::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #1
MaddScientist101

Car bogs out at 3,500....

Hey guys...I've been reading on the forums for a little while now and I just started having this problem with my car. Hopefully one of you can help me. I have a manual 1992 honda civic DX and when I'm driving it won't let me go past 3,500R rpm maybe one of you will no whats going on...Thanks any help is appriciated. Mike.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:16 PM   #2
blind34_1

what do you mean? what gear? You mean you start out in first and it won't go farther than 3500? or do you mean your in fifth? cause would be about right, for normal highway driving.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:19 PM   #3
oc civic

sounds like something is seriously wrong.. kicking the ecu into limp mode.. got any check engine lights... if so what cades....??
Old 12-07-2002, 11:19 PM   #4
MaddScientist101

Well the car will just bog out at 3,500 rpm in any gear it doesn't matter but it will let me change gears and keep going. And yeah the check engine is on i just haven't had a chance to get it checked out by anyone yet but I'm taking it in on Monday morning to get it checked out. And it's not a problem about driving it around like how it is but it's just no fun. When I have half of my rpm's left it's pointless in having a manual you know....But thanks to all that replied if anyone can get anything from this it would really help. I'll let you know what the mechanic says after I get it checked out. Mike
Old 12-07-2002, 11:32 PM   #5
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddScientist101
Well the car will just bog out at 3,500 rpm in any gear it doesn't matter but it will let me change gears and keep going. And yeah the check engine is on i just haven't had a chance to get it checked out by anyone yet but I'm taking it in on Monday morning to get it checked out. And it's not a problem about driving it around like how it is but it's just no fun. When I have half of my rpm's left it's pointless in having a manual you know....But thanks to all that replied if anyone can get anything from this it would really help. I'll let you know what the mechanic says after I get it checked out. Mike

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT TAKE CEL SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you a ****ign moron.. "its not a problem driving it around" HELLO the car is fucing tellign you NOT to drive it.. listen dipshit.. read the codes.. if you don't know how... then find someone who can.. i can only tell you how to read a 98 and its differant.. your car is TRYING to NOT let you drive it... but you are TOO dense to see that.. STOP driving the car
Old 12-07-2002, 11:58 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic

are you a ****ign moron.. "its not a problem driving it around" HELLO the car is fucing tellign you NOT to drive it.. listen dipshit.. read the codes.. if you don't know how... then find someone who can.. i can only tell you how to read a 98 and its differant.. your car is TRYING to NOT let you drive it... but you are TOO dense to see that.. STOP driving the car

Hey man, I agree 100%, but take it easy there.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:05 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

whoa man take it easy.

now for madscientist: the ecu is either bogged down, or the throttle position sensor is burnt. my car did the same thing when i forgot it disconected.

www.hondata.com/techecucodes.html

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:19 AM   #8
oc civic

everyone says calm down... just go re read his statement...

"the car wont go past 3500 adn the CEL is lit.. but its ok to drive.."

if youhaev HALF a brain it should be EASY to assess that it is NOT ok to drive...

i fidn ignoring check engine lights VERY annoying.. i mean VERY annoying..
Old 12-08-2002, 01:22 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
everyone says calm down... just go re read his statement...

"the car wont go past 3500 adn the CEL is lit.. but its ok to drive.."

if youhaev HALF a brain it should be EASY to assess that it is NOT ok to drive...

i fidn ignoring check engine lights VERY annoying.. i mean VERY annoying..

i agree with you, but not everyone is like you or me, that every single weird noise got to be fixed. some ppl just don't care as long the wheel turns. :o

Old 12-08-2002, 01:29 AM   #10
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
some ppl just don't care as long the wheel turns. :o

SO SO SO SO SO true

unfurtunately...

at least he didn't just unplug the CEL like SOME people lol..
Old 12-08-2002, 11:03 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

at least he didn't just unplug the CEL like SOME people lol..

lol. the dude that had my car before unpluged the seat belt light from mine. My moms car abs light is unpluged and needless to say when on wet or snow the car brakes like hell

Old 12-08-2002, 11:19 AM   #12
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
lol. the dude that had my car before unpluged the seat belt light from mine. My moms car abs light is unpluged and needless to say when on wet or snow the car brakes like hell

my SRS and Seatbelts are unplugged.. because i have harness's adn no airbags.. lol so they are irrelevant for me... they are not tellign me anything i dont already know.. lol

cars liek HEY your airbags ****ed up.. unplugging it is liek saying yeah i know its gone.. now shut up about it..
Old 12-08-2002, 11:24 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

LOL