::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2002, 02:14 AM   #1
'00EX5-turbo

greddy profec b

i have the pro B but the lowest boost i can set with it is still 9 psi. i was planning to have 5 psi as the low boost and 8psi as high boost. the shop said that i can reset the device but i dont know how to do it cuz the manual doesnt say(not even the japanese one). how do i reset it?
Old 07-22-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

i'm not familiar with this unit. e-mail MrCLowNy, he has one. the easiest way to reset your EVC/EBC, is to turn it off. it should drop the boost to factory setting of 5.5 psi.......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 06:54 PM   #3
Boosted3g

Maybe your shop means to change the pins at the back of the unit. Depending on the style of the wastegate you will want a different setting. Also the unit when it is off will go to the normal wastegate setting. When it is on it will not allow you to go under than base setting nor does it allow you to go hihger than 150% of the base. So basically if you have a 10 psi spring in your wastegate you can get anywehre from 10-15 psi.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:22 PM   #4
'00EX5-turbo

it's an internal wastegate. so those that mean i have to adjust the wastegate? but how, it's a long thing with some screw on the end, how do i turn that thing?
Old 07-28-2002, 12:41 AM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by '00EX5-turbo
it's an internal wastegate. so those that mean i have to adjust the wastegate? but how, it's a long thing with some screw on the end, how do i turn that thing?
whoah buddy.....i strongly recommend not to tamper with that actuation arm. providing that the actuation arm is not tampered with, what boosted3g and myself are saying is, when u turn off the power to your profecB, it will drop the boost to the factory setting of the GReddy internal wastegate, which is 5.5 psi. this is a "mechanical lock".

your profecB can only go up higher than 5.5 psi. unless the wastegate was initially set to zero psi which is very unlikely on your case........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-30-2002, 01:52 AM   #6
'00EX5-turbo

how come i was(now too) able to go up to 10 psi even without the boost controller? was the wastegate being set before then? (btw, this greddy kit was used. i bought it for $800. the previous owner had to swap a gs-r engine so he sold it to me. was it possible that he has adjusted the wastegate?) if he really did, how do i set it back to the stock 5.5psi? maybe this is the reason why my boost controller cant be set lower than 9psi since the wastegate was being set too high!
Old 07-30-2002, 05:51 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

ah now i see......it's really going to be hard to play with that actuation arm. you would have to tweak and run the car each time. it's a shot in the dark. i would call GReddy and tell them your situation. they maybe able to give you a more acurate set point on the actuation arm. if i'm not mistaken, i think adjusting the arm to make it longer (which should be counter-clockwise), should lower the boost setting. i can not tell you exactly where the boost will take you per turn. maybe GReddy can....sorry bud. try GReddy tech line. i really wish i could answer every turbo question on this board...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 08-01-2002, 01:32 AM   #8
'00EX5-turbo

thank u, thermal! i will call greddy shortly to find out about it. u helped a lot
Old 08-01-2002, 07:48 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

ok man, keep us posted and goodluck

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum