.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2003, 10:50 PM   #1
DsBlu01CivEX

We all do it....

Ok...I decided to start a new thread as to not "whore up" GT's thread, but this one and his sorta go hand-in-hand. The basis of this thread stem from some comments made by people that posted in his thread.

You guys all say that you're sick of hearing girls say that "looks don't matter" and that they just want a guy that has a good sense of humor, listens to them, blah blah blah...all the stuff that girls always list. My advice to you is to stop looking for girls, look for women. Women are the ones that want the guys that have the good sense of humor and what not and will actually give the "average joe" a chance. Girls are still hung up on looks. And sure I'll admit that looks matter somewhat to a relationship...I feel that there has to be some level of physical attraction to make a relationship healthy. But you gentlemen have a way of saying that you want girls that are smart, witty, what-not...and then go after the ditzy barbie doll looking girls. It's human nature I guess to go after looks because that's what you see first.

As we get older, different things become important to us. I just think people my age have a tendancy to stress because when our parents were our age, they were for the most part married and having children by now. So we all think that that's how we should be too. Fortunately we live in a different world now. One where it is ok to be 23 and single. So why stress because you haven't found a significant other yet. You have plenty of time for that. Live it up while you can. Work on some of you life goals that you can't do when you have a family to support.

I think Spooge said it best when she said that a lot of women are looking for men to change. This is mostly true. Not all women do this, but a lot do. These are the women that try to make excuses for their man that is treating them poorly. The women that don't do this are the ones that are truely happy in their relationship and so is the man, or these are the girls that are single. But sorry guys...I can offer up no solution as to why we females do this. Anyone have any ideas on any of this?

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
Wren57

Well yes, looks DO matter in a relationship... anyone who says otherwise doesn't have an attractive mate... the inner reason for this is biological... for women, this is what each attribute says about her...

good skin/hair- healthy and well-kept
good hips/body- good for child birth
good breasts- good for breast-feeding

so everyone, there IS a method behind the madness This works the same way with guys...

young/muscular- good protection for family
rich- same thing
big penis- strong sperm, reproduce well

these are just some physical attributes that trigger biological responses from the oppositte sex of attraction to mate... to want to SPEND TIME with someone requires a completely different set of qualities, hence the good sense of humor, smart, etc. Guys have a biological urge to have sex with many women, to "sow their oats" so to speak, because when inside the Vagina, sperm from different men will fight, and the stronger/better sperm will when, making the baby smarter/stronger/etc which is evolution...
Old 11-13-2003, 05:03 PM   #3
CD5Passion

Professor Highlander is right, no matter what anyone ever says looks do matter, it just depends on what that person may be "looking" for. a certain person has a certain figure he/she is attracted to and will act upon that desire when looking for a mate. It seems alot of guys will aim for those who are beautiful, at least according to TV and other media, because they want to show off "their" woman like a car or something.

I personally, though, would not be able to date someone who is caught up in appearance, like the need to have a Gucci bag or something, that just sickens me. I need someone who is healthy, fit, and for the most part fun to be with. I couldn't be with someone with the personality of a brick.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:39 AM   #4
juvenile

LoL, wren did you get your degree in womanology or something?
And I thought Spooge was a guy? wtf?
Honeslty, I am soon going to create a thread as I'm in one of those shitty moods myself, so I won't ruin this thread further lol
Old 11-14-2003, 02:50 AM   #5
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

No, I just know what they like and why... its what you need to know, in order to give them what they really want...
Old 11-14-2003, 07:47 AM   #6
spoogenet

Quote:
And I thought Spooge was a guy? wtf?
Honeslty, I am soon going to create a thread as I'm in one of those shitty moods myself, so I won't ruin this thread further lol

I am a guy. Where did you get the idea I'm not?

Anybody who says looks don't matter is lying or seriously bending the truth. That ought to be pretty obvious to everybody by now.

It's a simple fact that young people have no clue what they really want. It's also true that the priorities in life for a young person are very different from their elders. It's all just part of growing up. A trophy g/f or b/f is valued much more than deep companionship and intimacy at a younger age.

The difference is that some people grow up faster than others, and some folks never seem to grow up.

Highlander: Where did you come up with the link between member size and strength of sperm?

There definitely is biology and human nature behind what many people attribute to human habit. I'm sure a number of people here have seen the Discovery Channel show on beauty throughout the world. The one where they drew silhouettes of varying female figures and went around the world asking people which one they liked and why.

Basically most men picked the same figure, they just had varying reasons. The Western men would have reasons such as "because she's hot" or something ridiculous. Some of the other cultures would have the reason "because she looks like she can bear more children."

Procreation is the root of beauty. Of course over the times the definition of beauty changes depending on the culture. For whatever reasons, and I don't know, but currently I think most people would say tanned women are considered more beautiful than fair skinned. However over in merry ole England quite a few years back, fair skinned and plump was considered more beautiful. Well-fed and didn't work outside.....basically I guess the guys were looking for sugar mommas or something.

Gotta work.

b
Old 11-15-2003, 12:32 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think all it matter in a relationship is a balance of the things said above: looks, personality, respect, sex. It's not like you pick the looks and you are happy with it unless you are very shallow. and if you meet someone (i.e. in a bar) you don;t start talking to them first because of the great personailt he/she has, it's because of his/her looks. i am too wasted to continue but i will make a worhtwile post tommorrow when i sober up. :o

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:03 PM   #8
juvenile

Spooge...quoted from D's part of the thread "I think Spooge said it best when she said that..." Last paragraph I believe. That's what I was reffering to.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:31 AM   #9
spoogenet

Quote:
Spooge...quoted from D's part of the thread "I think Spooge said it best when she said that..." Last paragraph I believe. That's what I was reffering to.

Hehe....oops....knowing that I'm a guy I read it as "he" not "she".

Hey D......I think it's time we had a little talk!

b
Old 11-19-2003, 05:41 PM   #10
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
Hehe....oops....knowing that I'm a guy I read it as "he" not "she".

Hey D......I think it's time we had a little talk!

b
SORRY!!!! It's amazing how 1 little typo could make that big of a difference. I even reread that to make sure I didn't have any mistakes. I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to call you a girl

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 03:12 PM   #11
spoogenet

Heh....no problem. It's kinda funny actually, because I wear dresses, carry a purse, use lipstick, and have long curly hair that comes to the middle of my back.

b
Old 11-21-2003, 01:33 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hey...I wouldn't mind my thread being all whored up...so long as it's all relevent. Here's my take...I do agree with the whole "don't look for a girl, look for a woman" thing. But here's my issue. I (like many others here) am in college...the only women around here are professors and that's just wrong wrong wrong (here's to you Mrs. Robinson). If girls don't know what they want they shouldn't be out there looking for it (a bit of an oxy moron...looking for something when you don't know what you're looking for). And sure...looks matter...anyone who says different is selling something (thank you Princess Bride ). Here's my beef: I'm 22 years old and can tell you exactly what I want in a female companion and won't compromise in the name of a meaningless relationship and/or sex...is that too much to ask of my female counterparts? I've never dated a girl just because she was hot or had a nice body or was good in bed or whatever but know plenty of females who can't say the same thing (this goes for guys as well but to a lesser extent) When you reach 20 or so I'd say you've had plenty of time to f@ck around and play the field and you've got a pretty good handle on your sexual and emotional identity. My point was that many women/girls say they want one thing yet habitually date another. Many times over the years I've had hardcore feelings for girls who, in retrospect, said they wanted a guy exactly like me (as far as qualities go)...they just didn't want me. Then they end up in nowhere relationships and come complain to me they wish they could meet a guy like me. Well...WHO THE F@CK IS MORE LIKE ME THAN ME?!? Now...I'd like to think I'm not a horribly unattractive guy...I'm no GQ cover model...but I'm not the hunchback of Notre Dame (aside from my slight physical abnormality what with the shorter arms and all). So what gives? I believe that many girls/women can be a little TOO hung up on looks. This isn't solely specific to women, but I find it's more prevelent with them. Maybe I just hang out with a bunch of freaks who actually care what people have to say and what they're about more than what they look like or how they can f@ck. But hey...what do I know...it's been so long since I got laid I'm starting to wonder if they've changed it. As per usual...it's just my $0.02.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:32 PM   #13
spoogenet

I'm 25 and unfortunately I must say I've barely played the field and am starting to question whether I truly know what I want in a woman or not. Seems to me the ones I find that I think are great I end up having major issues with in some manner or another......longest relationship...6 months.

But I know exactly what you're talking about. I've gotten that stuff before too. I can understand the whole "I love you like a brother" thing, but I've seen good guys get treated like shit by girls who I would have suspected of being good girls, the girls who sit around and b*tch there aren't any good guys left. They had the good guy, treated him like shit, then went out for the asshole and ended up b*tching that there aren't good guys. What gives?

I'm starting to believe that I won't meet a woman under 30, and even then it's a stretch whether I'd be able to get along with her. I think I'm just incompatible with females or something. haha....sad but true.

It's hard to be the good guy all the time, and I'm finding it harder and harder to be the good guy. Then again, I barely interact with females these days anyways.....

b