User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
IALuder

c6 zo6 vs ford gt....

http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/C...0Ford%20GT.wmv

right click save as.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
Wren57

damn fast... wonder why the thumbs down at the end...
Old 05-10-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
IALuder

i dont know. kinda wonder now to.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Something's not right there. A Z06 with "intake and tune" making 488hp walking away from a stock 550hp Ford GT? I mean the GT's still got 60hp on the Vette.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
AzCivic

the dude in the GT probably can't shift worth a crap.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:17 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

My money's on that he wasn't trying to break his brand new $150K car by raping it in a street race.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 05-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
My money's on that he wasn't trying to break his brand new $150K car by raping it in a street race.

agreed, plus what are the curb weights of those cars? I mean i know the new z06 is serious and all and is the viper killer, but come on, ford GT.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
Mischief

if he doesn't want to break it he shouldn't race it

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
AzCivic

so what would break on an all out performance car by doing a little race from a roll? I think he just sucks at the shifting.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCivic
so what would break on an all out performance car by doing a little race from a roll? I think he just sucks at the shifting.

Probably a bit of both. I've found that 9 out of 10 times when a guy buys a car like that he doesn't really know how to drive it and he doesn't know what it's capable of so he worries about breaking stuff. I mean when was the last time you saw a Ferarri or Porsche owner really push the car to the limit?

Old 05-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
nonovurbizniz

Yeah around here there are TONS of those top dollar nasty sports cars and the dudes driving them here will only push them so far... and if you're faster than them at that point they just let off...

Although I have DEFINATELY seen my fair share of 911's or ferrari's FLYING down the road racing each other.

Off topic... The GT looks like POOP compared to that Z06. Those new corvettes are AWESOME looking.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonovurbizniz
Off topic... The GT looks like POOP compared to that Z06. Those new corvettes are AWESOME looking.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! The new Vettes look like mildly oversized RX-8s. It just screams "Hi, I'm a Corvette...Chevy's top shelf sports car...and I blend in with every other psuedo-sports car on the road". Hats off to GM for ruining an almost unruinable legacy. They are the George Lucas of auto manufacturers.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #13
Wren57

Outcome doesn't suprise me one bit... stock for stock the ZO6 outruns the GT in every mag-test I've seen + it traps higher (races were from a roll). This + the fact it had I/E/Tune made it walk the GT, nothing fishy here.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

So a GT can humiliate a 360 Modena but not a Corvette? Doubtful.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #15
dabouncerx24

^ a big fan eh?

Same here, I seriously don't believe that a Z06 can outrun a GT, at least not the way it did in the video. But then again, 490whp for that vette, 550 engine hp gt on the wheels would not be much ahead on that 490, right?
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:55 AM   #16
AzCivic

I'd get a pulley and a "tune" and not worry about any new zo6 with a few boltons ever.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:25 AM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Or get that twin turbo setup that was posted earlier and not worry about ANYTHING ever.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #18
Mischief

Quote:
I mean when was the last time you saw a Ferarri or Porsche owner really push the car to the limit?
http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...C8F846A1FF.htm

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #19
AzCivic

Quote:
Or get that twin turbo setup that was posted earlier and not worry about ANYTHING ever.

lol, I'd worry about becoming airborne or some crazy crap with that thing.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #20
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! The new Vettes look like mildly oversized RX-8s. It just screams "Hi, I'm a Corvette...Chevy's top shelf sports car...and I blend in with every other psuedo-sports car on the road". Hats off to GM for ruining an almost unruinable legacy. They are the George Lucas of auto manufacturers.

Yeah I don't know... I just like the new vettes...

Frankly I think they're the nicest ones EVER... the ONLY one that I think is as cool is the 2nd generation and frankly of those I only REALLY like the split window.

1st gen = too small underpowered (kindy looks like a chick car to me)
2nd gen = Ok by me
3rd gen = SOME are ok but frankly they're too cartoony
4th gen = UGLY UGLY UGLY
5th Gen = Better but too wide too long and proportioned poorly
6th Gen = Just right The back deck is still too wide and flat IMO... but that's about it

Overall I think GM took this last model and REALLY put something out to be proud of... it's styled nice it's powerful as all hell and it's as usual UNBELIEVABLY affordable compared to it's competition...

As far as the GT is concerned... I just don't like it. I mean with all the Rice bashing american enthusiest do I don't get how ford comes out with the most scoop laden car EVER with GIANT racing stripes and that's cool???

It's like when the GTO came out and NO ONE bought it because it didn't have hood scoops. WTF!?!?!??!

So the factory riced them out and now they're the new hottness.

Don't get me wrong I know they are functional... but WHO WILL EVER NEED THEM that is actually going to buy one???

I don't think it's FUGLY but I don't like it.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #21
AzCivic

dude! the new GT is based off the original it has to look like that. it was spanking ferrari's back then and its doing it now.

Last edited by AzCivic : 05-12-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #22
nonovurbizniz

I'm well aware of the originals and why the new ones look the way they do...

But frankly I think the modernization of the GT is atrocious. I just don't like how it came out.

My previous comments about american enthusiasts also applies HUGELY to the muscle car fans... SOOO many of those cars were just rediculous looking. Def. tons had the power to back it up but IMO the cream of the crop of those are the more refined ones like the COPO camaro, and Cobras, they looked fast but didn't have tons of scoops huge wings.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't kick a GT out of my driveway I just think it could've been done better...

Like the first "retro" mustangs... I liked them kinda but thought they could've done MUCH better... more like the current retro mustangs... the execusion on those is great.

The GT from an engineering standpoint and performance standpoint I find to be a TRULY impressive car... but the looks just don't do it for me. I thought it could've been executed better.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:54 AM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...the thing about the GT is this...it was modeled after an ORIGINAL GT-40. It' wasn't like they looked at an older GT-40 and said "hey...let's do something like that". They took precise measurements and created the car to those dimensions. All of the scoop and whatnot...yeah, they're a bit off for a street car, but unlike many other cars they have a purpose. Each scoop and intake in either designed to keep the car aerodynamically sound or to push air into the engine. It's not like in '01 when Ford decided "you know...we've got hood scoops...but they need to be bigger". That was just gay. The GTs actually GAIN traction as they go faster...a lot like the Saleen S7s. There aren't many riced out factory cars with tons of scoops that can claim that honor.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #24
nonovurbizniz

^ Yeah no definately. I understand the whole concept and for some reason I REALLY like the originals but don't like the new ones...

My tastes have changed a lot over the years and I fell in love with the original GT40 when I first saw it when I was like 11 or 12... but for some reason now I look at it and especially the new one and just don't like how it looks.

I actually saw an original a couple of years ago at a car show and all these people were like OMG WTF is that??? it was funny listening to all the "experts"... "Oh yeah it's a factory race car they made in the 80's" TONS of people had NO clue it was even a ford.

I was re-impressed with it looking at all the tech in it...

One of my favorite things about having liked muscle cars first is being one of the few import guys that realize the fuel injection and high compression isn't a modern or japanese concept.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #25
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonovurbizniz

One of my favorite things about having liked muscle cars first is being one of the few import guys that realize the fuel injection and high compression isn't a modern or japanese concept.
One thing I like about muscle cars is that they are fast.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote