::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
iMporTtuneR

Question about Civic SI

Hi. I was looking through my local classifieds and i found a 2000 Honda Civic Si with 16k miles for sale for $12,300. Is this a good deal because it also has some mods, like a system, lowering, and 17" wheels. Should i buy this car or should i look somewhere else. Also, if i get this car, what is the power potential?
Old 07-18-2002, 06:18 PM   #2
2000civicexcoupe

I say get it
Old 07-18-2002, 06:51 PM   #3
blownteggy

grab it while you can
Old 07-18-2002, 07:45 PM   #4
iMporTtuneR

I'll make the call ASAP. BTW, are both turbos and Superchargers available for the SI and how hard is it to drive a stick on this car since i haven't driven a stick before.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:36 PM   #5
90civiclxryder

they have both turbo and supers for the Si, and stick is easy once you learn to go from a dead stop to moving
Old 07-19-2002, 11:45 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Sounds like a good price! Id get it if I were you..

Since the SI has a B16 in it, its a lot easier to mod the say a D16. They make parts galore for the B16s.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:01 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

go get it, but make sure the car is alright. at that price something must be wrong with the car

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 02:29 PM   #8
iMporTtuneR

i am worried about hidden problems and such that the seller is not disclosing but i'll definetly go have a look at the car. Do the Si's come with short throw shifters or do i have put one in?
Old 07-19-2002, 03:15 PM   #9
blownteggy

i'd learn how to drive stick in beater if i were you. you don't wanna go and f up a practically new tranny do ya?
Old 07-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Short Shifters arent stock.. Though the SI may have a shorter through then say... An LX civic. I dont know that for a fact tho.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:02 PM   #11
iMporTtuneR

"i'd learn how to drive stick in beater if i were you. you don't wanna go and f up a practically new tranny do ya?"

Actually, i know someone who got a new Roush Mustang and didn't know how to drive a stick but learned and he turned out fine. I don't think i am worried too much if i get the car. Oh, is it required that i use high octane gas.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:12 PM   #12
AzCivic

I wouldn't think so maybe the medium grade. That wouldn't keep you from buying the car would it?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 01:40 AM   #13
VieT916

It might have a salvaged title on it or something. I've never seen a Si go for that low. Look at it, write down the VIN number, register on www.clubsi.com and make a post in the "General" forum under the carfax thread. Just make a message that you need info for whatever VIN number is on the Si, and the guy will get it for you and post it up. If it comes out clean, it's definitely a steal!
Old 07-22-2002, 12:16 PM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Nah its possible that it doesnt, just depends on how bad they want to sell a car. There was a blue SI for sale at a car lot here, Im not sure how many miles it had but they only want $12,900. For it from a car lot. Maybe thats just payoff, and that person wants to get rid of it.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:12 PM   #15
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by VieT916
Just make a message that you need info for whatever VIN number is on the Si, and the guy will get it for you and post it up. If it comes out clean, it's definitely a steal!

nah that doesn't work always. i got my car, and it was pulling right way too hard, and i thought it was the tire pressure and went ahead and bought the car, then i run the carfax report and it turned out fine, then i took it for the alignament and the mechanic told me that i had too many parts bent in the suspension, and whatever that threw the car that much wasn't a light accident or a potwhole. it looked like the car was totaled before, and fixed in some small shop

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote