::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #41
AzCivic

btw I'm drunk and yet I don't have any problems typing, lol.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #42
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

You can also damage yourself from drinking too much water on a regular basis, because youre washing away enzymes and important bacteria that live in your mouth and digestive system, along with having a huge effect on your sodium levels.
Just FYI
It happened to my friends fiance...she always carried around a water bottle, thinking she was so healthy... Then she spent over a week in the hospital in a sterile room
Old 02-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #43
AzCivic

thats a rarity, the majority of people don't drink enough, then some take it to the extreme.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #44
Mischief

i'm going outside to smoke a cigarette right now.. in fact i'm going to sit outside with my fucking beer and chain smoke.. being depressed fucking sucks.. i hate love

http://mensalmanac.com
Old 02-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #45
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I guess we're all learning slowly that just about anything can kill you. Flouride poisining, water intoxication, smoking, driving your car, etc. Just because it can, however, doesn't mean it will. Sure, I notice some effects from smoking (although Chris...I was never much of a distance runner. Even when I was in excellent, non-smoking shape I could sprint like hell but that was it), but it's obviously not enough to make me stop. And Rob...I'm not sure who you know that inhales cigars, but that's just about unheard of and incredibly disgusting. Cigars are all about flavor, they're not meant to be inhaled. Even I wouln't inhale a cigar. Personally, I don't care what you do as long as you doesn't hurt anyone and you take personal responsibility for it.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
Old 02-05-2006, 07:24 AM   #46
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Personally, I don't care what you do as long as you doesn't hurt anyone and you take personal responsibility for it.

Smoking in public spaces does effect/hurt others. Thats why non-smokers dont like havnig smokers smoking around them.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #47
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
Smoking in public spaces does effect/hurt others. Thats why non-smokers dont like havnig smokers smoking around them.

I seriously doubt the passing exposure to second hand smoke has any ill effect on anyone. Prolonged exposure, maybe. And that's a BIG maybe. The real problem is that so many non-smokers are such whiney little pussies that as soon as they smell smome they start bitching. If I pull up next to a car in traffic that's running rich I don't exactly appreciate the smell but I don't tell them to shut their car off. That's exactly what pussy non-smokers do (some of them anyway). They make a bunch of noise because you're smoking and they don't. Guess what. Fuck them. Smelling cigarette smoke for 30 seconds won't kill you. I, however, just might.

Nice try, tough.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #48
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

it varies alot from state to state with the public smoking laws and smoking indoors/in public, but around here its just kinda rude to smoke in highly public places like the front of a store or something like that. techniqualy 2nd hand smoke does have carsinagens in it, and inhaling any kind of smoke is bad for you, its not gonna hurt you from one pass, but if everyone did it, and over a long time second hand smoke has the potential to harm you. it comes down to why should the non-smoker have to inhale and deal with it. i dont like smelling smoke when im not smoking, so i can only imagine most people who dont smoke dont want to smell it either.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #49
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Fuck them.

Your attitude stinks as badly as your smokes...
Old 02-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #50
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Your attitude stinks as badly as your smokes...

OR, it could be that their attitude (non smokers) stinks? Because really who are you to tell others what to do to their own body, wallet, appearence, and image? Everyone always says how america is so cool cause "So much freedom" then outlaw smoking? Bullshit anyone? Throw your fucking freedom out the window right there.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
Old 02-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #51
Wren57

I choose to breathe tobacco-free air. You go against that freedom... majority rules, this is a democracy, majority doesn't smoke... so find somewhere away from the majority so you can smoke...

Because basically, nobody cares if you die from smoke. We just don't want to go down with you. Deal with it.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:20 AM   #52
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

You don't have any sort of "right" to breathe a particular type of air. If you're breathing right now, you're breathing polluted air. If you had such a right, we wouldn't haved backed out of the Kyoto treaty. Come to think of it, that's a pretty ironic statement coming from a republican.

Edit: And no one cares that I smoke? Cool...then stop complaining.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 AM   #53
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Edit: And no one cares that I smoke? Cool...then stop complaining.

You brought it up...
Old 02-06-2006, 07:57 AM   #54
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
You brought it up...

Yes...I did. My point was that people should stop complaining about something they have no control over. How did you not get tnat?

Old 02-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #55
Wren57

We DO have control over it... it is called anti-smoking laws. Can you smoke in a restaraunt in NY or CA? No. I call that control. Once again, you are wrong. Stop talking now, please.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #56
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally posted by Wren57
We DO have control over it... it is called anti-smoking laws. Can you smoke in a restaraunt in NY or CA? No. I call that control. Once again, you are wrong. Stop talking now, please.

Amen to that..

I love anti-smoking laws.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #57
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Yes...I did. My point was that people should stop complaining about something they have no control over. How did you not get tnat?

How does people complaining that you smoke differ from you complaining about people that complain?

They have as much right to complain as you do to smoke, and depending on where you are you have less rights to smoke then complain. Maybe you should complain to law makers. I'm sure they care.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #58
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
How does people complaining that you smoke differ from you complaining about people that complain?

It doesn't... Steve just has his head up his ass so he can't grasp this concept.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #59
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:

FL is on that list too.

smoking is dirty, it gets ash every where, smells like smoke.. duh.. and if people dont like it, im gonna comply because there are laws that i want people to comply to they might not agree on, but thats just the way society works sometimes, and you godda go with it. on that note im gonna relax out on my balcony and have a smoke

Old 02-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #60
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

Yeah...that's all you man. We have laws in KS like that, too. The town of Lawrence (where KU is) passed a law like that...and it's been a disaster. Only about 1 in 5 think it's a good idea. Most of the non-smokers I know that live there even think it's a stupid idea. it pissed off businesses left and right...some so much they actually left Lawrence. The law was passed by the city council...not the people. Laws like that get passed by candy ass governments, not people. Look at California. If you can name a bigger state of pussies in the country, I'd sure like to know.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #61
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
I choose to breathe tobacco-free air. You go against that freedom... majority rules, this is a democracy, majority doesn't smoke... so find somewhere away from the majority so you can smoke...

Im afriad that these 2 posts completely contradict themselves. One on hand we have rights...On another when it is more appropiate for your argument we dont have rights. The game isnt played that way. And yes, Majority does smoke. How many senators do you think smoke? You know what well go with your "majority doesnt smoke" argument and look at it this way.

1 southern ecomomy depends on tobacco farmers...oh and another

2 if you dont wanna read it it says that 38 BILLION dollars yearly are spent. Take that out of the economy and see what happens. Really think that we would be alright if everyone stopped smoking? Yes indiana has passed smoking laws. Who pays there? Bussiness because 80% of the customers smoke so when bussiness all leave because they cant make business you area property value drops drastically and you slip into poveryty level. You cant not possibly justify removing tobacco in america because You are not gonna be breathing any cleaner air you will be making less money and I would be surprised if anarchy doesnt erupt in the streets because of it
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #62
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Look at California. If you can name a bigger state of pussies in the country, I'd sure like to know.

Funny cause the state generates enough business to be a small country. guess the law there hasn't really effected people.

You're a little backwards. I realize you want ot be right all the time but you're pushing this one a little too far.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #63
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Funny cause the state generates enough business to be a small country. guess the law there hasn't really effected people.

You're a little backwards. I realize you want ot be right all the time but you're pushing this one a little too far.

Oh they generate money? Well then...I guess they can't be pussies if they generate money. It must also mean that everyone supports the law...because they generate money. Did I miss anything there? And it's not matter of wanting to be right. It's more that I AM right all the time.

More later maybe...late for class.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #64
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
Im afriad that these 2 posts completely contradict themselves. One on hand we have rights...On another when it is more appropiate for your argument we dont have rights. The game isnt played that way. And yes, Majority does smoke. How many senators do you think smoke? You know what well go with your "majority doesnt smoke" argument and look at it this way.

1 southern ecomomy depends on tobacco farmers...oh and another

2 if you dont wanna read it it says that 38 BILLION dollars yearly are spent. Take that out of the economy and see what happens. Really think that we would be alright if everyone stopped smoking? Yes indiana has passed smoking laws. Who pays there? Bussiness because 80% of the customers smoke so when bussiness all leave because they cant make business you area property value drops drastically and you slip into poveryty level. You cant not possibly justify removing tobacco in america because You are not gonna be breathing any cleaner air you will be making less money and I would be surprised if anarchy doesnt erupt in the streets because of it

They aren't contradictory at all... in fact, they support each other. This is a democracy, most people DO NOT smoke (your info is wrong on that one). What would happen if the $38b of tobacco-related revenue was removed? Simple; people would spend their money on other things. Money just doesn't dissapear, it flows... it would just flow elsewhere. And no, the south isn't all tobacco-farmers you stupid ass... tobacco-producing regions are more in NC and VA.

Almost all of your data is wrong, and thus the opinions you share based on that data are wrong. Re-evaluate what democracy means... also rethink how economies work.

Saying I won't breathe cleaner air bc of anti-smoking laws? Thats simply ridiculous... I don't have to deal with cig smoke in restaraunts any more, because people can't smoke in them, hence the air is cleaner... I experience cleaner air on a day-to-day basis...

Besides, nobody likes smelly hair/clothes, yellow teeth and a hole in their pocket... its just trashy.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #65
Mischief

maine screwed over alot of businesses by first saying if they had a room in the building with venting they could allow smoking indoors.. and before most businsess even finished building the rooms they changed the law to no smoking allowed inside no matter what

http://mensalmanac.com
Old 02-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #66
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
They aren't contradictory at all... in fact, they support each other. This is a democracy, most people DO NOT smoke (your info is wrong on that one). What would happen if the $38b of tobacco-related revenue was removed? Simple; people would spend their money on other things. Money just doesn't dissapear, it flows... it would just flow elsewhere. And no, the south isn't all tobacco-farmers you stupid ass... tobacco-producing regions are more in NC and VA.
Besides, nobody likes smelly hair/clothes, yellow teeth and a hole in their pocket... its just trashy.

You ignorant fuck. Perhaps if you looked at the link you would have seen this

"Some 130,000 U.S. farms grow tobacco, primarily in the southern states, and for many growers it constitutes their primary cash crop. The U.S. Department of Agriculture includes tobacco in its price support system, both because of its economic significance to the South--it is the seventh-largest U.S. cash crop--and because for many years it has been an important export commodity. American cigarette manufacturers also play a major part in the U.S. economy, earning millions from their domestic and their foreign sales"

What that says to me is that they are making a lot of fucking money and where does that money go? ECONOMY
Democracy means that the voters (american citizens) have power. When 80% (give or take) of american citizens smoke you really think they would pass anti-smoking laws? It seems that you are arguing because you are fucking delusioned. Honestly you dumb shit you think that an economy in a state like our could survive a 40 billion pull out? NO our economy would not flow. it would collapse because American dollars are going to foreign companys for the tabacco they supply.

Check it again ass fuck my data is correct you choose to ignore the facts. As far as cleaner air? Yea restraunt air will be cleaner. But unless you live in a bubble your retarded ass has to go back outside where....smokers are. Your argument is moot. You still havent tried to justify banning smoking. Because well you cant. Next time you sit at your computer I want you to go here and then think if your post will ever help anyone
Old 02-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #67
AzCivic

are you saying 80% of the US smokes??? lol.

if there was no smoking, why would foreign tobacco come here?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #68
CD5Passion

everyone is crying about dirty air but for gods sake 90% of you would like to use vehicles that do far more harm to our breathing air than cigarettes

thats why i drive a low emissions vehicle

haha I dont care if people smoke..hell i smoked for a short while..as long as a smoker respects the fact that I no longer smoke I'm good
Old 02-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #69
CD5Passion

Quote:

Saying I won't breathe cleaner air bc of anti-smoking laws? Thats simply ridiculous... I don't have to deal with cig smoke in restaraunts any more, because people can't smoke in them, hence the air is cleaner... I experience cleaner air on a day-to-day basis...

you may cut out smok from cigarettes but trust me you aren't breathing much cleaner air

enjoy

Quote:
The main air contaminants are:

- Sulphur dioxide (SO2). This contaminant is mainly emitted during the combustion of sulphur-containing fossil fuels, such as crude oil and coal. Sulphur dioxide concentrations in air have decreased in the past two decades, mainly because we use more non-sulphur-containing fuels for the generation of energy. Sulphur dioxide is a stinging gas and as a result it can cause breathing problems with humans. In moist environments, sulphur dioxide may be transferred to sulphuric acid. This acid causes acidification and winter smog.
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx). These contaminants are emitted by traffic, combustion installations, such as power plants, and the industries. Nitrogen oxides are also released from farmland in the agricultural sector. Using catalysers in car exhausts can prevent emissions of nitrogen oxides. Nitrogen oxides are gasses that react with other air pollutants when they are present in air. For example, nitrogen oxides play an important rolein the formation of ozone in the lower atmosphere, and in acidification and eutrophication processes. They can deeply penetrate the lungs and damage human lung functions.
- Ammonia (NH3). Ammonia forms during agricultural activities. Ammonia plays an important role in acidification and eutrophication.
- VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds). VOC can be a range of different contaminants, such as carbohydrates, organic compounds and solvents. These compounds usually derive from petrol and gasoline reservoirs, industrial processes and fuel combustion, paint and cleanser use, or agricultural activities. VOC play an important role in ozone shaping in the lower atmospheric layer, the main cause of smog. VOC can cause various health effects, depending on the kind of compounds that are present and their concentrations. Effects can vary from smell nuisance to decreases in lung capacity, and even cancer.
- Methane (CH4). The main source of methane pollution is agriculture. But smaller amounts of methane can also be released during waste combustion and natural gas extraction. Methane is a greenhouse gas that contributes to the greenhouse effect and ozone loss.
- Carbon monoxide (CO). This gas consists during incomplete combustion of fuels. When we let a car engine run in a closed room, carbon monoxide concentrations in the air will rise extensively. Carbon monoxide contributes to the greenhouse effect, smog and acidification. The gas can bind to haemoglobin in blood, preventing oxygen transport through the body. This results in oxygen depletion of the heart, brains and blood vessels, eventually causing death.
- Dust particles. Dust particles form a complex of organic compounds and minerals. These can derive from natural sources, such as volcanoes, or human activities, such as industrial combustion processes or traffic. Particles are categorised according to particle size. The smallest particles have the ability to transport toxic compounds into the respiratory tract. Some of these compounds are carcinogenic. The upper respiratory tract stops the larger dust particles. When they are released into the environment, dust particles can cause acidification and winter smog.
- Ozone (O3). Ozone is created through photochemical transfer of oxygen. This process takes place under the influence of ultra violet sunlight (UV), aided by pollutants in the outside air. Ozone causes smog and contributes to acidification and climate change. Ozone is an aggressive gas. Which can easily penetrate the respiratory tract, deeply. When humans are exposed to ozone, the consequences may be irritation of the eyes and the respiratory tract.
- Radioactive radiation. Radioactive radiation and radioactive particles are naturally present in the environment. During power plant incidents or treatments of nuclear waste from a war where nuclear weapons are used, radioactive radiation can enter the air on account of humans. When humans are exposed to high levels of radioactive radiation, the chances of serious health effects are very high. Radioactive radiation can cause DNA alteration and cancer.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #70
Wren57

Never claimed to be inhaling cleaner air outside... merely while enjoying a meal out somewhere I didn't have to cook.

Americans spent more money than they earned last year... first time in a LONG time this has happened. If people didn't spend $38b on cigs, they'd spend it on something else... like maybe a gym membership or something worthwhile. Thats how the economy works. Stats show people don't save money, so if you give them more money (remove cigs from their vice list), they will spend that saved money elsewhere, spurring the economy from a different direction.

I don't give a shit if you smoke outside or in your house, but inside in a public place is just rude. I wouldn't fart in an elevator (and I'm sure if 23% of people farted every time they entered a crowded elevator, they'd outlaw that too) and I wouldn't smoke next to an old lady eating a sandwich. It is simple courtesy, but trashy disrespectful fucks such as yourself weren't courteous enough to refrain from sharing your cancer with others, so laws had to be made. You couldn't govern your own behavior for the best of society, so the gov't did.

Only 23% of Americans smoke you stupid fuck. You are the minority and the majority makes the decisions. Fucking deal with it or go to France*.

http://www.acde.org/common/Tobacco.htm

If you want to argue/debate, do it like a man and use facts... not your "I have no friends to give me counter-opinions so I think I'm right at everything" female-styled emotional debate. Think I'm a close-minded jackass? I live with a socialist and a conservative hippy. Chew on that.

Last edited by Wren57 : 02-06-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #71
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I like the "majority rules" argument. It's interesting...and irrelevent. The majority doesn't rule in this country nor should it because the majority is by and large phenominally stupid. A person is smart. People are idiots. Did majority rule in 2000 elections? Nope. One man got more votes, another man won because we have systems set up to make majority rule null. Plus no one in their right mind would call a bi-cameral political system a "democracy". A bi-cameral system is one of those "lesser of two evils" scenarios. We don't live in a democracy...there isn't majority rule...I smoke and there isn't shit anyone can do about it. I think that about covers it.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #72
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

wow 2000 election... please.

alright lemmi see if i remeber everything i wanted to say.

ah yes, smoking to support the economy. if anything smoking helps the government because of the high tax put on cigs, although as wren said, that 38 million would not disapear, it would be funneled into the economy anyways, since you can assume that the $3-$4 a pack you spend is part of your disposable income and would be spent anyways, or we could hope that it would not be included back into your budjet and put into investments stimulationg the economy much better, but doubtful that would happen.

crying for the farmers? ehh i'll get my violin. no one cared about the welfare of the liquor industry durring porhibition, no one cares about the multi-billion dollar cocaine industry in south america and how their families... shit how their county is going to get the income they need to stay halfway afloat. no one cares about the marajuana farmers in mexico, this is a evil industry, its manufacturing an addictive product that does do long-term harm to people. dont cry for them

pussies in cali for voting against it and i'll include all other states too... when im eating a $25 steak i want to enjoy it. i dont want to have to taste the cigerette smoke in the air giving my food an unplesent flavor. what about children who dont have as developed bodys and they have to hack away cause of second hand smoke, and dont tell me its a lie, i usta when my dad smoked around me, and he stoped cause of it.

air pollution... well its a situation that isnt easly tackeled but as i said earlier and other people did, indoors would be better, non smokers wouldnt have to smell/breathe it in. i worked in a resturant that we sectioned off the bar and had an air purifier in there, well it cut down alot, but you can still smell it if your not a smoker. it seems that smokers dont have as good a sence of smell, at least for cigs, and the remnents of it in the air is much more unpleasing for them as opposed to me(a smoker) cause i dont smell it.

Quote:
I don't give a shit if you smoke outside or in your house, but inside in a public place is just rude. I wouldn't fart in an elevator (and I'm sure if 23% of people farted every time they entered a crowded elevator, they'd outlaw that too) and I wouldn't smoke next to an old lady eating a sandwich. It is simple courtesy, but trashy disrespectful fucks such as yourself weren't courteous enough to refrain from sharing your cancer with others, so laws had to be made. You couldn't govern your own behavior for the best of society, so the gov't did.

i think that sums up, its dirty, smells and shouldnt be empossed on people who dont want to deal with it.

and on that note i light up a nice fresh crisp parlement i stole from the hippie who lives next door

Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #73
CD5Passion

haha this thread is dumb as hell...anyone else remember what happened when the prohibition laws were in place?

Last edited by CD5Passion : 02-06-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #74
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Never claimed to be inhaling cleaner air outside... merely while enjoying a meal out somewhere I didn't have to cook.

Americans spent more money than they earned last year... first time in a LONG time this has happened. If people didn't spend $38b on cigs, they'd spend it on something else... like maybe a gym membership or something worthwhile. Thats how the economy works. Stats show people don't save money, so if you give them more money (remove cigs from their vice list), they will spend that saved money elsewhere, spurring the economy from a different direction.

Only 23% of Americans smoke you stupid fuck. You are the minority and the majority makes the decisions. Fucking deal with it or go to France*.

http://www.acde.org/common/Tobacco.htm

If you want to argue/debate, do it like a man and use facts... not your "I have no friends to give me counter-opinions so I think I'm right at everything" female-styled emotional debate. Think I'm a close-minded jackass? I live with a socialist and a conservative hippy. Chew on that.

Wow...that was refreshing. You kids need to calm down. I'm having fun with this, but if it gets that out of hand I'll lock it down. That goes for you too, Mike. I mean it...I'll turn this car around.

See? Act like children, get treated like children.

On a side note. Wren...I AM governing my own behavior. Just because it's in a manner that you deem to be unfit doesn't matter. It's a personal freedom to do as I see fit. The government has no right to legislate it (or at least they shouldn't...for reference, see: "eminent domain"). If I had a dime for every report I had read in the past few years saying that second hand smoke isn't nearly as bad for you as people used to think, I'd have a shitload of dimes. I'm not "sharing my cancer" with anyone...they have the right to get up and walk away if it's offensive. Is it rude to think like that? Probably. Do I care? Not in the least. That's why I'd make such a great politician. I enjoy pissing people off, but unlike most politicians I'd do it outright. No dancing around it and shit. I'd punch babies and draw pictures of Hitler wrapped in foil pissing on Jesus just so when I did normal stuff people would be all relieved. Or something. That'd be so awesome.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #75
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

for as fair and just as you want everything you really enjoy shitting in peoples cerial. you can argue all you want but society works better when half of them arnt in discomfort or pissed off at the other half. so the solution was to ban smoking in public places, with some exeptions like bars, since its a higher concentration of smokers and/or people more tollerant of smoking. people shouldnt be allowed to smoke in hospitols, resturants, schools, malls, grocery stores, etc.. etc.. etc... what do you actually want fixed? people to say ok you can smoke where ever you want. what about the smell left behind? ever smelt a smokers car? and again after they cleaned it to de-stink it? smells not gone. i know for sure i wouldnt want someone smoking in my place of business smelling up my carpet and walls, getting smoke on my products...

see where im going with this? by saying you have to smoke outside or in designated areas your not being banned from smoking, but rather given a place much like a bar or even say a bike path where you can semi-safely use your device(whether it be a drink bike or cigarrette) without pissing other people off.

deep breath, exhale

society functions when it works together. why crap in the cerial

Old 02-07-2006, 12:44 AM   #76
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
what do you actually want fixed?

Good question. I want people to just stop bitching. As a fellow smoker Chris, you've no doubt put up with it as well. People make comments, give you dirty looks even though you've never met them, and the government taxes the fuck out of you even though people with other addictions (say...shopping or over eating) get off scott-free. You're right when you said I like things equal. That's all I really want. I guess I also want the people who've been giving smokers shit for so many years to know how it feels. Right now I get treated like some second class citizen merely because of the fact that I smoke. Pretty fuckin' unequal.

I take it you've never been to Europe? It seems like everyone in Europe smokes. You can smoke in restaraunts, airports, shops, and just about everywhere else. And when I say you can smoke there, I don't mean they give you some little poorly lit corner of the place. You can smoke pretty much where you like. Smokes are relatively cheap and no one bitches about anyone else's smoke. The funny thing is, it doesn't really smell of smoke anywhere and the streets are surgically sterile compared to the U.S. (at least in western Europe). If Europeans can pull it off, surely we can since we like to think that we're sooooo much more inventive than they are. The fact is that this country is just plain unfriendly to smokers, and that's bullshit. Of course I realize there are places where people shouldn't smoke. Two you mentioned are hospitals and grocery stores. I wouldn't want ashes finding their way into my operating room or people ashing all over my food. Aside from that there's very little reason to regulate it anywhere else (perhaps a natural gas field). If you can smell smoke in a restaraunt then the restaraunt doesn't have good ventalation...it's not the smoker's fault (see: Europe). Maybe I don't want to smell the entree being served 3 tables over...and in a good restaraunt I won't. But if I do I can't very well bitch and whine like some little pussy. So yeah...it's all about being fair. Some non-smokers might sneer and say "well that's how we like it so we'll do how we please". Yeah...they're douche bags who like to feel special and/or important. Do you care what a douche bag thinks? I don't.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:22 AM   #77
CD5Passion

the only thing i can say about smoking..i can't stand smoke in a restaurant..i don't know how to explain it but I don't like to eat in a smoke filled room..but other than that I don't care. you can smoke in my car, you can smoke around me, as long as its an accident you can breath smoke in my face...if its done on purpose we may have issues
Old 02-07-2006, 02:54 PM   #78
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Good question. I want people to just stop bitching. As a fellow smoker Chris, you've no doubt put up with it as well. People make comments, give you dirty looks even though you've never met them, and the government taxes the fuck out of you even though people with other addictions (say...shopping or over eating) get off scott-free. You're right when you said I like things equal. That's all I really want. I guess I also want the people who've been giving smokers shit for so many years to know how it feels. Right now I get treated like some second class citizen merely because of the fact that I smoke. Pretty fuckin' unequal.

well, everyone treated unequal. i look down on people who randomly run their mouths on their cell phones in tight public places because its unpleasent to my hearing sence. kinda the same thing with the nose and smoke. i guess people in the mid-west must be more against it than down here because as long as your not steppin on toes blowin smoke at people no one cares, no dirty looks, none of that. but that most likely has to do with the fact im in a part of the city with almost entirly college students, who as a whole mostly dont give a shit. thus our different views on it and why im happy with how it is, or at least how its working for me here and now.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #79
Robert
R-Tard

GT for all the complaining you do I find it rather hipocritical of you to be complain about how the majoirty of people feel. Consider for a second that smokers, are in fact the minority.

The consumption of your product in public places and/or around other people/childern does negatively effect their well being. Granted the air quality in general is lacking, it isn't bad in all places.

The removal of smoking in some states has been for the betterment of the general public, and one step closer to the lowering the number of smokers in society.

For a man who quotes so much knowledge, is so well read and so well cultured about the ways of the rest of the world; you seem rather unable to see through your own pride.

Europe has smoking everyone, not everyone in europe smokes. I'm not sure whent eh last time, if ever you have actually been to europe; however you would notice they live different lives. They work differently, relax differently, eat/drink at different times and actually enjoy a higher rate of unemployement. To point to one aspect of europe (which is a collection of numerous countries) to state they are doing something correctly is to in large part ignore the larger picture. France which is one of the countries in europe and well known for its smokers; has been recently unable to control a sector of its polpulation who feel hard done by and have been rioting.

So i rather suspect you would just rather feel your point is correct then balance your arugment with facts, remove the conjector and attitude.

Get educated on the issues...

Last edited by Robert : 02-07-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #80
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

See...I don't get this big push to stamp out smoking. Some people complain about health costs, but I pay my taxes just like everyone else. And it certainly can't cost any more than unrelated heart disease, strokes, alzheimers, cancer, etc. etc. etc. I have been to Europe...spent two and a half weeks in Germany/Switzerland/Poland. You're right...they do live differently. They're happier. Much happier. They're more polite and helpful. As for the unemployment rate...I really wouldn't know. Then again, it's got nothing to do with smoking. So...moving on. I'm not sure if you're drawing a correlation between smoking and the riots in France...but what France does is their own business. Besides, that riot was largely the result of bitchy youth groups pissed at the way they were being treated by cops. Muslims are now making a huge deal about characatures of Muhammed printed in Finnish newspapers (then reprinted elsewhere), but smoking is rare in middle eastern countries. Would you like to draw the same comparison there as well? As much as you'd like to chide me for not throwing facts around like a monkey flings his own shit, I sure don't see you popping out any gems of knowledge. And I know why. This is, more or less, a matter of opinion. The beauty of opinions is that they're different from facts...hence the different words. I know you want to shove it down my throat that what I do will kill everyone everywhere...but I know better, so I stopped listening.

Closed Thread