.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #1
Shot 2 Hel

Issues i guess you could say

Lets see how to start this

I met this girl through a friend of mine a while back, we hit it off pretty well and whatnot. Then we start talking more through AIM and become pretty good friends. As you all can figure for it being posted in this forum that i started to fall for her... go figure. I guess the feelings between us eventually become mutual. So I keep asking her to do things together. It seems that everytime i ask to do something though, she is always busy.
Some of you that may know me outside of HS I didnt think much of it. Just went on my merry way. Then i finally get the nerve to ask her to my high school christmas dance/social thingy. She says yes and everything is okey dokey. Then last night when i called her she said that her mom wouldent let her go, because I'm 16 and have a car. So right now I'm sitting here thinking well **** now i gotta find a new date. Plus her mom wont let us go out on dates or anything like that.

As i posted in the why guys dont call thread, I'm not a real big phone person. I actually hate calling people unless it is to say something that needs to be said or to make plans. For some reason, who knows why I just feel the need to call her. I cant get her off my mind, and it's driving me insane.

Her parents are separated, and her dad is cool with me (dosent that seem odd, its normally the other way around). But she dosent live with her dad most of the time and only goes over there every other weekend.

So here is the question, should i go for it and just wait for every other weekend to come when we MIGHT be able to do something together, or just cut off "pursuit". I know the common answer will be "well its up to you and just follow what you think is right." But I want to hear what you guys would do if you were in my situation.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:08 AM   #2
mylittlecivic

wow you're only 16?

I dunno waht to say but that if she is really special to you then you should try to stick it out and maybe her mom might ease up a bit.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 12:46 PM   #3
Shot 2 Hel

yup only 16, i bet you all thought i was older
Old 11-22-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
Loki

Yeah I thought you were older.

Anyway I would try the every other weekend thing and then maybe after a while her mom will warm up to you.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:24 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hmmm...go over and kick her mom in the throat. Hehehe. No...seriously...do it.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:41 AM   #6
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Hmmm...go over and kick her mom in the throat. Hehehe. No...seriously...do it.

I'm with this guy.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:50 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Well you could always have a talk with her mom, but that could suck big ones.

If your only 16, how old is this chick? What about you just stay friends, seek other possibilities and see what happens in the future.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:55 AM   #8
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Well you could always have a talk with her mom, but that could suck big ones.

If your only 16, how old is this chick? What about you just stay friends, seek other possibilities and see what happens in the future.

Who wants to do that? Being "friends" with a girl you like sucks rocks. Not to mention it's not really possible because you aren't truly "friends." There's that piece of you that wants/needs more.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #9
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Hmm, touchy. Could you find out more from the girl as to why the mom doesn't like you? Sounds like some info might be missing. How much younger is she than you? From the beginning, it sounds like she was trying to get you dis-interested by blowing you off on possible dates before so something is going on, just don't know what yet. Depending on whatever reason it may be, prepare yourself for possibly letting go of the "pursuit". She may be ok with dealing with it but mom won't and you would still have to deal with her, every other weekend. IHMO, the only reason she gave you (or that you wrote) is that you're 16 and have a car? That's a pretty lame excuse and also I don't like the way she's putting everything off on mom. Mom may BE like that, we don't know, but the girl needs to give you the real reason(s). Sorry to be so blunt, it's too early and I haven't had enough coffee yet.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:04 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Blackwolf seems to have hit the nail on the head. Take it from a guy who knows a thing or two about being put off and lame excuses (man...that doesn't make me sound good, does it?). She gave you the run around and then when you finally get your foot in the door she pawns everything off on mom because she knows you're not going to approach her mom about it. I'll bet if you actually DID have a word with mom you'll find she knows little or nothing about the whole situation. Unless this girl is like 13 or 14 (which would make you kinda sick), very few moms are gonna forbid their daughters from dating a guy just because he's got a car and is a year older. Pursue her at your own risk but you better be ready to cut this one lose. better to put one is the "loss" column than lie to yourself about what's really going on.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 08:02 PM   #11
Shot 2 Hel

she is gonna be 15 in a few months, and her mom set up that no dating thing until your 16 bullshit... who knows
Old 11-25-2003, 07:46 AM   #12
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

I'd still let it go bro. Sounds like the beginnings of a full blown drama you don't need and besides she's still only 14.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:02 PM   #13
IALuder

been there done that. just let her go and be friends and try agian later. get to know her alot more and become friends with her mom. talk to her and there. just dont be blunt and make her mad.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 05:01 PM   #14
Shot 2 Hel

thats what i think im gonna do