.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you want done with "Who would win..." threads?
I don't care, let the threads continue. 15 68.18%
Close the thread and warn the thread starter. 3 13.64%
Move the thread to the "Off Topics" forum. 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2003, 12:08 PM   #1
Matrix

Vote: "Who would win..." and "What if..." Threads

Hey everybody,

I am curious about whether anybody feels a particular way about threads that do not quite tell a kill story, rather they just ask "Here are some cars. Who would win in a race?"

So, tell me how you feel about these threads, and I'll see what I can do.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:45 PM   #2
pbateson

Huh? I just starting the post with win?
Old 07-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #3
Matrix

Don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with those threads.
I am a member of many boards, and most of them have a certain policy or something regarding those tyopes of threads, since they really aren't "kill stories" per se.

I was just curious to see if our members here had an opinion either way.

Not to worry, pal.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:11 PM   #4
sohc_vtec 2NR

there should be like a sticky where it deals with "Who would win a race" thread...so it stays in one post not a million separate questions... just an idea
Old 07-16-2003, 12:02 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i really don't care. i visit this forum very rare, but i am in the others very often

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:02 AM   #6
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

I could care less.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 12:23 PM   #7
Mushroom

D) Close the thread, delete the thread and kick the poster in the stomach.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:52 PM   #8
Civic98

don't care.....
Old 07-16-2003, 03:27 PM   #9
VR4_Craver
Banned

should be moved to off topic...but i dont care. All types of posts at your one-stop convienent forum
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 01:47 PM   #10
ShEaNy

dont care..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 08:05 PM   #11
manofsteele

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic98
don't care.....

what he said...
Old 09-29-2003, 04:47 PM   #12
MAXed Out
6th Gear

I really don't have anything against them i'm kinda neutral they are fun to read so i don't think it should matter.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 12:50 PM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i HATE magazine racers. im guilty of it sometimes when having to compair stock cars, but on the street.. theres 32784612938462397 things that happen and no way like a track.

delete warn them they are an idiot, and if it continues i think a swift kick to the balls might be an order

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:24 PM   #14
mylittlecivic

dont move um to off topic please, just warn who ever is doing it tha most

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 02:08 PM   #15
black95gs-t

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
D) Close the thread, delete the thread and kick the poster in the stomach.

i like this suggestion the most
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:50 PM   #16
Anotherslo1

Make a "What If" thread

Just a suggestion
Old 04-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #17
4g63t
2nd Gear

Ya, lets kick a mod in the stomach. That would be a great idea. Anyways, unless you have a turbo honda, you won't be winning any races against any slightly fast car, so only users with turbo'd honda's should be able to ask if they can beat another car. Then you'll get intelligent answers from people who know about turbo's and not just ricers, saying that a cai will help you win the race.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:14 PM   #18
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by 4g63t
Then you'll get intelligent answers from people who know about turbo's and not just ricers, saying that a cai will help you win the race.

Because only people with turbos are intelligent? Christ...I've got a turbo and I think that's one of the most assinine comments I've seen around here in a long time. I say let people post whatever they want...it's usually easy to tell the outcome. It's kinda funny for someone to complain about ricers and then use the old ricer standby "turbos will solve everything". Shit...I'll make you buy me lunch running N/A vs. your turbo.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:10 AM   #19
4g63t
2nd Gear

That's not what i meant by the phrase of which you quoted me. I may of said that only users with turbo's on their honda's should be able to ask what if questions, but i never said that only people who own turbo's are intelligent. But let me tell you this....this average honda civic will not be very fast without a turbo. And no...i never said that a turbo will solve everything. But it sure makes the power if your intelligent enough to put in all the appropriate supporting mods and tune correctly.

P.s, i'm not intelligent enough to understand your making me buy you lunch thing. I hope your not implying that your pusstang n/a could beat my turbo dsm.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:17 AM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well of course your average Civic/Accord/Prelude won't be a street machine without serious mods...they aren't mean to be. And yes, I'm fully implying that my "pusstang" would own you in every concievable way even without my turbo. The motor itself isn't exactly stock.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 04-06-2004, 09:36 PM   #21
4g63t
2nd Gear

Alright, so i looked at your mod list. You could most likely take me, but my project isnt done yet, so i have no clue how fast it will be. Somewhere in the low 12's though. I've spent less than 2500 for entire engine build up and exhaust though. Anyways, the good news is, your intelligent and know that stock honda's arent fast. But you gotta see what i'm saying....why should people with not race worthly civics be asking if they can beat a bmw or something. The answer is no. But a person with a heavily modified civic should be able to ask if they could win or not.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:21 PM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well see here's the problem. There's always going to be legitimate questions like a Civic vs. similar model brand X. Then there's the jackasses that'll ask what if I race a BMW M series. But here's my take on it...if you totally exclude everyone then people with legitimate questions won't be able to ask their questions. Besides...you KNOW it's funny clowning on those guys who think their Lude will take a down a blown Cobra or something.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:42 PM   #23
V8killimports

Quote:
Alright, so i looked at your mod list. You could most likely take me, but my project isnt done yet, so i have no clue how fast it will be. Somewhere in the low 12's though. I've spent less than 2500 for entire engine build up and exhaust though. Anyways, the good news is, your intelligent and know that stock honda's arent fast. But you gotta see what i'm saying....why should people with not race worthly civics be asking if they can beat a bmw or something. The answer is no. But a person with a heavily modified civic should be able to ask if they could win or not.

FYI.. take what you think your car will run, and add 1 second to that.. that's what you can probably expect. And I damn damn sure his pusstang NA could hand you

Hell.. I'd still beat ya spinning down the track.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:27 AM   #24
4g63t
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
FYI.. take what you think your car will run, and add 1 second to that.. that's what you can probably expect. And I damn damn sure his pusstang NA could hand you

Hell.. I'd still beat ya spinning down the track.

Sorry bud, pretty sure i won't be in the 13's with a 320 fwhp 2800 pound car, with suspension mods.
I doubt your audi or honduh could beat me in a straight line, i'd have to see about that 57 though (but that's a total different concept) I'm pretty sure i could rape you in auto cross, just like your audi could rape me in autox. Everybody's a dsm hatr on here .
I guess i hate little 4 cycls. that can take 400hp on stock enternals too though.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:49 AM   #25
V8killimports

Quote:
Sorry bud, pretty sure i won't be in the 13's with a 320 fwhp 2800 pound car, with suspension mods.
I doubt your audi or honduh could beat me in a straight line, i'd have to see about that 57 though (but that's a total different concept) I'm pretty sure i could rape you in auto cross, just like your audi could rape me in autox. Everybody's a dsm hatr on here .
I guess i hate little 4 cycls. that can take 400hp on stock enternals too though.

lol I still dunno what a DSM is... and my shoebox will be able to handle as good if not better than a newer camaro if I have anything to say about it.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:02 AM   #26
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

dsm diamond star motors. mitsu and crystlers joint effort when making the galant vr4, eclipse/talon and 300gt/stealth.

anyways, not even gonna try to get into this one cause its just not worth arguing about DSMs anymore. they are fast, but cant compete with v8's since your already turboed and semi tuned to just keep up with them stock.

think of it this way, a 9 second dsm street driven is rare/unhead of, a street driven 9 second v8 is very possible/ive seen a few.

as far as suspension, are you compairing stock vs. stock, or what you can build each car(s) to? because i can make anything handle on rails if you give me enough time and tools.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #27
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I always wondered what DSM meant as well. Once again Chris has shown us the way. I hear what you're saying about DSM motors though...they CAN be made to put out good horsepower...there just aren't a lot of people doing it. That and they really aren't top speed kinda cars. My brother's old Talon Tsi (bone stock) was quicker than shit...but it would top out waaaaay too soon. So IMO they're quick, not fast. And for the record, I'm not a DSM hater...they're decent motors if you take care of them.

Old 04-07-2004, 01:11 AM   #28
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
dsm diamond star motors. mitsu and crystlers joint effort when making the galant vr4, eclipse/talon and 300gt/stealth.

anyways, not even gonna try to get into this one cause its just not worth arguing about DSMs anymore. they are fast, but cant compete with v8's since your already turboed and semi tuned to just keep up with them stock.

think of it this way, a 9 second dsm street driven is rare/unhead of, a street driven 9 second v8 is very possible/ive seen a few.

as far as suspension, are you compairing stock vs. stock, or what you can build each car(s) to? because i can make anything handle on rails if you give me enough time and tools.

I think I am gonna go to a truck arm type suspension for the rear.. similar to what nascar uses.. and a strong arm airride system for the front.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:14 AM   #29
4g63t
2nd Gear

Ya, this really is a downhill battle. I really don't care if your cars are faster than mine, seems how i don't even know either of you so what does it matter? An argument just kinda got started. The point is, when it's all said and done in a few more months, we will all have fast cars. I consider anything under 13 seconds to be more than enough for a 16 year old. Atleast i know everything that i put into my car and how everything works in it, and i paid for the parts myself cause i have a job, unlike most other 16 year old kids.
But about handling...i'd like to further my set up. I still have to get polyurethane motor mounts and sway bar bushings, bigger sway bars, and a rear strut bar though. Then i'll be done in that area. Remember half of handling, is the driver.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:20 AM   #30
4g63t
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I always wondered what DSM meant as well. Once again Chris has shown us the way. I hear what you're saying about DSM motors though...they CAN be made to put out good horsepower...there just aren't a lot of people doing it. That and they really aren't top speed kinda cars. My brother's old Talon Tsi (bone stock) was quicker than shit...but it would top out waaaaay too soon. So IMO they're quick, not fast. And for the record, I'm not a DSM hater...they're decent motors if you take care of them.

Fwd talons pull hard up top once modified. What do you guys look for though, 1/4 or like a mile run. I'm just liking the 1/4, by then i'll be over 100 and that's a pretty big ticket if you get caught. I've always thought it would be cool to get a magnus dogbox tranny though. Talk about high rpm shifting. 1st gear is 60mph at 9grand, the tranny is nearly indestructable to you can bang gears as hard as you want too. i think 5th gear is 210mph.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:26 AM   #31
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Dog gear trannys are bulletproof...but they're a bitch in daily driving. All that double clutching and shit. And 100mph in the quarter? That's like a 14 second et. I'm a big fan of 1/4 mile or autox...either way the car hauls ass...I just need to get my turbo back on or upgrade to a bigger N/A motor. The 450 or so horsepower I've got N/A right now just isn't doing it for me...not after the 650+ turbo'ed hp.

Old 04-07-2004, 10:09 PM   #32
4g63t
2nd Gear

What motor exactly do you have? You seem to know mustangs...so let me ask you this. How fast in the 1/4 would a 72' mach 1 mustang run w/the boss clevland 351? Thanks
Old 04-07-2004, 10:16 PM   #33
V8killimports

Quote:
What motor exactly do you have? You seem to know mustangs...so let me ask you this. How fast in the 1/4 would a 72' mach 1 mustang run w/the boss clevland 351? Thanks

probably 15s.. not really worth looking up =/
Old 04-07-2004, 10:34 PM   #34
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...you're looking at a heavy ass car with a motor that has crap for low end but MONSTER high end and shitty weight distribution. If you had some good tires, a stock motor, and a good driver I'd say low 14s. Those motors weren't made for the dragstrip...they're AutoX motors. The valves are so huge that anything under about 3,000rpm isn't doing much for you. Then the redline comes up way too fast. Boss motors are really a street version of the short-lived 302 Tunnel Port head used for one racing season. Problem was to get max power from it you had to wrap it up to almost 9Krpm and the motors failed. If those motors were made today they would own anything with todays engine technology.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #35
4g63t
2nd Gear

....interesting. I was just wondering, becuase my friend has one...it's an auto though. And he put dual exhaust on it. I drove it once when his parents were gone. Pretty easy to break the tires loose. I didnt go past about 50% throttle though. It's such a big car though.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:13 AM   #36
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...they definitely need bigger wheels/tires. Those old school wheels are really easy to break loose. Those blocks are almost indestructable though. 4 bolt mains...good stuff. I had a friend who ran a nitroused Boss 351 to the tune of around 750hp. What a fucking beast.

Old 05-02-2004, 04:14 PM   #37
guywithastang

the 71 boss 351 ran a 13.5 it was the fastest of all boss mustangs. where did he find that engine, they are a pretty penny(not an option in the 72).

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote