It looks cool and I'd make one myself 4 26.67%
I wouldn't be caught dead in it 2 13.33%
It' cool and it's the ultimate sleeper! 2 13.33%
Why!?? Just answer me WHY!!!??? 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2002, 11:58 PM   #1
Toxygene

Would you drive this Accord?

Hey I know everyone always concentrates on the newer cars these days and I will admit that I'm one of those people. However I have kept up with Justin the creator of this Accord and I was just curious as to what you all thought about his creation. He has worked hard to make an older Accord pretty damn fast. In fact I've even thought about emulating his work and perhaps even besting him. So check his site out and tell me what you all think. I"ll put a poll up because I love polls.

http://www.88turboaccord.net/

http://88turboaccord.net/pictures/motor/

P.S. Any of you can drop him a line at:

jballou@88turboaccord.net
Old 04-23-2002, 12:06 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Its really cool, and looks pretty good for a 3rd gen, but I'd rather have a newer car.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 06:50 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well it doeasn'tr look like the ultimate sleeper to me but it looks good

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 10:15 PM   #4
Toxygene

Power?

You know I wish I could get Justin to dyno his Accord or at least drag it to see just how fast he's gotten it to be. I'll have to talk to him about it.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:40 AM   #5
88turboaccord

My car is an 88 not an 87..

BTW. here are some better pictures that I have not put on the webpage (just been lazy.)

As of right now, the car is torn apart. I have rebuilt the motor, turbo, had the turbo manifold ported (better flow)

I am installing a full Haltech system on it, stripped pretty much everything from the front seats back, even changing the glass to plexi-glass...
Swapped to rear disc brakes
Chaning to a fuel cell and adding an aeromotive or paxton fuel pump, basically the car is going to be almost a full drag car with a few times a month on the street... (Just to mess with people.)

All fun and games...
Old 04-24-2002, 01:01 AM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Wow, thanks for the extra info, that's a really tricked out 3rd gen.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 02:20 AM   #7
Toxygene

87?

87 Accord. No my car is an 87. I know yours is an 88 Justin.
I definitely would love to see your car run. When I come down to visit you I'd love to find out when you'll run the Accord at a drag strip so maybe a few of the HondaStyle people can run too and admire your work! Beautiful job Bro!
Old 04-24-2002, 10:03 AM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

You've got to give 88turboaccord credit for the fine work that has been done on that car.. Very cool!!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 07:31 PM   #9
Incubus

Pretty nice ride ya got there! I'd love to see some dyno charts on that beast. Just out of curiosity, how much psi are you boosting? About how much do you estimate your total costs have been so far with everything you have done?
Old 04-24-2002, 09:31 PM   #10
Maxvla

my opinion wasn't listed... i voted for looks cool but isn't worth it... but i think its very sweet and i'd definately drive it... but im with 94 accord ex. i'd want a newer car.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:38 AM   #11
88turboaccord

I also have a 97 accord...

Before the rebuild, and updating the car, I was running 20-22psi on occasion and usually around 15-17psi just messing around..

As for some hard numbers, well I could not tell you, I never got around to it. I was wanting to wait till I got everything done that I wanted to---which hasn't really happened yet.....

Total costs---who knows, I stopped counting, I know it is over $15K and growing.. I've done most of the work myself..

Custom stuff is very expensive, you cannot just go down to a speed shop and buy something for it, I have to do the research, find what can fit and modify it, or go down to the local CNC shop and have plans drawn up and then have the part made...

THink of my JE custom pistons-----At $200 a peice, they get expensive real quick....
Old 04-25-2002, 02:41 AM   #12
Toxygene

Smog?

You know Justin I was also wondering if you ever got that car smogged. Or did you just have someone hook you up. That has actually been my only concern for not building an Accord like yours. Otherwise I could think of serveral ideas for the Accord to make it even faster.
funny but my other prospective project car would be a 94=97 Accord Coupe. I could think a few things to make that fast too.
Take care Justin,
Lawrence

How long before you will be able to drive your Turbo Accord again? And when will we be able to see you race?
Old 04-25-2002, 03:19 AM   #13
88turboaccord

Smog---we will just leave it at that...

As for seeing the car in action, it will probobly be a while.. Still have around $4k in parts to purchase yet....
Old 05-22-2002, 10:00 PM   #14
Toxygene

How many others?

Hey I'm curious how many other old Accord owners we have on this forum?
Old 05-23-2002, 02:03 AM   #15
AcCoRd97Lx

why not? that car would probably smoke most members on this and other boards (hehe me included)

that is the hottest 3rd gen i've EVER seen
Old 05-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #16
1SweetV6

I usually don't like older Accord's, but I would totally drive that. Even if it wasn't TC. It's got some nice body lines to it. Personally I like newer car's, but that's just me. I would leave it as a street car. Take it to some show's. Win some stuff.