::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2003, 10:13 PM   #1
Mirkwo0dForest

3rd Gen Question...

As soon as i find a job i'm gonna buy a 3rd Gen teggy. i'd go for a GS-R but LS is fine... i can do head swap later on.
#1 - Anyway i was wondering if any of you knew the differences between the LS Coupe and the LS Hatchback...?(i.e.: weight, trunk space, back seat space etc..) or any differences at all...
#2 - Do all the 3rd Gens come with a sunroof, power windows/door locks?
#3 - On a head swap, if I just buy a GS-R or Type-R Head, will i new to get internal stuff to fit that head or is that all i need? like pistons and valves? if this makes no sense, you hav permission to laugh, i'm not much on internal engine workings...
#4 - Insert 3rd Gen comments here...

All help appreciated!!
thanx all

P.S. - You guys really need to post some stuff. The Civic forums are super busy but i haven't seen a new topic on this b!tch for weeks.

Old 04-05-2003, 11:38 PM   #2
a96710

There should only be a coupe (which is the 3-dr hb style) and a sedan in all Integras. As far as options....I don't think all of em have sunroof and power everything (but I could be wrong).
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 10:59 AM   #3
Mirkwo0dForest

so they are all hatchbacks.... this makes sense....
Old 04-06-2003, 11:00 AM   #4
Mirkwo0dForest

still need help with #3 though...
Old 04-06-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
ShEaNy

i think u could just swap the head right on there since there both DOHC..u just get Vtec with a GSR or Type R (i think)...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
Mirkwo0dForest

wut does the VTEC hook up to?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:18 PM   #7
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

They're not all hatchbacks. There'd a 2 dr hatchback, and a 4 dr coupe. One's a hatchback, one's a 4 door coupe- do the math. On the LS, power windows and locks are standard, the sunroof is an option. Keep in mind there are also RSs, SEs, GSs, etc. All came with different options "standard."

As for LS/VTEC- any B series VTEC head will work- the B17A is my favorite, since the intake manifold plenums are the shortest. The heads will match up, no problem, without any modifications whatsoever to the shortblock. I would, however, recommend doing at least a minor build to the shortblock before running up to a VTEC redline- you'll probably throw a rod if you don't. You don't need to swap out the pistons, but I would as long as you're doing a build. The valves are actually contained in the head you're already swapping out, and don't need to be replaced. If anything, you should upgrade the springs and retainers, but this isn't necessary for a minor build. And, finally, the shortblock will need to be tapped and an oil line run to the VTEC head. This line supplies oil to the rockers to engage VTEC.

LS/VTEC sucks.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 09:20 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think the heads shoud match but i'm not sure. isn't that an LS/VTEC setup ???

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 05:23 AM   #9
Mirkwo0dForest

i know about 4 doors u penis-wrinkle...