::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2003, 10:07 PM   #1
trabadoor22

2" drop and 17's?

ive got an '03 civic si and i was thinking of getting the h&r sport springs with koni yellows. im a little worried about the 2" drop though. i was also thinking about the ground control coilovers with the koni yellows,but im not sure what the drop range is with that setup. i have 15" stock wheels now, but ill most likely end up with 17's, probably next summer. im just wondering if a 2" drop would be ok for daily driving. i dont really want to have to worry about rubbing my tires on the wheel well everytime i turn. also if anyone knows the drop range of the gc's ide appreciate it. thanks alot.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
96civicex
1st Gear

if you get 17s and plus size the tire which should be 205/40/17 then it will be exactly the same size as now give or take a mm. so if you go measure 2 in down from your wheel well then it should give you a good idea. i don't think 2 in. would be too much but i don't think i would go much more than that. since you are worried about it though, go with the gc coilovers. if it rubs you can raise it up some. the regular gc can lower 0 - 4 in. and the gc limited edition is 0 - 3.5
96civicex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
trabadoor22

ok thanks for the info. i measured last night and i have about 2.5"-2.75" of clearance from the tires to the wheel well. i was thinking about how they say the kits are for that specific vehicle so im guessing that the si just has more space between the tires and wheel wells than alot of other cars. the h&r springs with the koni's will be cheaper than the gc's + koni's. now i just have to make up my mind which i want to go with. thanks again.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:18 AM   #4
RavingCivic

i would go with thE GC coilovers, its a lil more spensive, but worth it to be able to adjust if u dont like it so far down or so far up.

i have to get COILOVERS cause my shox are f*cked right now and my rear sits 1 1/2" from tire and front sits 3"+

so GC will be best option casue i need one to be and inch more than the other and it will be hard ordering springs in pairs (and EXPENSIVE)

BUT i do have a question for everyone

for a 97 civic

if i get 17" rims with 42mm offset, 205/40/17 tires, when i drop it will i have a problem of rubbing, i ask because this is the most popular size wheel on civics

will the tire rub at all? does it sit inside of the fender? WILL i have to ROLL my fenders?WIll it RUB anything uNder the car. ie..the suspension in the rear or the steering knuckle in the front?

HELP
Old 06-04-2003, 12:53 AM   #5
trabadoor22

ok, thanks for your help. as for now i think im just going to go with 17" wheels and tires. i know it wont look as good or handle as well if it were lowered, but i just cant afford both right now. plus if i got them now i would most likely have to get an alignment and reajust the camber when i raised it for the winter. hopefully by next summer ill have enough for a suspension kit and a winter beater. about your setup, it seems like you should be fine. from posts ive read it seems like 17's with those size tires and a 42mm offset is pretty common. although this is just from posts that ive read. i just looked up some info on offsets at tirerack.com because until a couple days ago i wasnt entirely sure what it meant. i think they can also match up tires, wheels, proper offset, and maybe a suspension also. even if you dont buy from them they should be able to help you out.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:19 AM   #6
Mischief(LTS)

remember to get the car re aligned after you have all the coilovers adjusted where you want them. or any time you adjust them for that matter
Old 06-04-2003, 07:47 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

raving no you wouldn't rub. if you will just set the camber to -1 degree and you will be all set. it won't even be noticeable and handling will be top notch

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:30 PM   #8
RavingCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
raving no you wouldn't rub. if you will just set the camber to -1 degree and you will be all set. it won't even be noticeable and handling will be top notch

Honda what about the tire wear? will it go to SH*T at -1 degree?
Old 06-04-2003, 09:37 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

^Im gonna say no to that q (guessing...Im pretty much a dumbshit when it comes to suspension)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 08:40 AM   #10
02_Si
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by RavingCivic
i would go with thE GC coilovers, its a lil more spensive, but worth it to be able to adjust if u dont like it so far down or so far up.

i have to get COILOVERS cause my shox are f*cked right now and my rear sits 1 1/2" from tire and front sits 3"+

so GC will be best option casue i need one to be and inch more than the other and it will be hard ordering springs in pairs (and EXPENSIVE)

BUT i do have a question for everyone

for a 97 civic

if i get 17" rims with 42mm offset, 205/40/17 tires, when i drop it will i have a problem of rubbing, i ask because this is the most popular size wheel on civics

will the tire rub at all? does it sit inside of the fender? WILL i have to ROLL my fenders?WIll it RUB anything uNder the car. ie..the suspension in the rear or the steering knuckle in the front?

HELP

SOunds good to me but can someone please tell me where to get aftermarket shocks for an 03 civic Si... Can't find them anywhere... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
02_Si is offline   Reply With Quote