basically just said yeah its probably our kit and we know its messed up. Thats weak, I would expect more from a company that you just shelled over 3 grand towards. I would keep lighting up their phonelines until you get what it takes to make it right. This sounds very similar to the way Apexi handles their calls. They have the absolute worst custom service of any company I have ever talked to.
Old 09-15-2001, 12:19 AM   #7
2000_Honda_Si

Yep they suck. I wonder if anyone out there is using the same kit I am and if they truly are having probs........
Old 09-19-2001, 09:02 AM   #8
extasy

cel

sounds like the MAP is reading incorrect with boost present... look into importparts.com for the "missing link" it tricks the map sensor on turbo cars to eliminate CEL's.