.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
IALuder

comment plz

there is this chick i have been friends with for quite sometime. she had a BF for the duration of most it. me and him were real good friends. they broke up and never got back together and will never either. direct quote from him. i havent talked or seen him for awhile, but his EX and i still hang out and what not on occasion.

she now appearently likes me and wants together. im starting to get to that point also. she is very attractive and into the samethings i am. but i cant commit to her becuase of her ex being one of my friends. even tho i havent seen him in awhile (3-5 months). i still talk to him online and some of his friends that are mine also.

would you date your friends EX? my golden rule was never do that. but man, im starting to like her.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'd say it depends on how good of a friend the guy is. If he's just an aquaintance, go for it. If he's a good friend, just talk to him about it. I never understood why people have problems with their friends dating their ex's. I mean...they're going to date SOMEONE that isn't you. But yeah...if it really matters, just talk to the guy.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
Wren57

Agreed... if you care about what this guy thinks, talk to him... if you don't, then date the girl. I had a really really similar situation last november; I was dating this girl and introduced one of her friends to one of my friends and they started dating... well when me and my girl broke up the girl that was dating my friend wanted to date me instead. I chose my friend over the girl... I lost no friends and they are still dating so it worked out. Talking to him about it would show respect and probably make you better friends and he'd probably agree to y'all dating.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

This actually reminds me of something that happened when I was a teenager. Since me and my brother are only about a year and a half apart, we had a lot of the same friends. He was dating the girl who we'll call Amanda. Me and Amanda were friends but really only because she was dating my brother and I always had a bit of a thing for her. Well...when they broke up, I became her shoulder to cry on. It was the first time in my life I realized how pitying someone and wanting to fuck them can get all tangled up in your head. You know...overwhelming sadness, meanwhile you've got a rodney in your pants. Is that sick? Yeah...yeah...I think that's kinda sick. Anyway, eventually we talked about how we both liked each other and whatnot so I talked to my brother and he was actually happy. He said she was a great girl but they were just too different and that she would probably be a better fit with me. Nothing really came of the whole thing, but I'm glad I talked to my brother instead of just going for it.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #5
Robert
R-Tard

THe proper thing to do is ask his permission. That would be the most honorable thing to do and what I did in your situation. HOwever in my situation she didnt sleep with the other guy. If she had slept with him I wouldnt be interested (cover that later).

If he's still hurt by the breakup he might say 'no' in which case you CANNOT date/touch her without ruining your friendship with him. If however he is not hung up over her he will have no problem letting you date her.

On to the point I made early. You really have to want to get close to this girl to go where a friend of yours has been before? I mean we can share a cab, share a table but I personally couldnt share a girl. THat part is your call.

Ask the friend, and be prepaired to go with what he says.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
THe proper thing to do is ask his permission. That would be the most honorable thing to do and what I did in your situation. HOwever in my situation she didnt sleep with the other guy. If she had slept with him I wouldnt be interested (cover that later).

If he's still hurt by the breakup he might say 'no' in which case you CANNOT date/touch her without ruining your friendship with him. If however he is not hung up over her he will have no problem letting you date her.

On to the point I made early. You really have to want to get close to this girl to go where a friend of yours has been before? I mean we can share a cab, share a table but I personally couldnt share a girl. THat part is your call.

Ask the friend, and be prepaired to go with what he says.
so have you only dated virgins?

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:31 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

^LOL

Bros before the Hos

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:46 AM   #8
Gone

I say you do whatever you want to do. Just simple as that, he should understand that you are your own person and things like this don't usually happen on purpose, after all you are a person.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #9
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief
so have you only dated virgins?

nope just not interested in putting my dick where a friend of mine has gone. Somethings just aren't ment to be shared.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:24 PM   #10
Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
nope just not interested in putting my dick where a friend of mine has gone. Somethings just aren't ment to be shared.
i'd much rather stick my dick where my friend has than a complete stranger has.

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #11
Gone

Both of those sound really ackward. hah.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #12
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief
i'd much rather stick my dick where my friend has than a complete stranger has.

Well if your comfortable with that go for it. It's not something I would do. I dont really like the fact that a friend could know my gf/wife that well. I mean friends are ment to be close, but not that close. Further more if you're still friends with the dude who slept with yoru now gf the two will be bound to hang out in a mutual setting. Personally I dont think friends sleep with eachother and would suspect it woudl make things very weird.

Out of site, out of mind.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #13
Grip72

there is this one girl we refer to as "club e"
her name starts with an E and well 8 of my friends have screwed her. She's a slut and that's how the name comes. I am not a member by the way. I refuse to hit a girl that has seen more cockends than weekends.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:42 AM   #14
susu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
I'd say it depends on how good of a friend the guy is. If he's just an aquaintance, go for it. If he's a good friend, just talk to him about it. I never understood why people have problems with their friends dating their ex's. I mean...they're going to date SOMEONE that isn't you. But yeah...if it really matters, just talk to the guy.
I agree with you.