.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2002, 03:56 PM   #1
flotsamm

'02 Accord LX security system factory self installation?

I just bought a new '02 Accord LX with and didnt buy the 700 factory security system. I figured since I could buy it myself online for 250 bucks I'd try the install myself. But before I attempt this, I wanted to know if anyone has done one before, any tips or should I just soend the money and let Honda do it for me. I'm mechanically inclined and have the tools plus instructions already.

Any help or comments are appreciated, many thanks.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:02 PM   #2
BrandonClaps

If it's the factory honda security system, just do it yourself. It's bascially all plug and play. All brackets are included, with detailed instructions. If you have problems with it just let us know.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:04 PM   #3
BrandonClaps

If it's not a factory alarm, and your sure you can do it, heres a link to the wiring colors/locations for your car

http://www.directechs.com/wtechsoft/doc/53437.txt
Old 01-14-2002, 07:27 PM   #4
flotsamm

Much appreciated..

Very kewl thanks, appreciate the link. What I plan on doing is buying the factory Honda kit online and installing it myself. But before attempting the install I wanted to find out if anyone had done it yet and get their opinions on how hard it was.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:13 AM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

OK..

It's really no be deal to install those alarms..So I think you should do it.

1 question though, why not get an aftermarket alarm, with more features and options..?
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:19 PM   #6
flotsamm

Factory vs. Aftermarket

Thanks for the reply. I mainly want to add the factory kit since its already pre-wired for it. I know it doesnt have all the features as an aftermarket one, but I figure it would be easier to install and doesnt require splicing into wires. Any thoughts?

I wonder though, if the factory kit has any sensors.. hrrmph. Thanks again for the help, appreciate it.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:09 PM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Re: Factory vs. Aftermarket

Quote:
Originally posted by flotsamm
Thanks for the reply. I mainly want to add the factory kit since its already pre-wired for it. I know it doesnt have all the features as an aftermarket one, but I figure it would be easier to install and doesnt require splicing into wires. Any thoughts?

I wonder though, if the factory kit has any sensors.. hrrmph. Thanks again for the help, appreciate it.

Why would you be scared to splice into a wire? If cleanly done, it wont even show when you look at the wires.

Since you will be putting an alarme, I'd suggest an aftermarket model with lots of goodies.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 12:28 AM   #8
BrandonClaps

Hey man, it's really simple all plug and play, you can also add an aftermarket shock sensor to it ;D If your interested in that email me after you get it installed.
BClaps@twcny.rr.com
Old 01-17-2002, 08:43 AM   #9
flotsamm

cool

Thanks for the reply.

So you think that the factory will suffice or should I consider something like a Viper or perhaps a Crime Stopper. If I do decide to do an aftermarket, the only thing I have a question on is the power door locks. The instructions on the Viper say the polarity is '-' so do I just wire the alarm head unit to the '-' side of the door lock? If so then I'll probably attempt the aftermarket myself. Many thanks again, appreciate any feedback.