::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
JDMFantasy2k

Boosted again

Boosted my civic again last night. I had taken off the turbo kit for emissions and also because i smoked the seals in my turbo. So now i have another turbo and threw it all together last night. The new turbo has a different flange, so i decided to re-do the whole set up, and it took me like 8 hours. Still gotta patch up a coolant leak (since this turbo is water cooled), and some exhaust hitting shift linkage issues. Plus i want to plumb the dump tube into the down pipe today if i get time. I'll post up pics later tonight, looks MUCH better than my first set up.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

Good job biiiatttcccchhh! Post pics and specs!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
JDMFantasy2k

Sorry this post took so long, i've been busy as fuck this week. The turbo is running great aside from when i had a lose wire on my obd conversion harness and my car ran like hammered shit ( the ckp sensor was lose, and when i touched the wire it broke). So i fixed that and things have been good. Only things left for me to do is re align my exhaust so it doesn't hit my shift linkage, make a catch can, and move my dump turbe so it doesn't continue to melt my intake, and plumb it into the downpipe. here's pics...

It's the same size turbo that i had last time (t3, .48 hot, .60 cold 60 trim), but this one is water cooled. I also put a lot of thought into the oil line set up which is composed of -4 and -3 AN lines with a 3 way fitting so i have my oil pressure hooked up and i have a restrictor to limit the oil flow. Plus my oil drain line on this set up is MUCH better so hopefully i won't smoke this turbo. All in all, it fuckin scoots. I'm running (what i think to be) 7 or 8 lbs of boost but my POS autometer boost gauge is out of calibration so i'm not entirely sure how much it is. I'd like to get it dyno tuned soon since i'm still running on my street tune from my old turbo. Also note the 3" cat, 2.5" flexie, and the Gangster 3" thermal catback

So how fast is it? Well i raced my buddy in his 06 Si, and i must say i wasn't impressed one bit. I can honestly say there is not one thing i like about that car. Today i raced my cuz in his 06 RSX-S, i took him by about 2-3 lengths from 60, and shut it down around 130

So yeah i forgot how quick it actually was, so now i'm gonna tone it down a little before i kill myself. I can't imagine what my B series will be like once i finish it Enjoy!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
sicones

nice setup man..

when you say the linkage is hitting the exhaust, when I converted my car to manual on the 99-00 the O2 sensor is in the middle of the cat and is stuck out exactly where the linkages go I diden't expect that at all, I still wonder why it was like that???

thats a carsound/magnaflow cat right???
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #5
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicones
nice setup man..

when you say the linkage is hitting the exhaust, when I converted my car to manual on the 99-00 the O2 sensor is in the middle of the cat and is stuck out exactly where the linkages go I diden't expect that at all, I still wonder why it was like that???

thats a carsound/magnaflow cat right???

yeah that was a stupid design on honda's part. However since i'm OBD1 now because of the p28, i don't have a secondary O2. So my 3" cat (or the exahsut) doesn't have a bung for it. Also my thermal exhaust does reach up towards the front of the car as far as the stock mid pipe does. Therefore my cat is actually about 6 (more or less) inches back from the stock location, and the downpipe takes up the rest of the slack. I just measured wrong and my exhaust is actually about 2 inches more to the left.

and yes it's a magnaflow cat, and i got it from summit for like 60 bucks
Old 07-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

If you were local, I would've made you a 3" DP and a smoother transitioned dump tube for free...... Seriously. Not many people these days do their own stuff. I guess that's good cuz they keep me in business.....

Good job bro. Keep up the good work!!!!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #7
JDMFantasy2k

i was almost going to go with a 3" DP, but i knew the 2.5 would just be easier to work with, and i reused the same pipe i had from my old configuration (which was a bunch of WTF). For the b16 i'll run 3 inch. But for now it sufficies, and i think today i'm going to straighten out the DP and then vent the dump tube into the DP.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #8
thermal
Banning Machine

Sounds like a plan. LMK if you need anything

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #9
JDMFantasy2k

actually i might need some ghetto turbo parts, a buddy of mine is doing a homemade ghetto built D series project and i might need some shit. I'll probably sell him my intercooler and get a new one, and sell him my turbo which he'll send out to be rebuilt, but i think he might need injectors and a wastegate and a manifold cheap if you could help out.

hey arnel what oil pressure are you running to your turbo? I'm at about 12 at idle, and 25-40 at full oil pressure, that's average right?

Last edited by JDMFantasy2k : 07-09-2006 at 03:47 PM.
JDMFantasy2k is offline   Reply With Quote