::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
lucky

whats the best Turbo for the $$

Just curious, what is the normal price for a Civic whole turbo kit w/ intercooler? Lets say 8psi.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:21 PM   #2
96coupe

i've seen the drag4 kit w/ intercooler, cast-iron manifold ..... for 2999 shipped.
xs engineering w/ intercooler, manifold.....3200 shipped for 6.5+, 3500 for a 400hp kit for built motors
revhard stage 2 and 2c.........2700 & 2825

all these prices are off groupbuycenter.com, so i say the normal price is close to 3k, i'd imagine you could find some cheaper but this is what i came up w/ quick glance
Old 02-13-2003, 12:56 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

going with cheap parts on a turbo kit will be horrible in the future... do it right, do it once. if you want to properly turbo your car, i don see it getting done properly for under 4-4.5k

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 10:39 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i'm a dealer and i really can't get a complete kit for less than 3k yet. and i really don't see a name brand kit going for less than that

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:04 AM   #5
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Lucky- I realize it wasn't intentional, but please stop advertising your business. You can PM Chief for info on advertising.

Personally, I think the FMAX kit is the best. It's the most complete (detonation and fuel management INCLUDED, which also allows you to safely run more boost than most other kits), and it uses the best components (Turbonetics turbo, Spearco intercooler, Tial deltagate). I've seen them as low as $3300 shipped. My second choice would be Rev-Hard, then DRAG.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 12:33 AM   #6
Honda530

go custom all the way. Its way cheaper and you can ge the parts you want. pm me if you want a list of things to buy, prices, and where from.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:14 AM   #7
turbowhat_n_dat

Personally I've had the chance to work on different kits, F-MAX, drag, revhard, greddy, home built, and my choice to work on is the F-MAX kit. It installs easily and has everything you need to get the ball rolling.

Now you have to realize that on my civic I run a F-MAX so I might agree with them more than others anyway. I'm currently running 9# normally and when I flip my little switch it goes to 12#. No detonation so far, no fuel problems, just a headgasket problem that I created (upgrade your thermostat to a higher temp. one), other than that the car has been pushing boost for over a year and works great,,,,oh all on stock internals.

But, all in all, I much prefer them cause of the ease of install and the ease to work on.

Peace,

G FLICK