::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
aemfreak

Rebuild or Engine Swap..HELP

ok heres the scoop..ive got a 1993 honda del sol si...i was wondering if i should keep the stock motor...a 1.6 sohc non vtec 125 horse..and rebuild it..and get all the extras..aem short ram intake...dc sports header..greddy exhaust...every thing..then eventually get a jackson racing supercharger...the motor currently has 133,000 miles..but hey hondas go forever right? or should i do a b18 gsr motor swap..itll all be the same..might be faster with the stock motor though..once its all said and done..? iuno help me please
Old 07-20-2003, 11:54 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'd swap for the gsr if i were you. you get a bit of a better start base. ofcourse i don't know a lot about b and d series, but i think a hiher hp ratio to start with won't be bad. btw i can help you out with all the aem goodies tha you want for really low prices

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:23 AM   #3
aemfreak

yeah iknow that..i just would rather the rebuild..makes iuno things funnier..i aint looking for all speed..im looking for a flat out show car..Show..and go
Old 07-21-2003, 10:23 AM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

If your looking for all show, do a B series. They look better in the engine bay anyway. lol

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:09 AM   #5
GirlSolRacer

If you want faster, definitaley go with a B series. The options are endless. But if you aren't looking to be fast, stick with the non-vtec. They kinda suck unless you pour money into them, but they will work for a show car. Just add the intake, exhaust, and other bolt-ons and you will be okay. Just don't call it fast. It may be quick, but to get a sohc non vtec fast it takes rebuilding/replacing the pistons, cams, and a big list of things. And if you engine has that many miles on it, I don't know if I would supercharge it. It can be done, but it would be risky. There is a lot of up keep and regular maintenance that you cannot let slip. The best thing is to figure out what you want and then go from there. From the sounds of it, you've already decided show, so go for it and good luck!