Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
johnriley
2nd Gear

Wreck

Some freakin drunk Idiot ran into the back of my car the other day when I was leaving the chiefs game. The damage is not that bad but it sucks! He was driving a dodge dakota and his bumper went right over mine when he hit me. The damages on my car are as follows: scratches and dents on my bumper, dinged up trunk that does not line up right when shut ,a couple of cracked tail lights and possibly a small dent on the rear side of back fender.Can anyone give me an idea of what the insurance company might offer me? I've never been in a wreck before can you guys give me some tips for when the claims adjuster comes to look at my car, is there anything clever I can say or do to get more money?

Thanks, John
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 12:59 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

That really sucks. When someone backed into me, there was no claims adjuster. They just let me get two estimates and then take it wherever I wanted to get it fixed. Just damage to my bumper was ~$600 to fix, but insurance took care of it all.

Did you get the guy's info?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:23 PM   #3
johnriley
2nd Gear

The guy's insurance company said I could take it into one of their service centers and they would do the repairs. I told them that I want to take it to the Honda dealership to get it fixed, so they said they will send out a claims adjuster to look at my car on monday or tuesday. I'm thinking I will get a quote from the dealership for a lot of money and take it somewhere else to get fixed.
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnriley
The guy's insurance company said I could take it into one of their service centers and they would do the repairs. I told them that I want to take it to the Honda dealership to get it fixed, so they said they will send out a claims adjuster to look at my car on monday or tuesday. I'm thinking I will get a quote from the dealership for a lot of money and take it somewhere else to get fixed.

that's the way to go !!!!

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 04:03 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnriley
I'm thinking I will get a quote from the dealership for a lot of money and take it somewhere else to get fixed.

Doesn't always work. When I had mine repaired, the insurance company paid the body shop directly. If it isn't one of their authorized repair places and you get a couple of quotes though, they will send you a check.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote