::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
sc0rch

Alarm and Keyless entry in 95 civic

i spent all day saturday trying to install this damn alarm/keyless entry in my car....and well.........i went and followed another sites wire color codes and they were correct....so i found all the wires and started T taping them together........so i get almost all of them hooked up and nothing happens......the alarm is on..but nothing else....doors dont unlock..dome light doesnt come on and the parking lights dont flash.......

so i get so aggrivated that i take the door panel off and pull the plug from the lock switch......

now my alarm has a green negative wire and a purple positive wire for the door lock.......so i stick those wires into the plug in every possible combination and hit the locvk and unlock button on the key pad and nothing works......when the purple wire touches either side of the plug it either locks or unlocks but doesnt do anything when i hit the key pad....so i'm lost and frustrated and ready to kill........

anyone have any clue why nothing is working.......

here is the link to the PDF manual for the model of alarm i have

http://www.ultrastarters.com/manuals...-INSTALL-U.pdf

all the wires i have connected are the ignition,constant 12v power,ground and parking light wire (that doesnt work) i havent hooked up the siren yet because i wasnt gonna bother with it till i know for sure that thin thing is gonna work
Old 12-07-2003, 06:15 PM   #2
Anotherslo1

It could be with the remote itself. Maybe it is malfunctioning. Even though that rarely happens, especially a new remote. I'm a firm believer in directions, so if you followed them it should be right. Did you get the remote from a reliable place? Did you put batteries in the remote???????
Old 12-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #3
sc0rch

yeah i got the remote from a reliable place....i was there when they put the exact same alarm in a prelude the otherday....the remote came with batteries....the module is on..the red light blinks and everything when you bump the car and stuff....and when i push either lock or unlock you can hear the module clicking
Old 12-08-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Anotherslo1

hmm, so it clicks, but it is not unlocking the door. Might be a problem with your actuater. Maybe it isn't working properly. Have you had problems unlocking you car in the past with the stock keyless entry. Then again i'm not there so hard for me to figure out what is happening. Check the actuater, the the wires again. If that doesn't work, well maybe you might just have to start all over again! Who knows, when you start taking it back apart you might run into the problem!
Old 12-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #5
sc0rch

i've done everything i could to try and get this thing to work....i've hooked into every green/red and green/white and red/green wire and even some i thought might have been close.....and nothing works.....and somehow i've managed to blow something somewhere...so now my clock is really dim,the alarm quit working and my headunit doesnt come on.....fuk it i give up
Old 12-11-2003, 10:08 PM   #6
Anotherslo1

HA HA HA. Don't give up bro. But if you've blown something, definietlyl check you fuses. Maybe thats why it wasn't working before. Doubt it, but could be. Also find out why it blew. If it blew once, and you don't find the problem, it will most likley blow again.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:24 AM   #7
sc0rch

i cant figure out what blew...i cut all of the wires from the alarm off of what i had them connected too....so i have to spend all day today trying to make my HU work again...