.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2003, 12:51 AM   #1
dasica
1st Gear

Girls and Skater Boys

I'm not sure if this is only in my town, or if it's everywere else. But why do girls go for Skaters? Nothing aginst them, but I'll see a prefectly normal girl. And than boom holding hands with a skater type guy. (I hope I don't offend people, I have skater friends too) Are they taking place of bad boys or something?
Old 07-24-2003, 01:45 AM   #2
mylittlecivic

I think so. Since all the sudden there's all these kids wanting to be skaters because they think it makes them cool and unique or something i guess its 'the in thing' to do. I think it's pathetic people should be who they are not what they think makes them cool but i guess it gets the girls attention.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:06 AM   #3
zm_dawg

whats the skater type.....skating is a hobby for millions of people i don't see it as somethin that makes one boy or man more significant then the rest.....it's the same the as saying a guy with a crazy civic is going to get the girls.....actually it says the opposite for those girls that can flock to these types of guys.....girls and guys alike should like the opposite sex for the people they are on the inside and not these images that the others show themselves as being.......
Old 07-24-2003, 07:41 AM   #4
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Although the skater type guys aren't the only type of guys I'm attracted to, I think for me the reason I find some of them appealing is because they're image is completely opposite of mine. I'm mainly a mix of the Express, The Gap, The Limited and Old Navy. "Skater" guys have that "I just rolled out of bed and threw on some baggy pants with some vintage t-shirt and a pair of Vans" look. It's hard to explain, but somehow they can still look presentable and pull it off and girls still are attracted to them. I also find the same appeal with guys that have a Gideon Yago look going. (he's on MTV for those who don't know who I'm talking about) There's just something about Gideon.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:13 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Maybe a lot of it has to do with the guys attitude. Im mean seriously, how many "shy" skaters have you seen. Most are super out going, and will talk to just about anyone. So usually they arent lacking on confidence and really dont care about what else is going on in the world. Just a thought anyhow.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #6
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Maybe a generalization about the care free way they do the stunts they do, exibits a "devil-may-care" bad boy attitude that is what's attracting the ladies? Bad boys are bad boys and that will always have a "following" no matter what sport they do. Guys that work on cars/trucks/bikes, that have tattoos and work out are among part of the list of guy things that usually does it for me. Sometimes it's YOUR defination of what a bad boy is....
Old 07-24-2003, 12:42 PM   #7
ShagginJet

I don't know about this bad boy image thing. I guess I'm kind of one of those guys, which is funny cause I'm like thee nicest person. I do do some crazy shit and live a wild life here and there, but we're just normal peeps. I don't really like the type of people who have to use an image in order to be someone. I'm myself regardless of what others see me as or see in my.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:08 PM   #8
juvenile

In toronto, it's not the skater boys, it's the ginos for some strange reason. At some points, I really want to kick some of those people's asses! (I'm hating, it's just that they're sooo frontin' haha)
Old 07-24-2003, 02:12 PM   #9
guywithastang

those of us on the BMX side of X sports call them fruit-booters.

You say VTEC, I say V-8

Last edited by guywithastang : 07-24-2003 at 02:17 PM.
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:17 PM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i still consider myself a skater(been a while... might go out tonight actually to blow off some steam)... dont have girls after me i dont have an ultra outgoing personality unless you know me and im confortable around the people im with.... i guess i do it cause i enjoy it though... i give a **** less about the image or what people think about me though....

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:12 PM   #11
90civiclxryder

when i started skating girls stayed away from skate types, but now its cool and everyone wants to be a skater
Old 07-25-2003, 02:27 AM   #12
mylittlecivic

Quote:
i still consider myself a skater(been a while... might go out tonight actually to blow off some steam)... dont have girls after me i dont have an ultra outgoing personality unless you know me and im confortable around the people im with.... i guess i do it cause i enjoy it though... i give a **** less about the image or what people think about me though....

this is why i like (alot of) skaters (real skaters not the kind that just started it for the popularity) they're shy,sweet, down to earth and they can be themselves without caring what other people think of them.
Then some can be jerks who just do it to get attention and girls are attracted to their rebellious attitudes:o

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-25-2003, 03:56 AM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I think it's the shitty-dressing-don't-give-a-****-if-you-like-me-or-not-I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-so-I-could-smoke-a-joint-and-decided-to-hang-at-the-skate-park-cuz-I-don't-have-a-job thing that chicks like. I don't think the "bad boy" thing does it for most girls anymore...perhaps they've learned better (though I doubt it). Now they all want the lazy guys. Go figure.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 12:04 PM   #14
dasica
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
In toronto, it's not the skater boys, it's the ginos for some strange reason. At some points, I really want to kick some of those people's asses! (I'm hating, it's just that they're sooo frontin' haha)

Man don't get me started on that. They give decent guys bad name. My Grandparents are from France, my dads family is from Italy. So people assume stuff about me, like I'm a** hole. Not all "ginos" are the same. These guys don't represent what a descent man (I, Italian and everyman) would do. So base judgment on there actions than kick there a** when they deserve it.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:14 PM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I think by "Ginos" he meant those gold chain-wearing, IROC driving, black greasy hair, tough guy wannabe kind of folks...Italian or not. There's a lot of guys around here like that (how they ended up in Kansas I'll never know ) and I think maybe 1 out of 10 are actually Italian.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 07-25-2003, 06:20 PM   #16
ShagginJet

How about the i-have-no-job-no-clean-clothes-live-with-mom-and-dad-have-no-car-not-in-school-just-a-bum-going-no-where-in-life type of skater, cause i even see some hot chicks with these fools.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 11:18 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

^^^I think you've captured the essence of the skater kid pretty well. Thumbs up.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:26 AM   #18
mylittlecivic

yeah now go diss on someone else

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-26-2003, 01:15 AM   #19
dasica
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I think by "Ginos" he meant those gold chain-wearing, IROC driving, black greasy hair, tough guy wannabe kind of folks...Italian or not. There's a lot of guys around here like that (how they ended up in Kansas I'll never know ) and I think maybe 1 out of 10 are actually Italian.

Around were I live it's like 6 out of 10. The rest are fake tan wanna be's. And they drive done up sunfires and caveliers b/c they spend too much money on the gold chains
Old 08-03-2003, 10:55 AM   #20
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

Lmao. Yeah a lot of people ask if i skate and it pisses me off. I wear baggy pants and dont care about much, but i dont skate and dont claim to. Maybe i should just give in and go by some Adidas and American Eagle.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:57 AM   #21
GirlRacer

This is a confusing question. See, my last b/f was exactly this type, baggy clothes, never without a beanie, van type shoes, t-shirts from good will, and I thought he was adorable. He had no job, always drove Honda Hatches with HUGE engine, which I had no idea where they came from, hence the no job thing...

I dunno-but I just got really tired of him not ever having money, not taking me anywhere, bashing on my preppier male friends... it just started to suck after awhile. I'd go to work for my 8-5 and come home and he was sitting on the floor with an empty (minus the crumbs) plate beside him, a glass of pop, and playing nintendo on the floor and had been all day. It was just kind of irritating.

I like skater types VERY MUCH, but I make sure they at least do SOMETHING now.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:03 AM   #22
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

lmao. I have a job ! woot
Old 08-03-2003, 11:05 AM   #23
GirlRacer

good, don't ever turn into the person described above. NOT attractive.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:42 AM   #24
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
I think it's the shitty-dressing-don't-give-a-****-if-you-like-me-or-not-I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-so-I-could-smoke-a-joint-and-decided-to-hang-at-the-skate-park-cuz-I-don't-have-a-job thing that chicks like............

lol
---------------------------------
Here's my 2 Lincoln on this:
I think that it's just a "stage" that girls/females go through.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 09:31 PM   #25
accord03

look here eh! ive been skating and surfing since i was four. word of advice, don't judge a book by its cover! everyone has there own unique personalities and...... what the hell am i doing im slipping into dork zone i thought this was a car forum? i blame avril for this!!!!! im not really mad
Old 08-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #26
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

Yeah. Kinda like how i like asian girls...
Old 08-18-2003, 06:14 PM   #27
imports_only98

see..i usually go for really laid back guys...i hate drama. and it usually turns out that those laid back type of guys end up being the skater/bmx/punk type. but im into that. i think its adorable. i like guys that are impulsive and goofy. all the guys i know that are into this are just that. its all about personality...who cares what they look like??
Old 08-20-2003, 06:24 PM   #28
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaved &/or Laid
Yeah. Kinda like how i like asian girls...

Hells yes

Hey Imports Only98....nice choice on the avatar

Old 08-21-2003, 05:28 PM   #29
imports_only98

Quote:
Hells yes

Hey Imports Only98....nice choice on the avatar

aww rawk on...TBS owns me!!
Old 08-23-2003, 08:01 PM   #30
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by imports_only98
its all about personality...who cares what they look like??

Man...how many times have I heard a woman say that and then go straight for the leather wearing alcoholic? I'm not saying that YOU don't mean it...but I think the fact that 90% of so-so looking guys with cool personalities aren't getting laid speaks for itself.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:22 PM   #31
imports_only98

you're hangin with the wrong kind of chicks then. I meant what I said.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:53 PM   #32
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hey now...I hang with all kindsa chicks (except the dumb ones). It's just kinda curious that all these chicks tell me I'm funny and, by way of logic since sense of humor always ranks so high in your little lady's polls, I should be getting laid hand over fist. Though that's certainly not my main concern, it speaks volumes about honesty in dating. Booyah.

Old 08-27-2003, 04:15 PM   #33
zm_dawg

this is a crazy stereotyped thread......skater type...does this mean a guy that skateboards...or skateboard clothes....or just doesn't give a sh*it....i skated for years...still wear a lot of the same clothes and shoes....but i'm not scared to wear some more casual AF or AE clothes to ruin my "image".....
Old 01-08-2004, 12:55 AM   #34
pricelessguy

Quote:
Originally posted by ShagginJet
How about the i-have-no-job-no-clean-clothes-live-with-mom-and-dad-have-no-car-not-in-school-just-a-bum-going-no-where-in-life type of skater, cause i even see some hot chicks with these fools.

I agree every kid at my school who is a skater is the exact same way. It gets worst one of the smartest and hottest chicks at my school is goin out with the dumbest skater who has absolutly no chance of makin anything of himself.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:23 AM   #35
silver

so you're the one bringing back these old threads huh?
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:34 AM   #36
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

No shit...what up with re-hashing all of these old threads? If I were a moderator (hint hint), I'd take a lot of these threads out to pasture and shoot 'em in the head.

Old 01-08-2004, 03:40 AM   #37
pricelessguy

No i just replied 2 to of them so settle down
Old 01-08-2004, 04:43 AM   #38
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by pricelessguy
No i just replied 2 to of them so settle down

we're just being dramatic due to the lack of drama...??? that didn't sound very smoothe.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:02 PM   #39
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

haha i saw this thread and though wtf... kinda old. anyways.. im not gonna lock it, if it stays on top, it stays on top, if it falls again, then its prolly gonna stay dead.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #40
Honda_Tengoku

Re: Girls and Skater Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by dasica
I'm not sure if this is only in my town, or if it's everywere else. But why do girls go for Skaters? Nothing aginst them, but I'll see a prefectly normal girl. And than boom holding hands with a skater type guy. (I hope I don't offend people, I have skater friends too) Are they taking place of bad boys or something?

its that damn song by Avril Lavigne thats got everyone hipnotized. Its screwing everyone up! At last someone has found the answer!!!!

die Avril die b$tch!