.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2003, 01:25 AM   #1
darksol2005

man this sucks

alright, so me and this girl hit it off last weekend. we were spending all of our time together, and everything was so awesome. then tonight i called her and i could tells omething was wrong. i got home, and i started talking on the puter about how her parents found out about us, and that she can't see me anymore because i'm not white. i'm half and half, millato, oreo, whatever you wanna call it. this f***ing sucks.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:28 PM   #2
Grip72

are her rents racist or something?
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:41 PM   #3
darksol2005

yeah, they are almost the most racist people i've ever met. it's messed up
Old 09-14-2003, 08:46 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

well...unless she cares about disobeying her parents there really isnt much you can do...thats pretty shitty....
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I say screw her (though not as a verb). If she doesn't care enough to disregard what her parents think or tell her then maybe she isn't worth wasting your time on. Sounds like she's kinda weak willed and easily controlled...you really wanna be with a woman like that?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #6
Novtec1

now thats some ignorant s#!T.... i thought that palyed out back in the day...boy i tell ya some people have no clue do they........
Old 09-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

Ugh...that kinda sh!t pisses me right off. I have friends that are "oreos" as they affectionately call themselves and I'd be damned if my parents ever tried to tell me that I couldn't date them, but then again I'm all but 23 and can decide for myself who I want to date and who I don't. I could see if this girl is like 16 or something and her parents being controlling since she wouldn't be an adult then. It just sucks because of the reason her parents give. It's a shame that people still think like that.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:33 AM   #8
spoogenet

Sorry to hear that man. That blows.

It sucks that she's not willing to go against them, but at the same time I have a certain amount of respect for people who respect their parents wishes no matter how ridiculous they may be at times.

Hey, I bet your dad, or mom, could kick both her parents' asses! People like that piss me off.

b
Old 09-17-2003, 03:21 PM   #9
CivicChick

Re: man this sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by darksol2005
alright, so me and this girl hit it off last weekend. we were spending all of our time together, and everything was so awesome. then tonight i called her and i could tells omething was wrong. i got home, and i started talking on the puter about how her parents found out about us, and that she can't see me anymore because i'm not white. i'm half and half, millato, oreo, whatever you wanna call it. this f***ing sucks.

I am sorry... That sounds stupid though. Her parent's won't let you two see eachother because of your race??? I hate people like that, that stuff makes me soo upset.. People are people reguardless what nationality or race you. I am sure alot of people would agree right now with me on this one!!! If you two are happy together than I don't see the big deal or a problem with that! People are sooo mean and rude! My man is milato also, my mom had no problem with that at all.. I wouldn't see why not.. Her thing is as long as the guy that I am going out with treats me the way I should be treated she has no problem what nationality the guy is or what race he is!!! Well, Just wanted to put my opinion in .. After I read what you posted I had to make a comment on it! Well, down the road maybe things will change once her parent's know how much you like her, and how good you will treat her. I don't know though it seems like the girl's parent's already have their mind made up and it is pretty much over with!!! How old is the girl if u don't mind me asking ??? I wish you all the luck with this.. Something like this is rough to get over!!! Ight I'm out
Old 09-21-2003, 06:36 PM   #10
silver

i hope for her sake that she doesn't live the rest of her life in her parents shadow of beliefs.

if you really do like her and feel that it is mutual, you'll find a way around it, sooner or later she'll hopefully realize that life isn't about stupid things like ethnicities, just hope for you that it is sooner than later.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:31 PM   #11
Civgrl01

some parents can be so cruel..u cant help he u love/like..it jsut nature...i wish u the best of luck though
Old 09-25-2003, 02:11 PM   #12
MAXed Out
6th Gear

that blows man but it's life
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #13
Shot 2 Hel

jay's advice: see if you can try and get over it
Old 10-23-2003, 08:36 AM   #14
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Yeah, this type of sh*t really sucks. Unfortunately, racism is still alive and well. My ex was Mexican and my mother thought his nose was "too wide", I ended up marrying him years later, much to her delight. Now she really likes him and doesn't understand why we're divorced. There's really no pleasing people like that. If you're mature enough to handle what some would call a "mixed" realtionship and can handle those type of people, then more power to you. If she can't, well then there's not much I can say but to think about what you might be getting into. Seeing her parents every day when you go to pick her up, all the sh*t they'll give her everyday and the mess that it brings between them. Bottom line is that nothing you do will change their mind and if they want to control their daughter like that, they will. That's their daughter. It sounds to me like you're more mature at handling a realtionship, regardless of race, than she is. IMHO, you'd be better off forgetting her. Sorry. Ok. I'm off my soapbox now.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:13 AM   #15
mylittlecivic

my boyfriend is only 1/2 white, and nobody could change the way i feel about him. I wish people werent so stuffy. To me noone is black or white we're all different shades of brown. Ive never seen anyone thats White its just a bunch of bull

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote