.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
Shot 2 Hel

Smoking

So what do you guys think about smoking. Like with your signifigant other? Personally i dont care, cause then i would be hippocritical. IMO if they wanna smoke have fun, as long as they dont ***** about me doing it too
Old 08-10-2003, 04:38 PM   #2
vtracer20

for me it depends on pot or cigs, i dont like girls that smoke sigs....but i also dont like girls that are pot heads, they can smoke pot a little...like once in a while but no cigs...that a major turn OFF in my book....my .02
Old 08-11-2003, 12:18 AM   #3
Shot 2 Hel

i meant cigs
Old 08-11-2003, 02:10 AM   #4
mylittlecivic

I dont like cigarettes they make me ill but i think i wold deal with it as long as he didnt do it in front of me and tried to keep his clothes/ect. cleaner:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:53 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I cant stand cigarettes, and I would not ever date anyone that smokes. To me its a completely disgusting habit that I can not stand. If I were to date/marry someone that smoked then the relationship would be complete crap because we would not get along at all.

But Im married now, so Im not to worry about it.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:07 AM   #6
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

I used to smoke daily for about two years a long time ago and then quit on a bet. Haven't picked up the habit again but I do have only one or two when I go out drinking. Funny thing is now I can't stand the smell unless I've been drinking then it smells pretty good. Weird huh??
Old 08-11-2003, 09:47 AM   #7
spoogenet

Major turn off. To clarify....I don't have a problem with occasional smoking, like the "social smoker" thing....I smoke the occasional stogie or cig here or there, but it's very rare.....and I never actually inhale (no, I'm not a Clinton). And I wouldn't mind a girl doing it here or there....but other than that, no. I wouldn't want a girl who's addicted, and a lot of attractive girls immediately look nasty when I see them smoking.

b
Old 08-11-2003, 09:51 AM   #8
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I don't smoke and I'd prefer my guy not to smoke either, but if we met and I didn't know he did and our relationship got serious I wouldn't expect him to quit just for me. That's something he has to do on his own terms. I would hope though that he would have the courtesy to not smoke while in front of me or before being with me so that he doesn't smell of smoke or taste like an ashtray.

I swear though, everywhere I go everyone smokes! What is the deal?!! Am I missing something?!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:09 PM   #9
Gulftech

I've smoked for 25 years. I don't smoke in the house or around my kids. To be honest, I'd probably do about anything to quit - Just weak
Old 08-12-2003, 10:46 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i don't think i'd mind the smoke, but then again i am a heavy smoker and can't help myself. i am up to 2 packs a day now

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 01:13 PM   #11
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
heh, i don't think i'd mind the smoke, but then again i am a heavy smoker and can't help myself. i am up to 2 packs a day now

Geez Stefan! :o
Old 08-12-2003, 01:37 PM   #12
ShagginJet

^^ seriously not good.

I don't like the smell, taste, trash, etc from smoking. I've dated several girls who smoked. Most of them quit cause they knew i didn't like it. One told me she did but I could taste it when we'd kiss. That's nasty. If your mouth taste like a cig, nasty.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:08 PM   #13
DsBlu01CivEX

If I meet a guy and am interested in him and then I find out he smokes, then I'm not really going to give up a potentially good thing just cuz of a nasty habit. I would let him know how I feel about him smoking in front of me though. I don't want to be kissin something that tastes like an ash tray nor do I want myself or him smellin like we're all the time at a dimly lit biker bar either. I will have the occassional cigarette....but really all it is is a test to see if I'm drunk or not. If I'm offered one and take it, then I know that I'm drunk.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:23 PM   #14
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

flat out: if I see a girl that is smoking, its instantly a turn-off; no matter what I thought before
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:32 PM   #15
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

nicorette can help haha
Old 08-17-2003, 08:49 AM   #16
Numbstruck

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
if I see a girl that is smoking, its instantly a turn-off; no matter what I thought before

ditto
Old 08-26-2003, 10:26 AM   #17
pbateson

I dun want to smoke cuz it's going to be ruined on my health and make a mess inside the car. Also, it dangerous on your health for the smoke.

My stepdad used to be smoke for a long time and he stop smoking.

I dun want the girl to begin to smoke otherwise if I kiss the girl with smoke it a nasty on her mouth. :o

Smoking is all bad also not allowed on the plane for smoke.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #18
zm_dawg

i smoke
Old 08-27-2003, 08:09 PM   #19
DumbMoFo

Smoking is a one way ticket to not having a relationship with me. Could be the greatest thing since sliced bread, doesn't matter.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:10 PM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg
i smoke

Same here. I've been with girls who didn't and their non-stop b!tching gets on your nerves (mind you I never did around them in the car, in the house, etc.). From now on I'm seeking out girls who DO smoke.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #21
Kyle
elyK

Well...i am a smoker...I guess i'm the opposite of everyone here...i think girls who smoke are hot.
I won't date anyone who doesn't smoke...
unless i'm really into them

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:43 PM   #22
pbateson

Smoking possible for SARS the couch!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:45 PM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Haha! Our ranks grow.

In the words of Bill Hicks: "You god damn non-smokers. I'd quit smoking if my greatest fear wasn't becoming one of you."
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:28 PM   #24
Civgrl01

my husband does it...thats all they do at his work really..but i not going to nag him to stop..he would have to on his own..
Old 09-25-2003, 02:35 PM   #25
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Smoke the GOOD Shit. j/k nah not really a smoker cause my bro will prolly beat my ass if he catches me so that helps me stay motivated.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 09:22 AM   #26
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i dont really have a problem with it, the last girl i was with smoked and i just didnt like the taste sometimes, but she never usually smoked before we kissed. the only times i ever smoked was when i was younger(you know... just to do it) then at work so i could get breaks.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 01:16 AM   #27
armyguy5
3rd Gear

i smoke, and a lot of the people in my profession (us army) do as well. there's different reasons for people doing it. To each his own...

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:22 PM   #28
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

hmm. Chris is a smart one. Smoking causes breaks. Excellent.