::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Supercharger
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2002, 06:06 PM   #1
Grey16

Vortech v.s. Jackson

Hay I was wondering if anyone has used either of these brands for there superchargers. And if you have what have you had better luck with. I'm tring to figure out what I want to run super or turbo charger. I've always heard not to put a turbo on your car if you plan on driving it everyday. If anyone can help thanks.
Old 05-13-2002, 02:10 PM   #2
ShEaNy

well I've heard that the Vortech is better cause it has its own cooler? air to water or the other way around i can't remember? someone gota help me on that one...heh but i've seen that charger on lots of show cars and hear it really gives u a good boost and is good for daily driving..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:05 PM   #3
Grey16

what about boost how much can i get out of it with no upgrades is it like 6.5psi for both? and i've heard that you can get a intercooler setup for the jackson is that true does anyone know?
Old 05-14-2002, 03:55 AM   #4
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

I tend to lean toward the JRSC for a couple reasons. First off, the blower blows straight into the intake ports, whereas the Vortech must travel up the intake pipe, through the throttle body, through the intake manifold, then into the intake ports. Next, the Vortech is driven by bar spanning the engine bay. This translates into extra parasitic drag both at the flywheel and at the turbine.

The Vortech clamis to make more power. This is true out of the box. The Vortech benefits from more boost and the aftercooler. However, both of these are easily remedied. Stepper pulley kits are readily available for the JRSC, as well as an air to water intercooler.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:40 AM   #5
ShEaNy

ahh i see heh.. that helps me decide too... so even though they claim to make more power (Vortech) ... U would still go with JRSC? hmmmm
Old 05-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #6
Grey16

thanks for the info.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:50 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
ahh i see heh.. that helps me decide too...

If you're talking about getting one for your Accord, there are no SCs made to fit your engine.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:02 PM   #8
Grey16

This might be a dumb question will I have room in my car fo rthe JRSC with having the B16a in the 95' civic?
Old 05-15-2002, 10:05 AM   #9
ShEaNy

WHat? yes there is!! i went down to a place called Jackson AutoSport in my city and they told me i can fit one in! i dunno if its all custom work but they said! lol.. :o
Old 07-25-2002, 08:40 PM   #10
1BadAzzGT

I'm unsure of Jackson so I can't comment on it, however, I can comment on the Vortech since I have been running one for over 2 years. My experience with it is this:

1) It does put out a good amount of boost. A pulley change will net more boost, however, you have to watch the discharge temps very carefully....

2) If you go to a supercharger, might consider trying to keep down those temps, they are what causes grief. You could try alky/water injection, NOS, bigger radiator, intercooler and/or aftercooler, etc. So there are ways to keep it nice and cool.

Also with the vortech I've always had outstanding service and almost second to none. I've had zero problems with the blower and I do run it very hard.

If I had another 4 cylinder, I'd go with the turbo but that's a whole complete other topic. I just like turbo's better for some reason although if not tuned properly, although they can be a bear to tune sometimes just like a blower car.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:32 AM   #11
lotofsad1

riend were not even engaged, however she and

the pending keep the date mailings. nicole's cousin, amber, determined out that we had announced the date and referre