::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2002, 02:22 PM   #1
black95gs-t

i killed my own car!!!!!

well here is the story. i was out at ennis motorplex in ennis about 2 months ago. there was this wrx there that wanted to race me. i had raced him before and he always killed me off the line cuz of AWD. but i would always come back and beat him by at least a 1/2 car length at the end. so we get the green and at the end of first i am maybe 1 car length behind. this is great cuz all of the other times i raced him at the end of first i was like 4 or 5 behind. so i go to put it into 2 and it won't. i was thinking "crap!!!!! i was finally gonna smoke him!!!!!!!!" and at that point i just coasted through and when i tried to get it into gear after i had left the track, it still wouldn't. at this point i was getting worried. so then i stopped and was engulfed in a cloud of smoke. NOT COOL!!!! can anyone say "burnt up clutch?" the only problem with this is ennis is only like an hour away from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i called my buddy and we trailered it back on sunday. now 2 months later, i think i knew all of the parts i needed. yes 2 months later and i haven't fixed it yet. i have bills. but any way, now i started cleaning it up last night and found out that when i took it to a shop to ahve the valve cover gasket replaced, they did not make it better. they made it much worse. now instead of having a little oil in one cylinder, i have lots in all 4!!!!!!!! they did not seal the gasket!!!!!!!! dummys. so now i need another new gasket, clutch, pressure plate, fly wheel, spark plugs, wires, and on top of all that, my blinker/headlight swithch leaver thing needs to be replaced too. well my very mechanicaly inclined friend is headed over here now to tell me what else is wrong with it. i'm thinking i will need at least $2000 in parts. (that also includes a quaife LSD, i figure if i have it all apart anyway, why not?) and i need more tools to do the work and a lift and a whole bunch of other crap. so i'm thinking that i will probably be spending about like maybe $4000. wheather i do the work myself or if i have someone else do it. basically i am saying, I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!!!!! sorry about the length. dang. i am long winded huh?

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 03:33 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Ouch, very soory to hear that.. I hope you have a good discount on parts..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:29 PM   #3
black95gs-t

so far i know of about $3500 that i need to fix my car. IT'S NO FAIR I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

Old 04-26-2002, 09:31 PM   #4
black95gs-t

and much to my surprise, the $3500 does not include a quaife LSD.

Old 05-09-2002, 08:25 AM   #5
ddr_max

dam that sucks ive blew up 4 cars in the past 2 years
Old 05-16-2002, 11:21 AM   #6
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news. I hope all goes well! Geez, what we do for our cars! It's like they're our kids!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:13 PM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

Dude i can somewhat feel your pain. At least i can still drive my car. Although I'm completely ashamed to drive it. (for those of you who don't know I have $1300 and some odd change worth of damage to my backend of my car). It hella sucks that you have to pay that much to fix your car. Especially when whoever "fixed" your car fugged it up. I'd be makin them pay for part of it! get bitchy dude!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 11:12 PM   #8
juvenile

yeah...can you have a talk with that garage that didn't seal it properly?
Old 05-31-2002, 02:12 AM   #9
black95gs-t

well that garage is 200 miles away
J

Old 05-31-2002, 02:19 AM   #10
PrimeredPony

Damn man, sounds like you need some driving lessons. 3500 in damage on one run is awful. :o

And you still lost to that wrx
Old 05-31-2002, 08:35 AM   #11
theonlypunk

What kind of engine can you buy for 4 grand?