.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
CD5Passion

New tat time

ok ladies I need some female advice(guys can pitch in too). But I'm going to go get a new tattoo soon, as in a week or two once I get back from Daytona Beach. So help me out. what do you all think I should get and where, in case you don't know I have one between my shoulder blades of my middle name in japanese. Should I keep the japanese theme. go Çeltic (to tie in the other half of my blood). what do you ladies(/guys) like?
Old 06-14-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
biker's back

I wouldnt get any of those ideas....
Old 06-14-2004, 02:20 PM   #3
SolPol

Wow Biker. You wouldn't do a lot of things that other people would. Always stirrin' up trouble man
Old 06-14-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
Wow Biker. You wouldn't do a lot of things that other people would. Always stirrin' up trouble man

How am i starting trouble here. Dude asked for a view and I was nice about the whole thing. I'm not gonna side track his thread so stay on topic.

Im not a big jap or celtic writing fan thats why i said that.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:15 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm actually with biker...I wouldn't do either. I've seen way too many japanese characters and too many celtic crosses. It's become trite and unoriginal. Too many frat boys and sorority girls with japanese characters that usually embody words that are the complete opposite of their character like "bravery" or "virtue" or "power". If it were me? "Veritas" on one arm, "Aquetas" on the other.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:47 PM   #6
vtracer20

i would go a different route dude....alot of the tats i see around here have either jap or celtic writing and it's kinda enoying because u seem them everywhere...get something unique that no one else has
Old 06-14-2004, 06:29 PM   #7
CD5Passion

well I like the japanese route because I am so, but I was thinking something graphic not like kanji or anything. I've seen somethin like a Koi that is effing cool, maybe a japanese styled dragon hell I dont know.
ever seen those things those yakuza dudes get I mean jesus.
but if not to go that route what would be good.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:45 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Dude...a Yakuza style tat would probably take the better part of a week to finish (even if you were there every day) and cost you many thousands of dollars. I'd say the fact that you are half japanese would make it that much cooler if you went a different route. But that's me...I'm obssessive about my tats.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 06-14-2004, 06:56 PM   #9
No.1_Stunna

If I had bigger guns (only in good time my friends...) then I'd go with a tribal around my bicep...I dont really know why but I just like tribal tats...
Old 06-14-2004, 07:19 PM   #10
JDMFantasy2k

dude save your money for the accord!! it's come so far and can go further, unless of course someone else is paying for the tat. I personally think if you're going to go through with it to go with somehting jap, especially seeing that you are. Just make sure whatever you get is something that means a lot to you.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:40 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by No.1_Stunna
If I had bigger guns (only in good time my friends...) then I'd go with a tribal around my bicep...I dont really know why but I just like tribal tats...

Man...those are even worse than all of the Kanji tats I see on all these dumbass frat boys. EVERYONE has one. It's either that or barbed wire around the arm. Same with crosses. Even if you are religious, there's just too many of them out there.

Old 06-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #12
No.1_Stunna

The majority of tats I see in my area are japanese/chinese figures or crosses and stuff like that...Dont think anyone in my area has a tribal actually...but whatever.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:33 PM   #13
mylittlecivic

id think it'd be cool to have something in celtic, But then Not just because everyone gets stuff in gaelic then they forget what it even means. Try to think of a design or something you really like. I've already got three tattoos i really want but ive been thinking about them for a long time.:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by No.1_Stunna
The majority of tats I see in my area are japanese/chinese figures or crosses and stuff like that...Dont think anyone in my area has a tribal actually...but whatever.

Maybe it's all about where you live...I dunno.

And Anna...send me your tat ideas...I'll help decide. Hehe. Seriously, I've actually designed tats for friends before. But again, this is because I'm obssessive about things that will be on my body forever.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #15
DsBlu01CivEX

I say get what ever the hell you want....I personally think that getting something the reflects your heritage is a good idea...It reflects who you are and where you came from. This is gonna be on you forever, so you gotta make sure that you can look at it on a daily basis (if it's in a place you can see of course) and that it means something to you.

And as for placement of the tat....I prefer places that can be easily covered up. Mine is on my right sholder blade....and I think tats on guys look good on their backs and if they have muscular pecs, on there as well. I'm not a huge fan of tats on arms or legs.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:20 PM   #16
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Man...those are even worse than all of the Kanji tats I see on all these dumbass frat boys. EVERYONE has one. It's either that or barbed wire around the arm. Same with crosses. Even if you are religious, there's just too many of them out there.

hey...I have a tribal band around my left arm....

But that's the only 1 of my 7.....the other 6 all have meaning to me...something that happened to me at some point in my life and inspired me to get tattooed because of it. Anyway, the point I was trying to make was if you're gonna get one, get one that has meaning to you...and is original. Don't get one that you seen already drawn in a tattoo shop...or something that someone else has. Sit down and think of something that really has special meaning to you and if you can draw, draw it yourself. If not, get someone who can and then take that to the tattoo place....you will definitely appreciate an original tattoo more than something that everyone else has. As for the placement, it really depends on what it is and the size. If this is your first tat, I would say either get it on your arm, leg, or chest...save your back for the next one and speaking from experience, you will be getting another one...they are addictive as shit.......

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:42 AM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Rob's got some great points. There are two keys to tattoos, meaning and originality. If at all possible do your own. If it's hanging in a tat shop window then you're pretty much gauranteed someone else has it. I'm lucky enough to have a friend/roommate who's a phenominal artist so I can just tell him what I want and take it to a shop. And yes...tats are like crack. Once you get one you'll want more so think about the size and what you'll want in the future. If it'll fit on your arm or chest, get it there because your back is for bigger stuff. That and your arms and chest hurt a helluva lot less that your back. Just wait until you hear that needle clicking against your spine or your shoulder blade. Also, if this is your first, be sure to eat well before going because the ink will make you light headed if you go on an empty stomach (if it's a decent sized tat). Tattoos are the greatest thing ever...so long as they're original and have a special meaning to you.

Old 06-15-2004, 01:39 PM   #18
DsBlu01CivEX

well he already has one on his neck I think he said...so he knows what it feels like to get one on the spine. And you guys really thought that the back (whether it be the spine or the sholder blade) hurt??? I didn't think mine hurt at all....a little uncomfortable and funny feeling...but I wouldn't say painful.

Old 06-15-2004, 02:42 PM   #19
CD5Passion

yueah I have one right between my shoulderblades and it really didnt even hurt that much. I'm thinking about getting a Koi designed in a circular fashion and get it on the right side of my chest. ill have to see if I can find a nice enought picture before I design it myself cause I'm not the BEST drawer out there.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #20
mylittlecivic

i know exaclty what mine look like and where i want them already

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-15-2004, 03:59 PM   #21
CD5Passion

ok everyone here is basically what I want, I took a few minutes to draw it up and its a rough draft. AS for what I want for the final product should i do black and white or get some color in it. and opinions on color would be great if you think it needs it. also where do you think it would look good
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0355.jpg (119.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 06-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #22
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
where do you think it would look good
Left arm starting at the top so that the bottom of the tat is on your bicep...that way if you want to add to it later and turn it into a half-sleave you'll have the option.......

and thanks Steve......

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 06-15-2004, 04:13 PM   #23
CD5Passion

like how you think rob, that would look nice. anyone else? also what about color or no color
Old 06-15-2004, 04:16 PM   #24
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
like how you think rob, that would look nice. anyone else? also what about color or no color

You're welcome...and personally I would stick with good 'ole black ink....

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 06-15-2004, 06:05 PM   #25
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...with your skin tone color might not come out real well unless you had a REALLY good artist.

Old 06-15-2004, 07:34 PM   #26
CD5Passion

alright sounds like a plan, on the upper arm with black ink, It'll be about a week or two till I get it done then I'll make sure to post the end result
Old 06-16-2004, 12:39 AM   #27
mylittlecivic

nice! i like that alot. I think you should go colorless too

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #28
CD5Passion

hrmmm...would having it on my arm affect my chances of getting a good job in the future?
Old 06-16-2004, 05:38 PM   #29
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

What they don't know won't hurt em. Just get it high enough that your shirt sleeve covers it.

Old 06-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #30
CD5Passion

true...kinda figured..haha my mother wasnt to enthralled about the idea but ohhhh wellllll
Old 06-16-2004, 07:16 PM   #31
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Mothers never are.

Old 06-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #32
CD5Passion

haha well she likes my first one guess that counts for something
Old 06-16-2004, 09:23 PM   #33
DsBlu01CivEX

i'm not a huge fan of tats on arms....but I definitely agree that stickin with black ink would look the best. I don't know that I'd ever get a colored tat.....

Old 06-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #34
95DX
2nd Gear

it would probably be better to start off with black ink then if you want to add color later you can where if you go color at the time of the tat you cant take it off. as far as moms not liking tats or whatever some are some arn't as it is mine has one and threw in a few bucks for my first one (have 2) and its true they are addictive as hell. imo get something meaningful to you and who cares what others say/think about it
95DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:42 AM   #35
CD5Passion

well I have pride in this one especially because I drew it and thought it up, its original in my own sense. being part japanese it fits me well sepcially with it being a koi which I think is a beautiful fish...sooo i know I wont mind seeing it everyday
Old 06-17-2004, 01:38 AM   #36
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I dunno...sometimes I completely forget I have certain tats. There's one small one on my chest that I almost always forget I have. hehe.

Old 06-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #37
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

I've got seven and in various places. Only one of them you would see if I put my hair up, it's on the back of my neck. I have had several formal jobs that no one knew I had a tattoo at all. I think it's different at the work place for men than for women, men are generally more accepted to have one. That drawing you had was great. I'd go for color myself but you can always add it later if you wanted to but that design is going to be at least a couple bills just in black. If you're going to go for color, make sure you're going to use sunscreen all the time in the sun otherwise even the best color will turn into a black blob later if you don't use sunscreen at all. I usually forget I have one on my arm and it's a blue tribal flame half sleeve. I'l try to find a pic of it to show you guys. Yes they are VERY addicitive, I should know. However, I find tattoos are VERY sexy, even sleeves and half sleeves are a turn on. I know, I'm weird that way, but what can I say?? HEY! I rhymed.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:41 PM   #38
CD5Passion

alright I'm excited as hell now, I went out to the shop that is talked about alot amongst some friends and got to talk to the artist. and I got to look at some of his artwork, under artist name is Aaron.
www.kidpain.com
well we talked and he said He'd do it for under $200 which is good cause one place quoted $300. This guy said he loves a nice challenge and he loves to do orginal stuff, in fact he hates doing stupid shit. so soemtime next week I'm going ot go there and spend a few hour with him so we can work on the art and figure out what is gonna be done, he said black and grey ink would look awesome which I agree and he can detail up the koi. also said it'd take about 2 hours to do and do it in a quarter sleeve. man I am stoked
Old 06-17-2004, 04:05 PM   #39
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

will you shut up and get the damn tattoo already......

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 06-17-2004, 04:12 PM   #40
vtchgrl2k2

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
will you shut up and get the damn tattoo already......

thats what IM SAYING!!!!!