::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2002, 06:48 PM   #1
Civicfrenzy

advice

ok i have a few questions here. Its for a 96 civic coupe.

1. How is this head unit. Kenwood KDC-MP919 . Im just wanting some imput about it. If anyone has had it or does have it what do u think.

2. Along with the head unit im upgrading speakers maybe subs and everything that is involved with the process. I want some nice clean sound. What does everyone recomend.
I dont want to spend a mass amount of money but you get waht u pay for but give me some options if u could. Actally waht all do i need honestly i know nothing about speakers and sound systems and iv been reading some posts and im confused with just about everything. So i need alot of help.

Thanks everyone
Old 01-01-2003, 02:08 PM   #2
Afroney

Kenwood is a pretty good company.

I dont know about your specific model, but I know they make some pretty good stuff. As for speakers, genarally the more you spend the more you get. Stay away from jensen and sony, those seem to be the worst. Good cheap speakers include Kenwood, Blaupunkt, and Pioneer. Some of the better speakers (better, I mean pricy too) include Alpine, infinity, Cherwin Vega, and JL.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:53 PM   #3
crashoveride

if you have a circit city by you go there....they have this good deal on infinity kappas buy one get one half price....so you can get two sets of really good speakers for 150 dollers, they have rubber surrounds and a pearl mica woofer and titaniums swivil tweeters...they rock.. also try www.crutchfield.com and look into buy one get one half price deals.....
Old 01-06-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
tooslow91crx

i'm running jbl gto series full range speakers an polk audio subs. try to keep all of your full ranges from the same manufacturer, different speakers have completely different sounds. i like my jbl's. i've heard better speakers, but for the price, i like them better than pioneers, kenwood's, etc. as for subs, it really depends on what you want. there are basically two completely different categories of subs... sound quality and spl. spl subs can play louder, hit harder, and handle more power. sound quality subs don't move as much air, but sound cleaner and can usually play a little higher and a little lower. my polk's are really clean and low to mid volumes, but when i crank the bass up, they start to sound weak and sloppy