.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2003, 09:45 AM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

top 10 reasons guys don't call

10. Mental block
"If I was drunk, I might not really remember the person who goes along with the number," admits Bert, a banker in Newark, Delaware. "Or I might have lost it."

9. The list
"Some gents are building up their very own 'I'm Bored/In Case of Emergency' directory," says Rachel, an administrative secretary in Manhattan. "You won't hear from them in the next week or so, but you'll get a last-minute invitation to a party months later."

8. Burn unit
"I've had a few women give me wrong numbers," says Al, a professor at the University of Minnesota. "After a couple of burns, you wonder if this new woman's lying, too — and you'd rather not find out the hard way."

7. Social grace(less)
"Some men have no idea how to end a conversation tactfully," says Darlene, a Boston-based business reporter. "They ask for a number because they don't have the backbone just to say 'nice to meet you' and walk away."

6. Dream girls
"Sometimes, I don't call because I wake up the next morning thinking she's out of my league," admits Danny, a marketing executive in Houston. "I figure I'll save her the trouble of rejecting me by not calling. It's pretty pathetic, actually."

5. Improving the pool
"I get many numbers over the course of the evening, and then rate them," says Anthony, an attorney in New Iberia, Louisiana. "I'll call the one I like the best. But if she rejects me, I feel it's too late to call choices 2 and 3. So I just start over."

4. Instant gratification
"When we get your number, it's because we're interested in you at that time and place," says Roy, an entrepreneur in San Francisco. "But actually using the number means too much effort. Dinner, a date, which won't happen without many more calls and emails back and forth, then a second date... a third... and gosh, we don't even know if we really like you."

3. The uncertainty principle
"If I ask for your number or email, at best, I'm not certain I'm into you," notes Nigel, a radiologist in Durham, N.C. "If I really wanted to go out with you, I'd go ahead and ask for a date."

2. Vanity
"Some guys collect numbers for self-esteem," divulges Lawrence, a product designer in Los Angeles. "He has no intention of calling her — hell, he might not even like her — but he wants to see if she likes him."

1. Betting man
"Getting or giving digits is like dropping a quarter in a slot machine," says Ted, a writer in Las Vegas. "It may or may not pay off for either of you, but it's a harmless gamble and a bit of fun. What have you got to lose, other than the quarter?"

i just found this on my start page and i thought i'd post it here

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:17 PM   #2
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Re: top 10 reasons guys don't call

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
7. Social grace(less)
"Some men have no idea how to end a conversation tactfully," says Darlene, a Boston-based business reporter. "They ask for a number because they don't have the backbone just to say 'nice to meet you' and walk away."

This sounds exactly like the one episode of Friends where Chandler gets set up with Rachel's boss.

Thanks Stefan, that was very entertaining! I have such a better understanding now, hehe.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:31 PM   #3
DsBlu01CivEX

Number 11 must be that they're just too wussy to actually call the girl. I really can't give the guys like this too much sh!t cuz I'm sorta like that. I hate calling people!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:32 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

very insightful!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 04:08 PM   #5
spoogenet

#6 Corollary. Beer Goggles
"Sometimes, I don't call because I wake up the next morning, sober, realizing she's fugly," admits Danny, a marketing executive in Houston. "I figure I'll save myself the trouble of dating such a rejecting person by not calling. It's pretty pathetic, actually, that my beer goggles are that thick. Thank god for camera phones!"

b
Old 11-13-2003, 04:49 PM   #6
CD5Passion

^ lmao
good stuff stefan
Old 11-13-2003, 06:48 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i like the way #1 looks at it... all of em were good though

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:55 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

# 12 or they could be just like me, not like using the phone