Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2002, 10:25 AM   #1
VTC_CiViC

Sentra SE-R Spec V vs. Integra GS-R

My friend just got himself an '02 blue Sentra SE-R Spec V., beautiful car! Sooo.. since my friend is so confident he's gonna hand me one in his new SE-R vs. the GS-R, I figure "why not". I mean after driving the SE-R, it did leave me impressed and I was thinking I was gonna catch a beat down, but alas.. this is why ya run em'
We head out to some warehouses near my house, line up on a long stretch of road. Both cars are stock BTW, and my friend has his 220lb brother with him, i'm alone. We bring up the revs and ::BAM:: we're off!! We both get nominal wheel spin but I pul out on him, hit 2nd and i'm a good 3/4 car ahead, ring 2nd out and hit 3rd, I'm over a car on him and inching ever so slowly, top 4th when I let off I'm a good car and a half up..

We line up again... 3-2-1 GO! We're off both with some wheelspin again (BTW the SE-R comes with a factory LSD, GS-R doesn't) and again I pull maybe half a car on him from the jump. Hit 2nd and I'm inching away, hit 3rd and I've got a good car on him and I shut it down..

We stop on a small side street and chit chat, he now has a dumbfounded look on his face, I mean after all he told me how he was killing Si's and took a Type R already, and here he loses to a bone stock GS-R. So I told him to let me have his brother ride with me (I wanted absolutley no excuses), he switches and we're off to the roads again.

To make a long story short(er), each time we ran with his bro in my car it was close through 3rd gear with him having about a car length on me. Oh well, till March 15th we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'll make sure to get alot of video's when we all this the track together though.. to be continued

CLIFFS: Friend get's a new SE-R and is positive he's gonna "kill" my GS-R... I left him somewhat less than positive