::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2003, 10:35 AM   #1
GirlRacerSiK

Me Edition

Anyone know where I can find some pictures of the CRX with the ME EDITION wide body kit?? OR the CRX that is RWD with HUGE TIRES with the engine taking up the whole front end??? any pics post em or links would be very helpful!! THANK YOU!!
Old 07-13-2003, 02:19 PM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I've never heard of the ME edition.
Try searching around the internet.
As for the RWD NSX powered CRX. I haven't seen too many pics on it.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 03:58 PM   #3
Sol's Eye

I've never heard of the ME edition of the rex either. As for the rwd rex, I've seen a few of them in various magazines. Also hatchies and other civics converted to rwd. If you hit Google, I'm sure you can find quite a few.

On a similar note, I remember reading an article on a guy who converted a del Sol to mid-engine, rwd using the NSX engine as a base. Anyone else remember that one? I lost the link I had to it, and couldn't dig it up again.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:31 PM   #4
pbateson

What ME stand for?
Old 07-13-2003, 06:03 PM   #5
pimpinprelude

me
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:36 PM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Sol's Eye
I've never heard of the ME edition of the rex either. As for the rwd rex, I've seen a few of them in various magazines. Also hatchies and other civics converted to rwd. If you hit Google, I'm sure you can find quite a few.

On a similar note, I remember reading an article on a guy who converted a del Sol to mid-engine, rwd using the NSX engine as a base. Anyone else remember that one? I lost the link I had to it, and couldn't dig it up again.

Top Secret did it.
I don't think it was with an NSX engine though...let me check

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 07-16-2003, 02:18 AM   #7
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

The ME Edition was a special built car in Japan, it's also one of the cars you can win in the original grand turismo. It was a wide body rear engine rear drive del sol. I have an old article on one somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find it, and if I can I'll post pictures.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:18 AM   #8
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Also, ME stands for Mid Engine, I do remember that much.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:50 AM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Damn man. Can you find that article and scan it and post it on here.

Old 07-17-2003, 02:56 AM   #10
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

I have been looking through my old mags every time I get a chance.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:33 AM   #11
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

"The ME Edition widebody kit is actually available for Sols to purchase, but be sure you have a wad of cash to blow. I was in touch with the American distributer a while ago and this is the story

The kit is made from a company over in Europe, so it has to be shipped over. The kit alone is $8,200 and the wing is an extra $700. You are already at $8,900 without shipping. Figuring that it costs about $100 to ship a regular body kit from coast to coast in the US, international shipping has got to be much more than that. After you've paid for the kit and shipping, consider these factors

1: You will need a body shop that can install and paint this kit properly. It seems that many places have limited resources as far as good body shops go. I was told that this kit is not a bolt-on kit. There's some body modification needed, so this is not a job to trust to your local Earl Sheib shop. You'll want a good shop that does custom stuff. I'd guestimate that you're looking at around $1500 minimum to install the kit properly and around another $2000 or more to paint it.

2: Okay, you've got your widebody kit on, but now your aftermarket wheels and tires are inside the wheel well about five or six inches. Now you've got to go out and buy a set of extra wide wheels and tires. Most aftermarket companies don't even make the extra wide sizes and those that do charge a lot. Figure around $3000 minimum for a basic looking set of wide wheels and tires. If you were considering using spacers, you can only drive on one inch spacers, which will still leave your wheels way inside your wheel wells and it won't look very good. For shows, you could get a set of two inch spacers, but again, you're still not close to the width you need to have the wheels look right.

3: Alright, you've got your kit on and you got your extra wide tires and wheels. Remember that you've just added a lot of extra weight, so don't head straight for the racetrack. All that extra weight is gonna slow you down. The wheels alone would make a huge difference, but add all that extra kit weight and you've lost major HP.

If you've been keeping track, you are looking at around $15,400 just for your widebody kit, wheels and tires (without shipping from Europe). Figure on around $16,500 with shipping depending on where you live.

In the end, you'll have a one-of-a-kind Sol, but there's probably a reason for that. As far as I know, nobody in the US has purchased this kit and the only two that I am aware of are the black and red ones that are posted all over from Japan. If you have the pocketbook and nerve to attempt this modification, PLEASE be sure to email me and let me know what your total ended up being and send a couple pictures.

If you are considering this, you can contact Sam Chang at sam_c@sceptre.com PLEASE do not email him if you are not serious about buying this. I'm sure he doesn't want a hundred people just asking prices again. This was current pricing as of January 18, 2000.

Todd Huff
Pres. Team Sol"

www.teamdelsol.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me-ed-black.jpg (19.1 KB, 68 views)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #12
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

sorry site wont let me link img's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me-ed-black2.jpg (12.9 KB, 68 views)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 12:52 PM   #13
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol
I've never heard of the ME edition.
Try searching around the internet.
As for the RWD NSX powered CRX. I haven't seen too many pics on it.

Here is that RWD CRX NSX powered.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:08 AM   #14
SolPol

Any pics of the engine on that ME edition?
Old 07-26-2003, 05:11 AM   #15
SlowDelSol

I once saw a Del Sol online some where they called the Top Fuel Del Sol. It was in Japan and was rear engine like a b18c5 or h22, I think. It was crazy, but I wish I could find the pics again.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:35 AM   #16
DLo

Ahhh, RWD Rex, what a freakin blast that would be to drive.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:58 PM   #17
thelastsol
Parked

Here's the topfuel drag del sol. It's pretty pimp!

thelastsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 11:50 AM   #18
GirlSolRacer

Isn't that just beautiful???
I have seen the widebody kit for the crx, I'm just trying to remember where right now.... If I can find it I'll let you know. Has anyone seen the ME edition del sol? Bad. Looks like it's gonna run up and bite ya. Only bad thing is it'll cost you at least $10,000 to get it here in the US. No one here has it. It's in Europe I think. It's black, and very bad.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:16 PM   #19
thelastsol
Parked

I got to lookin around and found this article. It has some contact info.

The ME Edition widebody kit is actually available for Sols to purchase, but be sure you have a wad of cash to blow. I was in touch with the American distributer a while ago and this is the story

The kit is made from a company over in Europe, so it has to be shipped over. The kit alone is $8,200 and the wing is an extra $700. You are already at $8,900 without shipping. Figuring that it costs about $100 to ship a regular body kit from coast to coast in the US, international shipping has got to be much more than that. After you've paid for the kit and shipping, consider these factors

1: You will need a body shop that can install and paint this kit properly. It seems that many places have limited resources as far as good body shops go. I was told that this kit is not a bolt-on kit. There's some body modification needed, so this is not a job to trust to your local Earl Sheib shop. You'll want a good shop that does custom stuff. I'd guestimate that you're looking at around $1500 minimum to install the kit properly and around another $2000 or more to paint it.

2: Okay, you've got your widebody kit on, but now your aftermarket wheels and tires are inside the wheel well about five or six inches. Now you've got to go out and buy a set of extra wide wheels and tires. Most aftermarket companies don't even make the extra wide sizes and those that do charge a lot. Figure around $3000 minimum for a basic looking set of wide wheels and tires. If you were considering using spacers, you can only drive on one inch spacers, which will still leave your wheels way inside your wheel wells and it won't look very good. For shows, you could get a set of two inch spacers, but again, you're still not close to the width you need to have the wheels look right.

3: Alright, you've got your kit on and you got your extra wide tires and wheels. Remember that you've just added a lot of extra weight, so don't head straight for the racetrack. All that extra weight is gonna slow you down. The wheels alone would make a huge difference, but add all that extra kit weight and you've lost major HP.

If you've been keeping track, you are looking at around $15,400 just for your widebody kit, wheels and tires (without shipping from Europe). Figure on around $16,500 with shipping depending on where you live.

In the end, you'll have a one-of-a-kind Sol, but there's probably a reason for that. As far as I know, nobody in the US has purchased this kit and the only two that I am aware of are the black and red ones that are posted all over from Japan. If you have the pocketbook and nerve to attempt this modification, PLEASE be sure to email me and let me know what your total ended up being and send a couple pictures.

If you are considering this, you can contact Sam Chang at sam_c@sceptre.com PLEASE do not email him if you are not serious about buying this. I'm sure he doesn't want a hundred people just asking prices again. This was current pricing as of January 18, 2000

Last edited by thelastsol : 08-17-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:24 PM   #20
thelastsol
Parked

the pics aren't showing up, so here's the web site www.teamdelsol.com