::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2001, 10:46 AM   #1
grl_racer

whats the problem!??!

ok.. i have a JVC deck... and just recently when i turn it up kinda loud... lets say the radio is on... it sounds like im in an area w/ bad reception.. like cuts in and out... you know when you hit those areas where the station kinda fades in and out really choppy like?!

when there is a cd in... it like skips.. its not the cd, and its not that i hit a bump.. like it will go from music.. to no music.. to music again.. <--- does that make sense?!?

is the whole thing just jacked?!?!?!?! if so ima be pissed off b/c this will be the 2nd deck in 2 years i have had to replace...
first one was a kenwood paid $700 for

now this JVC, paid $400 for

if it is the deck.... then what kind should i get?? something that will last LONGER then a freak'n year!

thanks.. if anyone can help me out!
Old 11-19-2001, 10:54 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

when you say the sound goes out and comes back..

is it a quick transition, like a couple of seconde?

Or does it last like a few minutes... sound goes out, lasts a couple of minutes, comes back lasts a couple of minutes...
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 01:29 AM   #3
Phatblackcivic

That's just JVC for you! Pretty soon you won't be able to get your CD's out of the deck! Same with sony. I say if you're going to shell out that much money for a deck then stick with Eclipse or Alpine...I've had my Alpine for over a year and it is fricken awesome! But I would definately go with Eclipse. You CAN'T beat the sound quality with a stick.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:33 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I agree that the JVC is a look-good but doesnt performe that well type of deck..

But I wouldnt compare it to Sony..

The Sony HU's do have a certain potential..

Old 11-21-2001, 02:48 AM   #5
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

First of all- Hey Brit! What up girlie?

As for your question- your power supply (internal amp) on your deck has gone bad. The static is due to stress on the internal amp, especially when you turn it up. The amp is going out, losing its efficiency and output. When it cuts out, it's more than likely going into thermal protection. If the deck is still under warranty, this will be covered. If not, you can probably have it fixed for around $100, including R&I.

If you're getting a new deck, I love my Kenwood Excelon. It's made with better components than most of the other stuff out there. The Pioneer Premiers are very comparable (but make sure you stick the Excelon and Premier). Alpine also makes a good deck, as does Eclipse (but I've never been a big fan of the Eclipse). Eclipse is NOT the best sounding deck out there- Nakamichi is. They look fairly stock, but they sound better than anything else on the market.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 12:35 PM   #6
Phatblackcivic

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
First of all- Hey Brit! What up girlie?

As for your question- your power supply (internal amp) on your deck has gone bad. The static is due to stress on the internal amp, especially when you turn it up. The amp is going out, losing its efficiency and output. When it cuts out, it's more than likely going into thermal protection. If the deck is still under warranty, this will be covered. If not, you can probably have it fixed for around $100, including R&I.

If you're getting a new deck, I love my Kenwood Excelon. It's made with better components than most of the other stuff out there. The Pioneer Premiers are very comparable (but make sure you stick the Excelon and Premier). Alpine also makes a good deck, as does Eclipse (but I've never been a big fan of the Eclipse). Eclipse is NOT the best sounding deck out there- Nakamichi is. They look fairly stock, but they sound better than anything else on the market.

Well I've never heard the Nakamichi, but besides that I do believe Eclipses are the best decks I've ever heard compared to Kenwood and Pioneer. The problem with Pioneer is their EQ's. I had the DEH-P3000 and it sucked! I could fine tune the EQ for one song and when the next came on I had to re-tune it! Eclipse has built in and EQ that somewhat self adjusts to the music so EVERY song has optimum sound quality. Now don't get me wrong Kenwood is a GREAT deck for the money. I had an older Kenwood long before Excelon and it worked fantastically and I never had a problem with it. So Grl_Racer is you want to shell out the cash go with Nakamichi, Eclipse, or Alpine. If you want a great deck for a little less cash go with Kenwood or even Panasonic. Stay as far away as you can from JVC, Sony, Jensen or Pioneer.

Just my 2 cents
Old 11-21-2001, 12:37 PM   #7
Phatblackcivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
I agree that the JVC is a look-good but doesnt performe that well type of deck..

But I wouldnt compare it to Sony..

The Sony HU's do have a certain potential..

Potential is not good enough for me. I want something time tested and I have seen too many sony's crap out. Hence the comparison to JVC. They both tend to eat cd's after about a year.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:05 PM   #8
93chromeacc

Quote:
Originally posted by Phatblackcivic

Well I've never heard the Nakamichi, but besides that I do believe Eclipses are the best decks I've ever heard compared to Kenwood and Pioneer. The problem with Pioneer is their EQ's. I had the DEH-P3000 and it sucked! I could fine tune the EQ for one song and when the next came on I had to re-tune it! Eclipse has built in and EQ that somewhat self adjusts to the music so EVERY song has optimum sound quality. Now don't get me wrong Kenwood is a GREAT deck for the money. I had an older Kenwood long before Excelon and it worked fantastically and I never had a problem with it. So Grl_Racer is you want to shell out the cash go with Nakamichi, Eclipse, or Alpine. If you want a great deck for a little less cash go with Kenwood or even Panasonic. Stay as far away as you can from JVC, Sony, Jensen or Pioneer.

Just my 2 cents

I've heard that Nakamichi is the shiz-nitt
Old 11-25-2001, 08:07 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

For a pure SQ system.. Nak is the way to go.

Old 11-26-2001, 10:19 AM   #10
93chromeacc

Quote:
For a pure SQ system.. Nak is the way to go.

I dont think I'll ever go sql
Old 11-26-2001, 10:26 AM   #11
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by 93chromeacc

I dont think I'll ever go sql

I know what ya mean..

I like both.. So what's a brother to do?

have 2 cars perhaps?!

ha ha soon... I hope..

::

Old 11-26-2001, 10:28 AM   #12
93chromeacc

Quote:

I know what ya mean..

I like both.. So what's a brother to do?

have 2 cars perhaps?!

ha ha soon... I hope..

::

that's what I'm workin on now. Tryin to get another Sterling 827SLi
Old 11-26-2001, 10:30 AM   #13
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

3 1/2 years I should be out of university.. unless I go for an MBA..

but in any case. I should have a decent job, that'll allow me to have a new car.. daily driver.. This one will be SQ.

And I'll turn my Accord (*** willing), into a SPL oriented car.

I hope. I hope.