.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2003, 08:52 AM   #1
IALuder

has anyone else had this problem

see i like this chick majorly. shes what i have been looking for i guess you can say. but i wont ask her out becuase of what my friends/people would say if i ask her out. she not popular, and can be annoying at times. that doesnt bother me tho. my friends think of her as a little goodie goodie who has no friends or life.

i want to ask her, but im more afriad of what people will think/say.

what would you guys do?
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

screw what ppl think/say. you are responsible for your own decisions. i mean listewn to their opinions and select what's good for you.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:08 AM   #3
IALuder

i know i know. but im all confused.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:27 AM   #4
DsBlu01CivEX

putting it bluntly...F*ck what other people say. Everyone has an opinion...but only you know what you want out of life and in the person that you want to be with. Your friends might think she's a goodie goodie with no friends and a tendency to be annoying, but that is just because they don't give her a chance and don't get to know the real her. If you like this girl, ask her out on a date. If you're that worried about your friends giving you a hard time, don't tell them. Ask her out, go out with her and see if you truely like her. Then if you think that it's going to become something long-term or what not, then tell your friends. If they truely are your friends, they'll support you know matter what. Trust me on that one. The last guy I dated, my friends didn't like, but they still supported me and were there for me when it ended. That's what true friends do.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:40 AM   #5
Wren57

I agree 100% with Ds

Definintly ask her on a date, after all, can't really hurt much if anything... and hey, if she really is a goody goody with no life, and you go out with her, you will be giving her a life, something to do, and I'm sure she will be appreciative
Old 12-05-2003, 11:35 AM   #6
IALuder

i will ask her today. she works when i do. i just have been holding back on this. i cant bring myself to ask her when i get the chance either. i choke and walk away before making an ass out of myself. dont want her thinking im scurd.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:28 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ok guys what is a goody goody.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:41 PM   #8
HndaTch627

if you are so insecure that you need your friends approval to date someone, well then you need to either grow up, or find new friends who are less judgemental
Old 12-05-2003, 12:52 PM   #9
SolPol

Yo man, I'd say if you are too worried what your friends think about you if you ask her out then you don't deserve her in the first place.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:49 PM   #10
Anotherslo1

JUST DO IT!!!! Most likely after you date a while your friends will become friends with her and everyone will be one BIG HAPPY FAMILY
Old 12-05-2003, 11:09 PM   #11
IALuder

well see what happens becuase i ask her out and she said yes.

Old 12-06-2003, 07:11 PM   #12
black95gs-t

Here is another of my I missed the whole discussion replies. You shouldn't care what anyone else thinks of you. They don't live your life. Why should they make the decisions in it then? You aren't asking them to date her, that is what you want to do. Look at me as an example. I am a Marine. More than that I am a Grunt. (Grunt=infantry=bullet sponge=you have to be insane to do this for a living) None of my friends read. I do. All of my friends are alcoholics. I'm damn near 22 and I don't even drink. All of my friends smoke. I don't. All of my friends are a bunch of violent, drunk, beligerent, abusive assholes. (note to self, get new friends) On top of all of that, I am Jewish!! Now seriously, how many Jew's do you know of in the military? Long story short, (well shorter than it could have been) Do what YOU want, when YOU want, because YOU want to do it. You will be much happier in the long run.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:53 AM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Actually...this exact thing happened to me...in a way...when I was in 8th grade (seems like another lifetime at this point). The roles were reversed though. This girl I was really good friends with asked me out and after thinking long and hard about it...mostly about what my friends would think, I turned her down. It may be important to mention this was the only girl I've met in my entire life who's ever asked ME out. To this day I regret that not only because I let others dictate my own actions but I never saw that girl again (and not for lack of trying). Bottom line...f@ck what anyone has to say about your life. If they're really your friends then they'll understand. Don't f@ck up what could be a great thing just cuz your friends might rip on you a little.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #14
IALuder

well after the first night together i really like her and wont let anyone change my mind. plus i dont need my friends approval to do anything. i was worried they would become complete assholes toward me and cuase problems.

she is really pist tho. becuase i joined the marines and she claims im going to shot and die. but hey its worth the money and benefits plus free college.

Old 12-07-2003, 02:10 PM   #15
spoogenet

She's already mad at you for joining the marines? Hehe, sounds like someone had a crush on you for a while too! Hahaha.

Glad to hear things are working out.

Friends are there to help, if they become a pain, they're not real friends. Good luck and I hope things keep going well.

b
Old 12-07-2003, 06:15 PM   #16
IALuder

thanks.

yea we had are first arguement. itll never be drop either.

Old 12-07-2003, 06:43 PM   #17
DsBlu01CivEX

I'm glad to hear that things went well (except for the Marines arguement) and I'd have to agree with B...sounds like she had an interest in you too.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:57 PM   #18
DumbMoFo

How old are you that what other people think really matters?

Being a Marine has great benefits, except if you are one of the unfortunate to lose your life. Good Luck.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:39 PM   #19
Importrepairguy

Unless your friends suck d*ck , bend over & crack a smile or have a p*ssy between their respective leggs then- f*ck em'! Who needs friends that determine what you do- be a f*ckin man and do what you want, you like her, then ask her out, if they can't respect that, then punch em in the mouth! That's what I'd do, but yet I wouldn't be in that situation anyway! Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2004, 08:37 AM   #20
TessJun

Good Luck and hope u have nothing but good fortune with her. Seriously screw what others say. They are judgemental and from the looks of it... if they were true friends, they would support most of what you do and not be cynical about something as who u have a crush on and be total a-holes about it. Seriously do what you gotta do for urself and no one else. WHen it comes down to it you gotta take care of "number 1"
Old 01-21-2004, 12:44 PM   #21
IALuder

its been 3 to 3.5 months now. going smooth. my friends are cool with me dating her. so i guess it was just the fear of rejection maybe.

oh well, were still together so who cares.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:01 PM   #22
ICUDOUCME

I have learned that freinds tend to look at what they want when thinking whats best for you as a freind of theirs. My best friend has this thing with talking to the girls that I date with for an hour or so away from me and his fiance to (get an idea of her intentions). Part of the reason he does this is I had a really really horrible break up a few years back. Oh well part of life. Just remember its your life and you gotta live it how you want to live it. As far as the marines go one of my good friends is a marine and I will give you a little piece of advice that he is always telling new recruits. Keep your head down and your ass even lower. And don't forget One Bullet, One Shot, One Kill. That is if your going to do the sniper thing.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hey ICU...you wouldn't happen to be....ummmmm...detained in Lansing would you? Hehe. Just that I've lived not 75 miles from Lansing for 15 years and never met anyone from there who didn't do time there.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:24 PM   #24
IALuder

sniping would be fun. but im not sure yet. i like demoliatons.

Old 01-24-2004, 04:20 PM   #25
Honda_Tengoku

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
putting it bluntly...F*ck what other people say. Everyone has an opinion...but only you know what you want out of life and in the person that you want to be with. Your friends might think she's a goodie goodie with no friends and a tendency to be annoying, but that is just because they don't give her a chance and don't get to know the real her. If you like this girl, ask her out on a date. If you're that worried about your friends giving you a hard time, don't tell them. Ask her out, go out with her and see if you truely like her. Then if you think that it's going to become something long-term or what not, then tell your friends. If they truely are your friends, they'll support you know matter what. Trust me on that one. The last guy I dated, my friends didn't like, but they still supported me and were there for me when it ended. That's what true friends do.

amen!!!

BTW I am an eagles fan too and it also pisses me off that they just lost!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:34 PM   #26
IALuder

lol.

Panthers Kick ass.

GO PANTHERS!