::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2002, 12:33 AM   #1
'00EX5-turbo

fuel pressure regulator

for every greddy kit it comes with a blue vortech fuel regulator(the one that's able to sense the boost in order to increase fuel deliver). if i use this vortech thing, do i still need my aem fuel regulator? cuz i heard that if i set the aem to 47psi something and when the vortech senses big boost and tries to deliver more fuel(like 57psi), the aem wont let it pass cuz it will only deliver what i've set----47psi. so is it better for me to get rid of the aem and just use the stock fuel pressure regulator?
Old 08-24-2002, 11:39 AM   #2
Boosted3g

The AEM will work in conjunction with the Vortech.
Old 08-24-2002, 07:28 PM   #3
'00EX5-turbo

but how do i set it? what psi should i set for the aem? since i dont have a air-fuel gauge yet, so i dont know when it's lean and when it's rich.
Old 08-25-2002, 12:34 AM   #4
VieT916

Re: fuel pressure regulator

Quote:
Originally posted by '00EX5-turbo
for every greddy kit it comes with a blue vortech fuel regulator(the one that's able to sense the boost in order to increase fuel deliver).

What kit did you buy? GReddy wouldn't include Vortech stuff in their package. They support themselves and themselves only.
Old 08-25-2002, 03:13 AM   #5
'00EX5-turbo

the regular 92-95 civic kit. since my kit was used, so i dont know if the vortech was included or not.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:56 AM   #6
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Greddy turbo kits only include a Greddy piggy back fuel computer.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:07 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

i think what you bought was the GReddy turbo kit minus the blue box. the blue box function is replaced by a boost dependant FMU such as your vortech FMU. let me elaborate on what boosted3g is trying to say. the AEM fuel pressure regulator, controls the fuel pressure and flow going to the fuel rail. what the vortech FMU does is ensure ample fuel is maintained in the fuel rail by regulating the amount of fuel that is going back to the fuel tank. keep in mind that the fuel system is a constant recirc system, meaning, it burns what goes inside the cyclinder and send the rest back to the fuel tank. so basically, the AEM fuel pressure regulator regulates inlet fuel pressure to the fuel rail. Vortech FMU maintains ample fuel by regulating the outlet side of the fuel rail. it is accomplished by somewhat keeping the fuel rail "flooded" with fuel while at boost condition. hope my thread helps.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:11 AM   #8
'00EX5-turbo

thermal

so should i put my aem fpr back? and how should i set it?(it was around 47psi)
Old 10-03-2002, 08:23 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

how much boost are you running?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 10-05-2002, 03:09 AM   #10
spooled b16

I have a b16a2 that is spooled (just to be brief if you want more info you can get it) My idle fuel pressure is at 47 psi stock fuel reg. which i know is a little rich but the fmu if, working properly should only increase fuel pressure according to boost 12:1 10:1 and so on. my buddy is using the aem. He is using the bigger oriphis to keep the fuel psi down during idle and the fmu compensates during boost conditions. hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:18 PM   #11
'00EX5-turbo

i m running 5.5 psi(low boost) and 8psi(sudden high boost)
Old 10-17-2002, 02:07 AM   #12
thermal
Banning Machine

put the AEM FPR back. it's really hard for me to see how it's affecting your car so i can not make a recommendation on the setting, eventhough i can safely say that 47psi is not a bad setting. any turbo car tuner would prefer to run "rich" at any time. do u have any other fuel system upgrade, such as injectors and fuel pump?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum