.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2003, 01:28 PM   #1
VR4_Craver
Banned

So now what?

I dont know what to do now.....This girl i dated off and on for 6 years that i still work with and go to school with came to work today and we started talking. I will let you know now i am very jealous person with my girlfriends. Not a possesive jealous like i dont care that she went to some guys house and went to a party with friends cause i totally trusted her. its a jealous thing that if I ever found out she cheated on me or saw some guy touching or flirting with her (grabbing or trying to kiss her) i wouldnt take it lightly.Never could i bring myself to hit her though so im not abusive. Well this time i broke up with her about a month ago and weve talked and "hung out" a few times. I still love her with all my heart and today she cofessed to me that she dont like her boyfriend and the whole christmas thing made her realize this. Thie is the first christmas in 6 years we havent been together.... On top of this her mom tells her how she dont want her going around with her boyfriend. And that her mom misses me and dont like being at the house without me there.And it seemed like everytime we talked it ended in a fight. One fight got way out of hand and we both said things that shouldnt have been said. Mainly her though. She was saying the hurtfull things and i was saying the true things about her boyfriend. today i also told her that she needs to step back and reavaluate her life and call me when she gets things back in order. Now i know a few things have been said that people shouldnt have said and i handled those asap. Now i have been also eyeing this girl that i work with and want to ask her out but now that my ex is around again i dont know what to do with it....
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 05:23 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

If it's meant to, then you and your -ex- will be together. ...sorry, that is all I can tell you since I'm not there to see what really is going on.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 06:45 PM   #3
ohiochica

as hard as this is to swallow, i say it is time to move on, if you tried for 6 years to make it truly work then you have given your all and it just is not going to work no matter how much energy you put into it.

i ended a 5 year relationship a year ago and i will admit i still miss him alot and he is teh first person i want to run to when life gets hard, but i also realize we put all of our heart into making it work and we couldnt, so it is time to move on.

yes i have met a great guy and am amazed at what life can be like when you are truly happy and emotionally bonded. (cant say the "L" word just yet)

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 08:09 PM   #4
VR4_Craver
Banned

I understand what both of you guys are saying....we didnt try to make it work it was working fine for like 3 years. I dont know maybe this is just what it was meant to be like..... Sooner or later things will work out right?

LOL no "L" bomb yet ohiochica
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:37 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

browse but don't settle

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:14 AM   #6
ohiochica

stefan hush, what do you know about browsing, mr. i pee my pants at the sight of a girl.

lol just kiddin hon, i had to pick on someone so you were my target cuz i love ya.

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:50 AM   #7
MAXed Out
6th Gear

I would hook up with the chick at work and after u get tired of her go back to your ex Be a playa and make her feel bad.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 04:57 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I think he was saying he works with the ex...one in the same.

But I totally agree with ohiochica...you gave it a good run (I've never had a relationship longer than 6 months so 6 years seems insane to me) and it didn't work. Plus those on-again-off-again relationships rarely ever turn out well. The fact that yo keep breaking up and getting back together either says you're both too fickle or you're just too volatile to be together in the long term. I'd say it's time to fish or cut bait. Either make a plan and commitment to YOURSELF that you'll give it the old college try and not b!tch out when shit gets hard OR just walk away and know you'll still be friends.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 05:09 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

dammit... that's what I wanted to say. I just didnt want you to feel bad. I say explore your options and if it was meant to be, it will happen.....

I'm the same way, "we" mutually ended our relationship after being together for 6 years. To my suprise, we get along better now. She is still defensive about a lot of things, but I think that's just what females do. None of us are seeing anybody else. Just both trying to get our lives back on the path that we want....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-29-2003, 05:15 PM   #10
VR4_Craver
Banned

Dont you guys and girls hate when people hear you and your boy/girl friend break up and they say...and it never fails. "Did you break up on good terms?" Wtf? I wasnt aware that you could have a good break up. I understand there is Mutual but never had a good term one.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:26 PM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

^that's when you know that you've grown up. A good break up does happen. Dont get confused with heartache and bad terms. Of course it was hard and painful. But we both knew it was for the better....

I cant sit here and lecture you on what you need to do. I dont have the right to do that since I cant really put myself in your situation. Follow your heart man.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-30-2003, 07:46 AM   #12
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Hear hear! I agree. 6 years is too long NOT to know if the relationship is right or not. It's time to do things for yourself now. Ever heard the expression, "Watch out for number one or you'll step in number two." It's almost become my mantra.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:48 PM   #13
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackWolf
"Watch out for number one or you'll step in number two."

Well i listened to you guys....didnt ask that other girl at work out though. Didnt have to. Got a call from one of my friends and said her friend wants to "go out" sometime. got a date next friday. Wish me luck! Im gonna ask to pimp the lexus rx300 for. damn that ricer exhast
Old 01-02-2004, 01:20 AM   #14
thermal
Banning Machine

goodluck

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-02-2004, 02:39 AM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Completely OT, but please bare with me.

Hey Thermalfi'd...I was meaning to ask you if you know where I can get my hands on some literature regarding adiabatic theory that perhaps isn't limited to the military. I've asked all of my professors (even my physics proffesor) and they all stare at me like a dog that's just been shown a card trick. Any thoughts?

Didn't mean to hijack the thread...just saw thermal and figured I'd ask while he was here.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote