.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2003, 12:13 PM   #1
Fred Cook

Photos Of My Freshly Detailed 6th Gen Coupe **56k Beware**(Updated)

******I decided to eliminate some of the stuff in the process, since I personally think it's not needed. The new list is below.********

After 2 months of nothing but rain here in PA, we finally got 3 days of nice sunny weather so I decided I would fully detail my car.

Below is a photo of the products I used. Some of them you can buy at your local Auto Body supply store, some you have to order online.

The use of all these products in this 7 Step process shows somewhat in the photos below, but doesn't do the car justice.

You can view more photos by going to http://www.honduh.com/gallery/060203/index.html

I will list the process for those of you that may ask. If you want exact directions on how to use each product or where to buy these products just PM me.

Exterior

1) Washing

Wash car with Meguiar's Hi-Tech Wash using only a Sheepskin Car Wash Mitt. Dry with a Waffle Towel (MicroFiber)

2) Claying

I only use Clay-Magic Clay, it is by far the stickiest and longest lasting clay I ever used.

**I highly reccomend everyone using MicroFiber Towels and Applicators through out the rest of the process.**

3)Deep Polishing

I used Meguiar's Body Shop Professional Swirl Free Polish

5) Glaze

I used ClearKote's Vanilla Moose, which really made the surface super slick.

6) Sealant - (Last's much longer then Wax)

I used PoorBoys EX Sealant . This stuff rocks, it last much longer than S100, so I don't top with S100 anymore it's a waste of a step and time.

If you want PoorBoys Products call 845-627-5907 and ask for Steve, tell him Fred Cook sent you and he will hook you up with a deal.

8) Detail Spray (Use Between Waxes)

The only brand I reccomend is Poorboys QD+ Quick Detailer Plus

Misc.

I used Plexus on my headlights and tailights - it resists dust.

I used Eagle One A2Z Wheel Cleaner to clean the wheels.

I used Eagle One WET Tire Shine

I used Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish to clean the header and exhaust.

I used Stoners Invisible Glass to clean the windows with the Viper Glass Towel (MicroFiber)

Interior

I used 303 Aerospace Protectant for my dash and paneling

I used Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on my leather. (Obviously)

This isn't for everyone, since some of these products can get expensive and is very time consuming, but since I received so many compliments over the weekend, I had to share my recipe with all of you.

Please post your thought's positive or negative.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:10 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

looks good. i wish i could say the same about mine too :o

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Yikes, that must have taken a long time to do..

Looks great!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:47 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Its nice to see someone really spending time detailing their car. Looks great BTW!

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 02:19 PM   #5
Shot 2 Hel

looks good
Old 06-02-2003, 02:33 PM   #6
Fred Cook

Thanks, I really appreciate everyones kind words.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:18 PM   #7
Grip72

i SUCK at washing my car. i just got it painted and i wanted to get rid of the dust and shit but there was NO way i was taking it to the high pressure car wash so soon. So i bought some SIMONIZ car wash gel. I just mixed it with water and used a sheepskin mitt thingy to wash my car, rinsed and let her dry. BUT it looks like SHIT!! Why can't i ever do it right? And the drying thigns here are like $40 for a piece of towel! Anyone got any suggestions? Cheap..
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:27 PM   #8
Fred Cook

You can't just let the car dry. You have to dry it with a towel. If you can't afford a good waffle, buy a nice plush 100% cotton towel and use that. Also, when your washing your car be sure to throughly rinse it off.

If you can afford it buy some detail mist ans spray it on and wipe it off.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:42 PM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord17
i SUCK at washing my car. i just got it painted and i wanted to get rid of the dust and shit but there was NO way i was taking it to the high pressure car wash so soon. So i bought some SIMONIZ car wash gel. I just mixed it with water and used a sheepskin mitt thingy to wash my car, rinsed and let her dry. BUT it looks like SHIT!! Why can't i ever do it right? And the drying thigns here are like $40 for a piece of towel! Anyone got any suggestions? Cheap..

First of all, don't put any sort of wax on your new paintjob for at least 30+ days.

Next, just buy a nice MF waffle towel. I have one and it dries the majority of my car, but I need one more to do the whole thing. You HAVE to dry the car to make it look good.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #10
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

how long did it take u to put all that on
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 12:38 AM   #11
Honda530

Jeesem thats freaking clean The best that I do is was with some car wash soap and then wax it with turtle wax heeh or use the eagle one wax as you dry
Old 06-04-2003, 09:25 PM   #12
pauls-si

It's so shiney......
Old 06-06-2003, 02:40 AM   #13
Fred Cook

I just washed my car tonight and decided to throw a couple of coats on after. I put a coat of Vanilla Moose (See list for info) on, and then removed it immediately. Then I put a coat of Poorboys EX Sealant on, and instead of waiting 60 minutes to remove it, I'm going to take Steve's (Owner of Poorboys) advice and leave it on overnight (If you have a garage), and remove it in the morning. It is not recessary to keep adding coats like I do, since I just detailed it last week, but since these products are so easy to use (easy on, easy off), and they don't stain trims, I figured, "What The Hell". I'm always looking to out do my previous shine.

We shall see tomorrow if leaving Poorboys EX Sealant on overnight makes a difference. I will have some final pictures tomorrow after I remove it, but if anyone is interested, you can view my car coated with Poorboys EX Sealant below.

I know someone will say "why is the stuff in front of your car so close?" It's actually a good 2 feet from it, so there is no need to mention it.

If you want Poorboys Products call 845-627-5907 and ask for Steve, tell him Fred Cook sent you, and he will hook you up with a deal.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:04 PM   #14
02black_Accord

looking good man havent seen many red accords out here
Old 06-08-2003, 10:19 AM   #15
pimpinprelude

niiiiiice
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 04:30 PM   #16
ShEaNy

CLEan MAN CLEAN..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 01:48 PM   #17
darkdaedra

Oooooh. Shiny!
Old 06-27-2003, 01:42 AM   #18
aznriceownz

nice. i use plexus on my lens on my paintball mask, works great. I like the smell of it too..