::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2003, 04:23 PM   #1
Violent Apathy

Smokers unite!

Man I'm sick of all these cities and states passing smoking bans. A couple cities here in the Phoenix metro area here have passed the bans (Scottsdale and Tempe, think i might be forgetting one), and Scottsdale called a meeting of all teh cities in the metro area to talk about enforcing a ban on all the cities on smoking, though luckily the City of Phoenix itself didnt' even bother to show up haha. ANyways just heard that the entire state of New York passed a ban on smoking in public places, joining California and Deleware. You can't smoke in public places, resteraunts, bars, pool halls, etc. Stupidest thing I've heard so many bars and pool halls in Scottsdale and Tempe are losing revenue because of the ban hehe. And nothing pisses me off more then when some idiot walks up to me and says "You shouldn't smoke, it's bad for you" or somethign along those lines.
REALLY?!?! Man all this time i thouhgt smoking would add 20 years to my life, increase my penis size, and get me raises at work! Thanks for the info! Anyways i kinda went into a rant here, who here smokes and what do you smoke? So far all I know of is AccordinStyle :P Camel Filters here :P

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
firstgeardude

the world would be a better place without cigs....
Old 03-27-2003, 05:01 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i completely agree with bacon. **** the smoking bans, **** everyone that tells me to stop smoking.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 05:59 PM   #4
OPAKRACING

Smoke pot, not cigs
Old 03-27-2003, 07:13 PM   #5
mt.biker

i cant stand being around people that smoke... all you people that smoke in your cars ruin good machines for no reason. Smoking sucks full stop end of story...
Old 03-27-2003, 07:30 PM   #6
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
i cant stand being around people that smoke... all you people that smoke in your cars ruin good machines for no reason. Smoking sucks full stop end of story...

yea, cigs suck when it comes to smell....all ya have to do for pot smell (which is good btw ) is open the windows on your way home and its out
Old 03-27-2003, 07:45 PM   #7
OPAKRACING

Pot, weed, ganja, green, kronic, dank, krypto, marijuana, sensimillia, kronic, ITS ALL ABOUT THE WEEEDDD!

Old 03-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #8
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
Pot, weed, ganja, green, kronic, dank, krypto, marijuana, sensimillia, kronic, ITS ALL ABOUT THE WEEEDDD!

hmmm...i think i understand now

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 08:14 PM   #9
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

ditto.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 08:31 PM   #10
ShEaNy

i hate CIGS..BAH...... GET EM OUTA HERE.......
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:14 PM   #11
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
hmmm...i think i understand now

yea, whats that supposed to mean Bit**?
Old 03-27-2003, 10:33 PM   #12
nonovurbizniz

Smoke doesn't RUIN anything... spray ozium in there and no one will ever know you smoked in it minus all the Goddam burns in the car....

And OPAK... I think NORML would reject you as a spokesperson...
Old 03-27-2003, 10:35 PM   #13
nonovurbizniz

and smoking is just like anything else in america... if you don't like it get the F away from it... if a resturant or whatever isn't providing adequate non-smoking facilities for you DON'T GO THERE.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:40 PM   #14
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
Smoke doesn't RUIN anything... spray ozium in there and no one will ever know you smoked in it minus all the Goddam burns in the car....

don't know wtf NORML is, so die.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:53 PM   #15
Violent Apathy

I get the feeling Opak likes pot...Anyways i quit smokin that shit almost a year ago, just cigarettes and good ol alcohol for me thank you very much.

Quote:
don't know wtf NORML is, so die.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bunny.jpg (47.5 KB, 39 views)

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Old 03-27-2003, 11:00 PM   #16
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

cigs are gross...personally I would like to see them gone
since weed/chronic/"the sticky-icky/whatever you wanna call it is already illegal...there isnt much I can say about it
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 11:19 PM   #17
RU_Teg

yea yea cigarettes might be gross to some people but not too me...its not that big of a deal...if you dont like people who smoke then just stay away from them...simple as that...I smoke so thats my opinion...

about the weed...ya weed is good...sometimes...not while ur driving though or about to drive...its pretty stupid to get HIGH when your gonna drive afterwards...your putting ur life in danger and putting other peoples lives in danger as well...smoke weed at home or outside on the block like I do and walk home...dont be stupid and drive around while you HIGH...doesnt work well...juss my 2 cents...
Old 03-27-2003, 11:24 PM   #18
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by RU_Teg
about the weed...ya weed is good...sometimes...not while ur driving though or about to drive...its pretty stupid to get HIGH when your gonna drive afterwards...your putting ur life in danger and putting other peoples lives in danger as well...smoke weed at home or outside on the block like I do and walk home...dont be stupid and drive around while you HIGH...doesnt work well...juss my 2 cents...

its a damn good, true 2 cents

if you don't be carful with weed it can lead to smokin cigs tho, and cigs aren't the best thing for you.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:27 PM   #19
RU_Teg

Quote:
its a damn good, true 2 cents

if you don't be carful with weed it can lead to smokin cigs tho, and cigs aren't the best thing for you.

actually cigs arent that bad...2nd hand smoking is worse...also did you know that after smoking weed, you smoke a cigarette and it increases ur high! Its pretty freakin' cool "combo" if that...should do it sometime..
Old 03-27-2003, 11:29 PM   #20
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by RU_Teg
actually cigs arent that bad...2nd hand smoking is worse...also did you know that after smoking weed, you smoke a cigarette and it increases ur high! Its pretty freakin' cool "combo" if that...should do it sometime..

rofl, i don't know where you heard that cigs aren't bad for you, i think inhaling non natural chemicals and tar is bad for you, k.

rofl, yes i know it amplifys the high...a nicotine high makes me feel like crap, thats another reason i don't smoke cigs.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:34 PM   #21
Violent Apathy

Smoking weed isn't good for you either, one joint is like 4 cigarettes, or i think it mighta been more i don't know the point is if you're so concered about health, smoking anything is bad for you, you're not supposed to be breathing smoke into your lungs. :P

Old 03-28-2003, 07:11 AM   #22
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Heres my .000005 cents on how I feel about smoking.

I cant stand it! There is nothing worse then trying to eat dinner and being affixiated by someones smoke. It ruins my whole meal. Whats the big deal? Why cant people wait 30 mins, then go outside and smoke? Are you that addicted that you cant wait a couple mins before you light up? If not, you should probably seek professional help.

Its not very fair to the rest of us who care about our bodies. If I wanted to smell and inhale crap I would sit in my garage with my car running and all the doors down. Atleast that way I would have a choice.

As for these smoking sections at resturaunts.. What a waste! They are usually right next to the non-smoking sections with no dividers or anything. Part of the problem is ventilation. If buildings where better ventilated where it would suck out the smoke better it wouldnt be near as bad. Ive been in a few places with good ventilation and it makes a huge difference.

To me smoking sections should be like the smoke rooms at some airports.. A glassed in room, so that no one else is affected by it.

But thats just how I feel anyhow. :o
Old 03-28-2003, 08:01 AM   #23
SolPol

Newports They rock

NORML=National Organization for the Reformation of Marijuana Laws
Old 03-28-2003, 08:34 AM   #24
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Cigarettes are nasty. How can anyone "enjoy" a cigarette? There's not flavor to it. And no MENTHOL doesn't count.

Cigars & pipes on the other hand are different. I enjoy a good cigar every once in while (few times a year). I'm not talkin about Black & Milds or Swishers either.

I think a ban is not a bad idea. I don't want to inhale that crap. And RR is right about resturants(sp?). Whats the damn point? The only place I've been that had the proper smoking section was Carvers. They have a special cigar bar. You can't even tell people smoke cigars in there.

Smoker's Aquariums. That's what they should all be. Small glass rooms. Kinda like a display on in the museum. "Oh look Johnny. There's a smoker..."

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz

LoL
Old 03-28-2003, 08:50 AM   #25
SolPol

You think cigs don't have flavor?

You haven't lived man.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:11 AM   #26
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
You think cigs don't have flavor?

You haven't lived man.

Let me rephrase that.

They have a flavor. If you like the taste of ash.....
Old 03-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #27
SolPol

Nah, Newports are Alive With Pleasure
Old 03-28-2003, 10:42 AM   #28
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
yea, whats that supposed to mean Bit**?

for 1 it explains your lack of knowledge of spiral max, among many other things

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:55 AM   #29
firstgeardude

*mmmmmmmmm* SMOKE

Old 03-28-2003, 10:58 AM   #30
msvtec14

I smoke Newport lights. I hate smoking though. It is the worst habit ever and I wish that I never started. I have all intentions of quitting for my 22nd b-day. When I turned 21, obviously I was going to be in the bars a lot more and that is when I smoke the most so I decided to give myself a year and then quit. I hate the smell. I'm always chewing gum.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:10 AM   #31
firstgeardude

congrats on the decision... quitting might be harder than you expect tho
Old 03-28-2003, 11:16 AM   #32
msvtec14

Well, I plan to go to my doctor about this and discuss my options for assistance with quitting. There's no way that I can do it cold turkey. I've been smoking since I was 15. And I'm not proud of that.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:50 AM   #33
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah quitting is gonna be very hard for some. my mom quit one month ago out of the blue and she said that she doesn't feel anything when she sees me smoking. i'm a different story thou. everytime i tried to quit i did nothing else than just up the number of smokes. i went once from half pack a day to 3 packs and i'm not too much lower now. oh well

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #34
msvtec14

God DAMN. 3 packs? I'm at one but when I go out at night I have to buy another pack if there is going to be alcohol involved. My mom quit for 7 years and started again. Which really pisses me off. There was a time where I smoked but she didn't and there was no smoking allowed in the house. But of course, when she started it's all good to smoke in the house and I hate that because we have cathedral ceilings on the bottom floor but with those ceilings the smoke all just rises upstairs and that's where my room is and I always leave my door closed.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:06 PM   #35
SolPol

Yeah, moving out and being able to smoke in the house really didn't help me too much.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #36
msvtec14

The worst is the morning cough.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:43 PM   #37
SolPol

Yeah, I don't get that so bad. I've had a lot of Newport smokers tell me they cough up blood sometimes too. Not so far for me.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:55 PM   #38
msvtec14

I've never coughed up blood but a lot of the times if I run in the morning my chest hurts for a little while there when I first wake up.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #39
SolPol

Well shit, my chest hurts if I run ever.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #40
msvtec14

That sucks. I'm all athetic and I hate dealing with getting all winded when I am a little out of shape because of winter.